PDA

View Full Version : Health Insurance


landman
02-15-2002, 12:39 PM
I was just curious to know which Health Insurance companies other landscapers were using? Currently we are with AmeriHealth but with our policy is coming up for renewal soon and once again they want to raise our rates, plus it seems like less doctors are taking our coverage. We are in need of a small group plan for about 5 employees. Any insite and info would be helpful. Thanks

LawnLad
02-15-2002, 01:35 PM
We buy our health insurance through COSE (Counsel of Small Enterprises) through the Greater Cleveland Growth Association.

It's Medical Mutual of Ohio... they're only so so.

PAPS
02-15-2002, 07:35 PM
i used to use AETNA... and they are horrible... currently changinf policies for this season...

MATTHEW
02-15-2002, 10:14 PM
If you are like me, sick of paying thousands of dollars per year on premiums when you never hit your deductible, then I might have the thing for you. I believe in it. I am going to become a part-time representative for the company.
Here's how it works. You pay a monthly fee of $55.00 to be included in the PPO group. You go to the doctors/hospitals/ect on the list (which is enormous). Then, you pay the portion of the bill that you are responsible for-on the spot. It can vary from 10% to 50% of the bill. Then it is DONE. The doctor puts it in the "paid" file. They do not have to pay the secretary to file claim forms and wait for their extra small percentage. And it is not that big. I always thought we paid 20% and the ins. co. sent a check for the other 80%. They don't. The doctors give a very serious discount for guaranteed clients. This covers doctors,hospitals,prescriptions, dental, vision-even veterinary!
There are no deductibles to hit. No limits on costs. No claim forms to fill out. No waiting to find out your bills. It does sound too good to be true, but it works.e-me.

Nebraska
02-19-2002, 03:02 PM
Personally we have a MSA with a high deductible insurance policy. With 4 kids we pay $148 per month and put $275 per month to pay for the medical expenses that are not covered before the deductible is met. The deductible is $4800 for the family. You can put up to 75% of the deductible in the MSA. The MSA is also tax deferred and medical expenses are not taxed. The remaining will carry over like an IRA.

HBFOXJr
02-19-2002, 05:54 PM
Originally posted by PAPS
i used to use AETNA... and they are horrible... currently changinf policies for this season...

Aetna has been good to us. What problems have you had?

65hoss
02-19-2002, 06:12 PM
I have bluecross/blueshield. Its been ok.

longslawn
02-19-2002, 07:25 PM
Cigna Healthcare. They have been excellent.

solaras
02-23-2002, 12:13 PM
Are all of these policies Group or Individual? How many employees do you need to qualify for group coverage?