PDA

View Full Version : Went Deere?

Construct'O
11-09-2008, 08:00 AM
Well,finally got my Deere 50D and putting it to work!It took for every? Imagine that!:dizzy:

Got everything i could get including a radio,thumb,cab the works.Also got an extra bucket 36".Also ax flow valve(reduce flow for my hydualic hand tamper) and diverter vavle to run attachments with out having to unconnect the thumb lines.It is a electric valve just flip the swith to change back and fore.

I traded my 911 Deere skidsteer mount backhoe in for the down payment,and got the 0% for 42 month payment plan.They gave me what i gave for the backhoe 3 years ago.It also had an extra 36" bucket.

The backhoe was in great shape.It worked good,had a lot of power and was an extended hoe.Heavy built.BUT!!!! after getting my 303 mini i hardly was using it,because of how much handler the mini was:cool2:.

For one thing you had to get on and off the backhoe to move the machine.So usually had someone in it to move me as i backhoed.So as you can see that was a major pain!

I went with the 50D to go along with my bigger trencher.Needed the 24" bucket to do dig in to get started with the bigger trencher,where the ditches was to narrow to get the tail(shoe) of the machine down on grade to start trenching.

Little to old i'm thinking,but thought it would make life a little more easier,plus anytime you can trade and get back what you paid for an attachment after three years and 0% interest i fished for it:laugh::usflag:

AWJ Services
11-09-2008, 09:41 AM
Well,finally got my Deere 50D and putting it to work!It took for every? Imagine that

Pics?

How do you like it?
Give us the positives and negatives of the machine?
After owning one I have no idea how anyone works without an excavator.LOL

bobcat_ron
11-09-2008, 11:03 AM
I'd like to see pics of these valves.

RockSet N' Grade
11-09-2008, 12:03 PM
Constructo.......I too would like to see valve and plumbing pics

dozerman21
11-09-2008, 12:20 PM
Congrats on the new paint!:cool2: I like that size mini. I hope to have one someday. The Deere mini's seem to have a pretty good reputation around here and I've been seeing more of them. Did you compare or consider the Deere with anything else?

Get some pics up when you get her dirty.:usflag:

Dirt Digger2
11-09-2008, 02:42 PM
nothing wrong with going Deere...a guy around here got yanked around real bad by CAT with warranty work so he told them where to stick it...went and sold all his CAT equipment and bought DEERE...hes got those little "piss on stickers" of the guy pissing on the CAT logo...pretty funny

GradeMan
11-09-2008, 03:46 PM
I know a company that lost a few motor in mini cat with less than 250hrs.
They love there cat machine tho, Just this summer they bought a komatsu, what a smooth machine, they have come a long way

ksss
11-09-2008, 04:32 PM
nothing wrong with going Deere...a guy around here got yanked around real bad by CAT with warranty work so he told them where to stick it...went and sold all his CAT equipment and bought DEERE...hes got those little "piss on stickers" of the guy pissing on the CAT logo...pretty funny

Do you know where he gets those stickers?

JDSKIDSTEER
11-09-2008, 04:37 PM

I think Bobcat Ron is selling them.

ksss
11-09-2008, 04:41 PM
I think Bobcat Ron is selling them.

Ha, ha, got my laugh for the day.:laugh:

Dirt Digger2
11-09-2008, 05:25 PM
KSSS i am not sure...i believe he probably had them custom made, its just that Calvin/Hobs cartoon character and a CAT logo underneath the "stream"

its funny...he kept his brand new D5...he has the stickers on his backhoe, trackhoe and service truck...it makes it funny when he has his D5 parked on the same job as his backhoe and 120C trackhoe

bobcat_ron
11-09-2008, 05:35 PM

I can get them custom made at any sign shop, just supply the "pissed on" logo.

Construct'O
11-09-2008, 10:44 PM
Guys i will try to get pictures of the valves and machine .Been really busy with work running out the rear.The work load is carried over from this time last year with the early winter ice storm that lasted all winter and then the floods this spring and wet this fall.

The ax flow valve was a factory valve and there is a rocker switch mounted in the consul for low and high flow.As for the diverter valve the dealer got it and mounted it.It has a switch with two postioning.With a push bottom on the end.They mounted it down under the left hydraulic control lever out of the way.

Just flip the toggle and you go from thumb to attachment flow.

Didn't take picture when new since it has been mentioned need to get some work picture instead of dealer shots:).

The machine has the long stick,so the bigger counterweight,so won't be complete ZTS. The engine is a 4 cyclinder yanmer.It is a lot smoother running then the 3 cyclinder machines like in the 303 and 35D which is rough when idling ,but smooths out when rpm is idled up.

The thumb looks to be built a lot heavier then the early models.The boom is built heavy and the machine in it's self to be well built.They have made a lot of improvement from the early machine as in the Cat machines.

Just from what i have gotten to run it,which hasn't been much since i have been busy dozing.My trenching crew is using it for the dig in mentioned on early post.

