PDA

View Full Version : pic slide show

shade tree landscaping
11-09-2008, 12:03 PM
I am in the middle of re-doing my entire website top to bottom, and I want to add a photo slide show. How do I get one on my site? I am doing the site myself through yahoo site builder.

WebMan
11-09-2008, 12:32 PM
If you have tied your hands with the yahoo site builder you will have to use whatever "slide show" modules or tools are included with it.
Yahoo's site builder is among the worst (not THE worst by far but not good) so it probably won't "play well" if you try to insert a 3rd party add-on script for a slide show if there isn't one built in.
You can try though. Do a "Google" for "free slide show scripts" or free "photo" scripts and only download from a reputable osurce like SourceForge or CNet.

shade tree landscaping
11-09-2008, 12:55 PM
how do I find reputable source for scripts? why is the site builder so bad? You can enter any HTML code that may be needed as far as I know

WebMan
11-09-2008, 04:15 PM
IMHO Yahoo is just over-priced & under featured. Some site builders would easily do what you want "built in". I gave you the two best sources for scripts Source Forge & Cnet and www.hotscripts.com to name a few.
But remember, before opening the Script from anybody save it to it's own folder when downloading then scan that folder for viruses etc. with your anti-virus before extracting (if it requires extraction) and after extracting (before opening/using it or "running" it on your PC or web site) Many good people share a lot of great things free but read the license, some charge a small fee for business use & some are not free but usually only cost $10-$20 (and that's usually for the really cool stuff :dancing: )

Just do some searching on Google or whatever for photo scripts or slide show scrips and you'll find the sites I mentioned & more BUT DO USE CARE this is one way the bad guys can get you to upload a "drive by virus" that infects your visitors and you don't know you are the one delivering it :gunsfirin
Be sure to double-scan before opening or using anything.

shade tree landscaping
11-09-2008, 11:22 PM
I checked them out briely before, will def look at them more in depth over the next few days, thanks for that info. Like I said before I am very new to website design so its all trial and error with me.

Def will scan and rescan any and all codes before using them, a virus is the last thing that I need

Kiril
11-10-2008, 08:46 PM
Hands down, the best open source (free) image gallery software on the web.

http://gallery.menalto.com/