PDA

View Full Version : Paver manufacturer with new fire rated fire pit kit

DVS Hardscaper
11-09-2008, 01:50 PM
Coming in '09!

I don't know if this is out yet or not, so I'm not going to say who, and maybe this is something everyone is well aware of, but it's news to me.

We are in talks with a manufacturer about redoing a display at a supplier. And part of the job involves us replacing a stone fire pit with a modular fire pit....that is FIRE RATED!!

I have no idea if this kit is ugly or nice to look at, as i have not seen it yet and the manufacturer said they dont have paperwork for it yet.

Those that read my award winning posts are well aware that we do not build firepits with anything that is not rated for fire due to liability concerns.

Sounds exciting, I just hope it's not hideous looking

Dreams To Designs
11-10-2008, 09:57 AM
Andrew, I believe I know of what you speak. It was on display at the ASLA show last month. It is quite attractive and simple to build. I'm sure it will be a big hit when the showcases are presented early next year, but I don't think it's a secret.

Kirk

White Gardens
11-10-2008, 11:48 AM
Andrew, I believe I know of what you speak. It was on display at the ASLA show last month. It is quite attractive and simple to build. I'm sure it will be a big hit when the showcases are presented early next year, but I don't think it's a secret.

Kirk

You can always use any material that you want as long as the pit is lined with Fire-rated blocks. I paint them black when I'm done and the fires help keep the orange color from coming through over time when the paint starts to wear.