My digging is not tuff like some off the others on here ( other then wet heavy clay,mud),so with that said the machine does does seem to dig very well ,power and smooth hydraulic.You have to be careful to not over dig for grading the trench because of the smooth power(not a lot of drag or feel in the controls)

The 24" bucket is the heavy duty bucket ,nice heavy bucket(big improvement there) with the replacable teeth.Will try to get a picture of it also.I think they have really stepped up thing on the newer machine,from what i have seen on the older ones.

Only machine that i compared the 50 with was a Cat.Both looked to be nice.I do like the Deere.Cab is nice just as good as the newer Cat.Might not be quite as big ,but they are nice,cloth seat and the works.

One of the big reason(going Deere) as said before the dealer gave me a good deal with the trade in of the skid mounted backhoe deal as stated before.I'm sure i couldn't have went to anyone else and got the resale value they gave me on the attachment.Same price as i gave for it 3 years ago.It was in excellent conditon also tho!

Until the tipped it off the trailer unloading:laugh:(another story later)

They also didn't overly hold me up on the 50 either.Considering the extra bucket , heavy duty buckets,thumbs,the two valve,long stick.I work recommand demoing one and judge for yourself.

Anyway,tired from working all day.Pictures to come.They are talking rain here again starting tomorrow night.Maybe tuesday.:usflag:

ksss
11-09-2008, 10:55 PM
Guys i will try to get pictures of the valves and machine .Been really busy with work running out the rear.The work load is carried over from this time last year with the early winter ice storm that lasted all winter and then the floods this spring and wet this fall.

The ax flow valve was a factory valve and there is a rocker switch mounted in the consul for low and high flow.As for the diverter valve the dealer got it and mounted it.It has a switch with two postioning.With a push bottom on the end.They mounted it down under the left hydraulic control lever out of the way.

Just flip the toggle and you go from thumb to attachment flow.

Didn't take picture when new since it has been mentioned need to get some work picture instead of dealer shots:).

The machine has the long stick,so the bigger counterweight,so won't be complete ZTS. The engine is a 4 cyclinder yanmer.It is a lot smoother running then the 3 cyclinder machines like in the 303 and 35D which is rough when idling ,but smooths out when rpm is idled up.

The thumb looks to be built a lot heavier then the early models.The boom is built heavy and the machine in it's self to be well built.They have made a lot of improvement from the early machine as in the Cat machines.

Just from what i have gotten to run it,which hasn't been much since i have been busy dozing.My trenching crew is using it for the dig in mentioned on early post.

My digging is not tuff like some off the others on here ( other then wet heavy clay,mud),so with that said the machine does does seem to dig very well ,power and smooth hydraulic.You have to be careful to not over dig for grading the trench because of the smooth power(not a lot of drag or feel in the controls)

The 24" bucket is the heavy duty bucket ,nice heavy bucket(big improvement there) with the replacable teeth.Will try to get a picture of it also.I think they have really stepped up thing on the newer machine,from what i have seen on the older ones.

Only machine that i compared the 50 with was a Cat.Both looked to be nice.I do like the Deere.Cab is nice just as good as the newer Cat.Might not be quite as big ,but they are nice,cloth seat and the works.

One of the big reason(going Deere) as said before the dealer gave me a good deal with the trade in of the skid mounted backhoe deal as stated before.I'm sure i couldn't have went to anyone else and got the resale value they gave me on the attachment.Same price as i gave for it 3 years ago.It was in excellent conditon also tho!

Until the tipped it off the trailer unloading:laugh:(another story later)

They also didn't overly hold me up on the 50 either.Considering the extra bucket , heavy duty buckets,thumbs,the two valve,long stick.I work recommand demoing one and judge for yourself.

Anyway,tired from working all day.Pictures to come.They are talking rain here again starting tomorrow night.Maybe tuesday.:usflag:

You have a high and low flow option on the machine? What is the gpm difference? I have never heard of that before on a mini excavator.

Junior M
11-10-2008, 10:08 AM
I definetly need to hear the story about tipping the hoe attachment off the trailer ;)

Good luck with the new machine...

AWJ Services
11-10-2008, 06:33 PM
Kubotas Kx080 machine has selectibale flows for the aux circuit.
I would not consider that a mini though.

Construct'O
11-10-2008, 09:41 PM
You have a high and low flow option on the machine? What is the gpm difference? I have never heard of that before on a mini excavator.

The aux flow is 22.5 on the 50D and the 35D is 17.5 ,by the spec sheet.Will try to get more info on the flow valve.Pretty sure it is doesn't have high flow like the skids.Is probably the standard flow and can be reduced down with the valve.

It is a factory setup ,but was installed at the dealer,with the factory rocker switch in the control panel.It is mounted on the right side of the machine behind the right side body panel.

As i was looking at the spec sheet the 35D has three hydraulic pumps, two piston and 1 gear.The 50D has only one piston pump thought that was interesting.:usflag:

Construct'O
11-10-2008, 10:00 PM
I definetly need to hear the story about tipping the hoe attachment off the trailer ;)

Good luck with the new machine...

