PDA

View Full Version : Anyone have experience with Zonecontrol from ABT Wireless?

little green guy
11-09-2008, 08:04 PM
I'm doing an install for a client that is set on being able to control different areas of the property seperatly. The only way I figure I can achieve this is by using seperate transformers, but the system at this time is only going to be about 17 fixtures (possibly added onto later) so I would rather just use 1 transformer.

I saw an add for ABT Wireless's Zone Control system and checked out thier website, looks like something that may work but I've never used it before and am wondering what you guys think of it?

Also, we always use Unique, on this job we'll be using the 24v system for the first time.

Thanks guys.

S&MLL
11-10-2008, 02:22 AM
Well hello.

Only know 1 other lighting guy from our area, and your not him.

Are you a lic. ec?

especially for 24v in NJ.

Either way last time I checked they only made it for up to a certain size trans 900 watt I believe.

Plus that was for a mdl type trans. You would have to see if they have made a module for unique trans yet.

Pm me if you would like more info.

Venturewest
11-10-2008, 10:38 AM
Search the lighting forum for ABT Wireless. There was a thread about it lately with at least one contractor sharing his experience. Also Joey with Unique is one of the people talking about it so it Unique compliant.

Here is the link. Hope it helps. Looks like a great project.

http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=248349&highlight=abt+wireless

John Pletcher
11-10-2008, 03:20 PM
Have installed two of the zone control systems so far. Seem to work just fine. You will need to get your hands on the master programmer though. Once you buy one you will be able to use it on all the ones you install.

Cannot comment on the 24 Volt system by Unique. Am sure Joey can tell you about it.

Good luck.

little green guy
11-10-2008, 11:56 PM
Hey guys thanks for the help.

S&MLL, yah i don't know too many other guys around us that do lighting, and we do have a lic. electrician we work with.

We called ABT today to see if it's compatible with 24v... still waiting to hear back, we may just go back to 12v if it's not. Thanks for the insight guys.

JoeyD
11-11-2008, 10:19 AM
Little green guy. Contact Greg w/ ABT. This will better solve your questions. It does work with the Unique systems as that is what they demonstrate on. I think you are up to speed on 24v hence your decision to use it. But should you have any questions I would be happy to work with you on it!!! 24v, despite what Kichler may say is the best way to save costs over a traditional 12v system!

Greg Hancock
Vice President of Operations
ABT - Advanced Bridging Technologies
Phone# 1-888-869-4737

little green guy
11-11-2008, 09:10 PM
Thanks for the info Joey, we spoke to ABT and they are supposed to double check with their engineer to make sure there's not problem but it sounds as if it will work.

As far as the 24v goes, I have been brought up to speed on it by my sales rep. and unique rep. and they are supposed to get together next week with myself and some of my guys as well to go a little more in depth with it so we have a thorough understanding of it. I will keep that in mind though if I have any other questions, thanks.

Lite4
11-12-2008, 12:12 AM
I installed 2 systems with the ABT and I am constantly having to go back to the properties to reprogram the lights. They are coming off and on at times they were never programmed too and I am becoming extremely frustrated trying to figuire out why they are not holding their programming. Unless I can get this figuired out, I will probably never use them again. Just my .02

JoeyD
11-12-2008, 10:39 AM
thats not good news Tim!

S&MLL
11-12-2008, 07:13 PM
ha I guess no more abt in somerset country