I loaded the backhoe on my gooseneck trailer and took it to the dealer to pick up the min.Didn't want to have to haul my CTL up to unload and then bring it home and go back to get mini.

So i called before taking it to see if they had skid to unload.When we got there and the saleman came out he went to get the skid,but didn't have key ,so he went and got key for the skid.It didn't work for some reason:confused:

He was in a big hurry so went and got there forklift (Deere tractor type).He got it up on the trailer and tryed to lift the backhoe but it tried to tip then.I said we need to get the skid going.But the response was didn't have time.I said needed chained ,so we chained it to the forklift.

Got almost to the back of the trailer when the backhoe swing a little to one side (needed the pin in the lock postion),just enough to throw it off balance and over the side it went half on the trailer and half off!!!!!!!!

Of course the outriggger gouged the heck out of my floor.Bent the seat on the backhoe,but other then that my floor recieved more damage.The saleman was p$$$$ by now,of coure i remined him that he own me some new flooring and that he should have used the skid:laugh:.

My dad always told me haste makes waste.Pretty will holds true!:):usflag:

ksss
11-14-2008, 08:10 PM
The aux flow is 22.5 on the 50D and the 35D is 17.5 ,by the spec sheet.Will try to get more info on the flow valve.Pretty sure it is doesn't have high flow like the skids.Is probably the standard flow and can be reduced down with the valve.

It is a factory setup ,but was installed at the dealer,with the factory rocker switch in the control panel.It is mounted on the right side of the machine behind the right side body panel.

As i was looking at the spec sheet the 35D has three hydraulic pumps, two piston and 1 gear.The 50D has only one piston pump thought that was interesting.:usflag:

That has to be miss print. They can't run an excavator on only a single piston pump.

Construct'O
11-14-2008, 10:11 PM
That has to be miss print. They can't run an excavator on only a single piston pump.

Don't know just what they have printed on there propaganda spec sheet." one piston pump":rolleyes: !!!!!!!

Finally got the info on the aux flow control valve.The high is 22.5 gpm and the low is 11.9 gpm.It can be adjusted by resetting the flow.Will go as low as 2.9 to 22.5 the high setting.

ksss
11-15-2008, 05:19 PM
Don't know just what they have printed on there propaganda spec sheet." one piston pump":rolleyes: !!!!!!!

Finally got the info on the aux flow control valve.The high is 22.5 gpm and the low is 11.9 gpm.It can be adjusted by resetting the flow.Will go as low as 2.9 to 22.5 the high setting.

That would be a very handy feature when switching from a breaker which takes less gpm to a hoe pac which takes full gpm.

bobcat_ron
11-15-2008, 06:05 PM
It's a high flow version for excavators, combined flow from the pumps, so each pump contributes 40% of their max. flow to the circut, skid steers are plumbed like that too, very simple.

Construct'O
11-15-2008, 07:54 PM
That would be a very handy feature when switching from a breaker which takes less gpm to a hoe pac which takes full gpm.

KSSS What is the gpm it takes to run breaker and why does it take less flow?

Here is some pic of the skid mounted backhoe i traded,to muddy to get to machine to take the pics of the valves yet.:usflag:

bobcat_ron
11-15-2008, 08:01 PM
Wow, I've never seen and Extend-a-hoe option on a back hoe that small!

Junior M
11-15-2008, 08:07 PM
did that pallet of buckets go with your old backhoe attachment? If so that's a pretty big bucket for a hoe attachment to be dragging around!

Construct'O
11-15-2008, 08:11 PM
Ron it worked good with lots of power for its size.It had 24"bucket on it and there was a foot pedal on the floor to extend.The bucket on the pallet was 36 inch.

I never used it.I got it if i wanted to do a septic system once an awhile.Just to busy with other things.Plus after getting the 303 mini(way handler) it was like day and night.:):usflag:

Construct'O
11-15-2008, 08:13 PM
did that pallet of buckets go with your old backhoe attachment? If so that's a pretty big bucket for a hoe attachment to be dragging around!

Sorry ! Junior you posted in between mine:).Check below!:usflag:

Construct'O
11-15-2008, 08:22 PM
Here they don't want the leach fields to be every deep no more then 30" and with are good black dirt:) that the backhoe would handler the 36" bucket okay.The cambers are 34" so need the 36" for fewer and shorter runs then if i had to use the 12" cambers.

Using the backhoe on the 332 gave it good digging power even in wet clay and mud!:usflag:

Construct'O
11-15-2008, 08:24 PM
Sorry ! Junior you posted in between mine:).Check below!:usflag:

Wrong direction above! ;):usflag:

ksss
11-15-2008, 09:09 PM
The breakers don't require the flow. My Okada takes about 13 gpm. Most backhoe sized hoe pacs want around 20 gpm or more. The difference is the hoe pac runs a hyd motor which runs makes the plate vibrate.

Junior M
11-15-2008, 09:09 PM
Oh, okay, get enough posts in there? :laugh: