PDA

View Full Version : Various images

coopers
11-12-2008, 04:30 AM
Some of these images are from WADOT. The slide is recent, as of today and yesterday. The bank stablization is from October. We have some very active weather lately, getting over 13 inches of rain with snow levels at 10,000ft (wind too but that doesn't affect flooding). It's going to be quite nasty tonight and tomorrow too. Lots of flooding.

coopers
11-12-2008, 04:33 AM
...more pictures of stabilizing the bank.

coopers
11-12-2008, 04:35 AM
...and a few more with end result of bank stabilization. The other pics are just random things.

Cat looks a little worn, I guess even it needs a vacation in the Bahamas!

Gravel Rat
11-12-2008, 04:38 AM
The Pacific Northwest and the lower West Coast corner of B.C. is seeing lots of rain. Anything is better than rotten snow.

GradeMan
11-12-2008, 05:48 AM
Wow I didn't know united rental rented that big of a hitachi is a 200 or 300?
Nice pics

bobcatuser
11-12-2008, 09:23 AM
Excellent pictures. What's the idea behind having the logs sticking out of the bank with I beam between, do they get cut shorter?

bobcat_ron
11-12-2008, 11:24 AM
The logs will catch debris floating down and prevent future debris jams, as well as habitat for the "F" words.

Those Hitachi's look damn nice together.

trailmaker
11-12-2008, 11:29 AM
Very cool, thanks for the pics.

Tigerotor77W
11-12-2008, 01:54 PM
Where exactly is this?

coopers
11-12-2008, 05:11 PM
Grademan,

Yup I know United has at least 200's for rent. I believe the one with the breaker is a 200.

I think it's an odd way to prevent debris jams in the river but I think Bobcat Ron is right. I was thinking it was just more support for the bank to prevent serious erosion. The Hitachis do look great together.

Gravelrat, I'd take SNOW any day over rain. :drinkup:

Tigerotor, the sauk river bank stabilization is in Darrington which is 40 minutes north of seattle and 30 miutes east of I5. So it's quite a ways out there. The slide pics are from SR 11 which goes between two counties about 60 minutes north of Seattle. It's a very, very nice drive. I used to live in the southern county the SR starts in and I loved just driving up and down it on good summer days and in the snow!

This pic shows a fossil impression that is found in the rocks from SR 11. It fell down during the slide. I thought it was kinda cool. A lot of fossils are found in the rock on this state route.

(not my hand btw)

coopers
11-12-2008, 05:12 PM
Since I'm too busy with my main job I can't take any of my excavation bids right now, :( so I'll try and get pics of other dirt work going on after the major flooding we have today and tomorrow. We'll see if there's any good action shots out there.

bobcat_ron
11-12-2008, 06:34 PM
Pretty cool looking fossil, hard to belive that all that rock was ancient sea floor millions of years ago.

coopers
11-13-2008, 06:39 PM
So here's a shot of them pulling loose rocks down onto the highway. They put a lot of sand down to protect the road. This is another neat shot of fossil.

And the final pic is of the sauk river as of yesterday and probably today. This is the same area where they were putting in logs and rocks etc. to keep the highway from washing out (see earlier pics.).

bobcat_ron
11-13-2008, 08:39 PM
Holy hell, that was a fern type fossil!

STIHL GUY
11-13-2008, 11:23 PM
wow thats pretty cool. we dont have slides like that around here

coopers
11-14-2008, 05:29 AM
wow thats pretty cool. we dont have slides like that around here

Yeah we'll be dealing with these things until April or June. There's a huge mud slide south of me from the rain we had this past week. DOT might gets some pics of that and I'll put up for people to see. We have a lot of roads/highways that are in areas that see rocks slides and mudslides constantly. On top of that, the numerous avalanches we have throughout the winter.

Here's an example of a slide about 3 hours north and east of me (near where I used to live).

coopers
07-14-2009, 04:28 AM
Road construction near my house. Volvo shot for Chris. Sorry it's blurry, didn't sit still while taking the pic. Another year of clearing the snow up north by DOT.

coopers
07-14-2009, 04:33 AM
Some more pics of a big project near my house. Can't remember the details but it involves making the road wider, adding a stupid traffic circle and some other crap. I'll try to get more at some point. They do a lot of night work because it's easier to get the utilities moved and new ones installed due to high traffic during the day.

First pic of 135C is from a completely different site. The last pic of the 120C I just added because I found it interesting it had all kinds of hydraulics going on, pin grabber bkt, thumb and the fancy tilt attachment (whatever it's called). This is a pic I found on the net, from Oregon.

esnipe8
07-14-2009, 08:06 PM
Grademan,

Yup I know United has at least 200's for rent. I believe the one with the breaker is a 200.

I think it's an odd way to prevent debris jams in the river but I think Bobcat Ron is right. I was thinking it was just more support for the bank to prevent serious erosion. The Hitachis do look great together.

Gravelrat, I'd take SNOW any day over rain. :drinkup:

Tigerotor, the sauk river bank stabilization is in Darrington which is 40 minutes north of seattle and 30 miutes east of I5. So it's quite a ways out there. The slide pics are from SR 11 which goes between two counties about 60 minutes north of Seattle. It's a very, very nice drive. I used to live in the southern county the SR starts in and I loved just driving up and down it on good summer days and in the snow!

This pic shows a fossil impression that is found in the rocks from SR 11. It fell down during the slide. I thought it was kinda cool. A lot of fossils are found in the rock on this state route.

(not my hand btw)

I sure hope that fossil is your new paperweight!

Scag48
07-14-2009, 10:05 PM
Oh boy, Mid Mountain. Nobody runs more of that Deere garbage than them. :laugh: They got a small gig in Mountlake Terrace in the median right by the Sound Transit parking garage thing, Marshbank has a couple hoes out there as well. Not really sure what they're up to, I see trench boxes but have yet to see any pipe go in the ground.

Buddy of mine I'm working with right now worked for Mid Mountain last year on that project by your place. They sure are taking forever on it, what's it been, like almost 2 years hasn't it?

coopers
07-14-2009, 10:35 PM
Oh boy, Mid Mountain. Nobody runs more of that Deere garbage than them. :laugh:

Keep down over there! :hammerhead:

Buddy of mine I'm working with right now worked for Mid Mountain last year on that project by your place. They sure are taking forever on it, what's it been, like almost 2 years hasn't it?

Yeah they have been taking forever. I know the snow we had this past winter shut things down for a while but when it cleared up and dried out etc. they took forever to pave and it still looks like crap. They still have to clean up the area they started in and they are not starting a new section down the street. Apparently they're doing it in phases and not redoing the highway all at once.

Scag48
07-14-2009, 11:29 PM
Keep down over there! :hammerhead:

Yeah they have been taking forever. I know the snow we had this past winter shut things down for a while but when it cleared up and dried out etc. they took forever to pave and it still looks like crap. They still have to clean up the area they started in and they are not starting a new section down the street. Apparently they're doing it in phases and not redoing the highway all at once.

When we get done in Tacoma, 2 years from now, we'll head up there and finish it. :laugh: Yeah I heard it was a phased deal, makes you wonder how much work is planned if they're still working on a single phase and it's taken this long.

When you gonna come down and have a gander at our small gig in Tac town?

coopers
07-15-2009, 04:13 AM
When you gonna come down and have a gander at our small gig in Tac town?

Facebooked ya.

coopers
08-26-2009, 02:23 AM
Today and yesterdays work...

Scag48
08-26-2009, 09:04 PM
Look at that baby Deere! At least they got the right brand of bucket, wish I could say the same for the thumb. :laugh:

coopers
08-27-2009, 10:43 AM
Look at that baby Deere! At least they got the right brand of bucket, wish I could say the same for the thumb. :laugh:

lol :drinkup: Ya that would be a baby Deere compared to ur hoes. I could have used a 160 but it did the job fairly well.

minimax
08-27-2009, 05:16 PM
That is not a baby Deere,I run the baby deere.I would say they got the thumb right and the bucket wrong!:laugh::laugh:

minimax

Scag48
08-27-2009, 10:24 PM
I ran one of our dash 7 PC400's a little today, then I got in the PC138. Buzzkill. :laugh: :drinkup:

That CWS thumb doesn't look too bad. Most of the hoes that I've run with CWS thumbs are the super long versions, I hate them with a passion. Could be a PSM and I'd hate it, not so much a brand thing it just seems that PSM doesn't build anything like that. I just don't like thumbs that are long enough to the point where they can hit the underside of the boom when tucked in. Was in 320CLU for the last 5 days with a Cat rebranded PSM Series II progressive, gotta love NC's ability to have PSM stock all their hoes with decent thumbs.

Yeah man I thought you were going with a 160 on that job? What happened to that plan? Did you get that 650H out there yet? That some of the loosest looking material I've seen for this side of the state, I'd trade it for some of the hardpan I was working with today.

coopers
08-28-2009, 10:51 AM
Ya I hear ya on the logger style thumbs. Don't like 'em either. This thumb is good. Doesn't hit at all. If I remember correctly the 160 wasn't available and I also didn't think this job was gunna be so big. The 650 wasn't available either. :( 450 did the job but slower. That dirt was ridiculously dry and loose. There was some hard pan/glacial til and you can see it in the pic from the cab. The hard pan did slow me down quite a bit. I was annoyed that I didn't have a grade beam it would have made things go faster but oh well. It was finished.

Junior M
08-28-2009, 06:59 PM
What are the details on this job? what'd you do?

Scag48
08-28-2009, 09:39 PM
Beams are nice, but that bucket is in good enough shape to drag a decently clean floor and it looks like you did just fine, nicely done. I'll trade you though, you can have the 60" CWS that's on my hoe. Wear plates on the bottom are toast, nice bow in the bottom of the bucket and the cutting edge is just about shot. About $1,000 worth of welding would get her back into good shape.

coopers
08-29-2009, 11:26 AM
Scag- Yeah the bucket was in good shape so it worked. Beams are nice when not level.

Junior- I cleared the area and then dug a 2200 sq ft rambler foundation. Still got much more to do.

minimax
08-29-2009, 01:54 PM
coopers,Where is this at?

minimax

GWhunter
08-29-2009, 06:10 PM
I know I'm join this thread late but had a question on the enbankment stabilization pics. Don't the logs the put between the i beams rot? Then your in the same boat right?

Matt

coopers
08-29-2009, 09:10 PM
Minimax,

Up in Tulalip.

GWhunter,

May not due to how cold our water is.

coopers
01-08-2010, 02:47 PM
Some additional photos from WADOT.

ksss
01-08-2010, 02:55 PM
Great pictures.

stuvecorp
01-08-2010, 03:21 PM
I like that Link Belt.Thumbs Up

Scag48
01-08-2010, 07:11 PM
Where's that Link Belt 135 at? I know it's Tri-State's hoe, it looks to me like that's the Fife HOV job. Tri-State has a whole wad of new gear, they have a new 225 Spin Ace and 328DLCR in Fife and the rest of their stuff down there isn't too old either. We just had a one of our 325DLC's dropped off this morning, can't wait to run that. :drinkup:

I guess that PC400 in the picture is Selland Construction's out of Wenatchee. I had heard they got the bid for that highway 410 work so I assume that's their hoe but they typically run 100% Cat. They sure went out and bought a lot of new toys for that gig.

coopers
01-09-2010, 04:00 AM
Scat, that PC400 was from the 410 land slide job. Believe the LB is down south too.

nedly05
01-09-2010, 08:20 AM
I like that Link Belt.Thumbs Up

Me too!

Awesome pics coopers! Lots of sweet excavators, I like that 120 you have at your job, that looks familiar I think I have seen it in some of your posts before.

coopers
01-09-2010, 04:46 PM
Nedly,

Thanks. Ya I've posted that 120 before. That 120 is an excavator I rent from a company I used to work for. So we go way back. ;) Some of the pics were from my employment w/ the rental company. Now I get to see her every now and then when I do a job.

Tigerotor77W
01-09-2010, 07:34 PM
We just had a one of our 325DLC's dropped off this morning, can't wait to run that. :drinkup:

Is that a new 325D delivery? I would have thought Cat'd be sending out 329Ds by this point in the introduction...

Scag48
01-09-2010, 09:24 PM
Is that a new 325D delivery? I would have thought Cat'd be sending out 329Ds by this point in the introduction...

No, I think she's about 3 years old now. We bought 2 units identical to each other at the same time and these hoes are numbered right around 100 in our hoe numbering system, the newest hoes are up around 120 right now and we purchase about 7 new hoes per year.

Tigerotor77W
01-10-2010, 02:11 AM
Ah, gotcha. Well enjoy! :p

KrayzKajun
01-10-2010, 02:18 AM
very cool pics!

coopers
01-17-2010, 11:25 PM
This was just cleared today! That would make me sh** my pants if I saw that coming down in front of me.

stuvecorp
01-18-2010, 12:02 AM
Is that common?

Scag48
01-18-2010, 12:12 AM
Dude I went back home this weekend, we had to detour around that bad boy Friday night. The road is fooked where it landed, as you can cleary see. Sucks because Central WA Asphalt paved the entire Tumwater canyon this summer, now there'll be a not so sweet patch spot.

Bleed Green
01-18-2010, 02:11 AM
what did they have to do blow that thing into pieces before they could move it? I mean they would have to move it in several pieces, but I don't know how safe it would be to be using dynamite in an area that seems to be unstable with rocks falling off of the cliffs in the area.

Scag48
01-18-2010, 02:17 AM
I imagine they drilled it, placed charges, and blasted it. Could have used that expanding stuff but it takes a little time.

coopers
01-18-2010, 08:36 AM
Stuve,

We do get a lot of rock and land slides during this season. We had one like this last year too.

Bleed green

That rock is way too big to move in pieces; plus, it's on Hwy 2 which is a major road in and out of Eastern WA from the west side and DOT needed it moved ASAP.

coopers
01-28-2010, 04:20 AM
So they cleared the rock up...and apparently thought of a good way to get a new Cat...damage the old one!

By mid day on Saturday, WSDOT Avalanche control technicians had drilled, placed charges in the rock and blasted it (three times) into pieces small enough to be removed. A total of 12 dump truck loads (about 120 cubic yards) of rock debris were removed by Saturday evening. Crews used 245 lbs. of explosives, four -1 lb. primers and eight -2 lb. primers to break up the rock which was estimated at approximately 15 feet high, 15 feet wide and 25 feet long (about 120 cubic yards.)

Maintenance crewmembers who have been working Tumwater Canyon for 30 years could not recall a larger boulder ever falling onto the highway.

nedly05
01-28-2010, 06:56 AM
:eek: low bridge?

curtisfarmer
01-28-2010, 09:08 AM
Jeeese, didn't know CAT offers the swing boom like a miniX;)

bobcat_ron
01-28-2010, 11:08 AM
Looks like a rolled rolled against the side.

If we had that kind of rock fall action on the Sea to Sky Highway, it would be shut down permanently, that is scary how many rock slides you hear about in that area.

coopers
01-28-2010, 04:08 PM
The collision pulled the hoe off the lowboy but it stayed on its tracks. It hit the bridge and then part of the dipper hit the pillar.

Scag48
01-28-2010, 05:14 PM
That hoe was in perfect shape when I went by 2 days after the rock landed in the road. It was just east of where the rock landed sitting in a turnout waiting to be picked up. That's the railroad trestle about 1.5 miles east of Dryden. Bummer man, that was a decent 320CLU. Morons. Just think man, some of our tax dollars will fund them a new one. At least that badass thumb, coupler, and bucket are salvageable. Why don't you try to buy it from them, I know how you like that PSM stuff.:laugh:

coopers
01-28-2010, 05:35 PM
I won't touch it now that it has Cat yellow paint on it. :)

stuvecorp
01-28-2010, 05:38 PM

Thumbs Up Good call! :)

Scag48
01-28-2010, 05:50 PM

Oh get over yourself. :drinkup:

Junior M
01-28-2010, 08:48 PM
Am I seeing things or is that the same hoe that removed the rock from the road in previou pics?

coopers
01-28-2010, 09:44 PM
Am I seeing things or is that the same hoe that removed the rock from the road in previou pics?

Your observations would be correct.

coopers
04-09-2010, 01:51 AM
Some more images courtesy of WADOT. The Kodiak blowing snow of SR 20 to prepare for opening for the summer.

coopers
04-09-2010, 01:52 AM
PC160 tearing up sidewalk for some road work.

stuvecorp
04-09-2010, 02:02 AM
Those snow blowing pictures are just ridiculous.:eek:

Nice 821E there.Thumbs Up

coopers
04-09-2010, 02:15 AM
My little project at home with the baby 'bota.

coopers
04-09-2010, 02:18 AM
Few more...i'll pick away at this project throughout the summer.

DirtMerchant
04-09-2010, 03:07 AM
Some more images courtesy of WADOT. The Kodiak blowing snow of SR 20 to prepare for opening for the summer.

I would love to be part of an operation like that.

Sigh/

Scag48
04-09-2010, 10:22 PM
PC160 tearing up sidewalk for some road work.

Thanks for the plug! That's our hoe on the Bellevue job. Things are slowly beginning to get rolling down there I'm hearing and we're getting all the big iron ready to go up to the pass. Mechanic worked on the 375L and one of our 8N's today. Ready to rock.

I see you got your play time in the backyard, looks good. :drinkup: Let's go swimming already.

coopers
04-10-2010, 12:29 AM
I should have known that'd be your guys' hoe. Nice one too. CWS. :-D Yes yes, I'll be getting chemicals soon for that green pool. haha.

Scag48
04-10-2010, 11:13 AM
Yeah buddy, you can kinda see the red logo just past the edge of the door. Those damn CWS thumbs, so huge and heavy. Haven't run that particular hoe in our fleet but the season is still young.

coopers
06-06-2010, 10:17 PM
Past this guy while traveling through Oregon.

ksss
06-06-2010, 10:33 PM
Past this guy while traveling through Oregon.

I told those guys to bring that back home to Idaho. Hard to find good help. I am going to fire them.:weightlifter:

Junior M
06-06-2010, 10:52 PM
I told those guys to bring that back home to Idaho. Hard to find good help. I am going to fire them.:weightlifter:
I knew I forgot something when I came back to the shop!

coopers
10-30-2010, 08:33 PM
Another pic for Talus that I took after my rockery job; forgot to upload it. And of course I'll add another pic of the Kubota.

coopers
10-30-2010, 08:45 PM
Just a quick shot of what my yard looked like after I tilled it. Slowly coming along.

This winter if I still have a job (possibly 20 of us are getting laid and it could happen any time between Nov 1 and the end of the year) I will come back in and finish the rest of my landscaping (the weedy sections beyond my grass in the first pic). By next spring I'll continue the planting.

talus
10-30-2010, 09:23 PM
Another pic for Talus that I took after my rockery job; forgot to upload it. And of course I'll add another pic of the Kubota.

Holding out on me eh? :laugh:Man i love the white ones. Yeah yeah, I know it's the same as the one I have. :laugh:

stuvecorp
10-30-2010, 09:38 PM
Looks good Coopers.

coopers
10-31-2010, 07:38 AM
Thanks stuve. Talus, I hear ya. You got pics of yours? I don't think I've seen it....I do like the white but over all I really like the machine.
Posted via Mobile Device

Jelinek61
10-31-2010, 07:29 PM
That snow blowing job is crazy.........That must be a hell of a task every spring.

talus
10-31-2010, 10:34 PM
Thanks stuve. Talus, I hear ya. You got pics of yours? I don't think I've seen it....I do like the white but over all I really like the machine.
Posted via Mobile Device

There are a few in ARP's thread on page 33 I think. You can see the latest ones on Machinery Trader. Cheap plug I know but I need me some white lightnin' :laugh:

coopers
10-31-2010, 11:53 PM
I'll check 'em out.

Jelinek67- Our DOT works hard to get that clear each year just in time for it to snow again. :)
Posted via Mobile Device

Scag48
11-01-2010, 01:48 AM
Your lawn looks good man, 10X better than the last time I saw it!

I did end up running that 160 you posted a couple pages back of ours. Actually, I'm not sure exactly which one is pictured but we have 3 of them that are identical. Managed to run all 3 of them this summer, I think we lost 2 of them back to Bellevue.

coopers
11-01-2010, 04:19 AM
Thanks Scag. I think you had mentioned that you ran the 160 and wasn't impressed or it wasn't what you thought it'd be. Weather seems to be holding out a bit; surprised it hasn't turn its usual November nasty.

Scag48
11-01-2010, 08:41 AM
Thanks Scag. I think you had mentioned that you ran the 160 and wasn't impressed or it wasn't what you thought it'd be. Weather seems to be holding out a bit; surprised it hasn't turn its usual November nasty.

Couldn't remember if I had told you about those 160's or not. The weather last week was only nasty on Monday and Tuesday, Wednesday was super nice and Friday wasn't bad either. I'm surprised we haven't been slapped worse with the weather but it's coming I'm afraid. I had most of last week off, I'm headed in today and tomorrow then we'll see how much they have on tap for Wednesday thru Friday. Just running out stuff we can get at right now. We have a couple ponds to dig yet but I think we're going to hold off on them until spring and there's also a huge MSE wall/onramp left to finish that I'm hearing is scheduled for January. Between now and then may be slim for me. Oh well, I'm headed back to the training grounds next week to get some of my required training hours checked off. Always good times out at the grounds. :drinkup:

coopers
01-18-2011, 04:47 AM
Some photos courtesy of WADOT photographers. Been dealing with very warm and wet weather with moderate to heavy flooding and landslides.

coopers
01-18-2011, 04:48 AM
Last one. I'm not working in any of these photos...just thought they'd be enjoyed.

curtisfarmer
01-18-2011, 10:44 AM
Should have gotten out the Stihl power broom to clear that road :laugh:

DirtMerchant
01-18-2011, 09:30 PM
I liked your other cat excavator boom better.

But I'd love to do that kind of work.

ksss
01-18-2011, 11:26 PM
I liked your other cat excavator boom better.

But I'd love to do that kind of work.

Need some POWER TAN on that job!

coopers
01-19-2011, 02:55 AM
Need some POWER TAN on that job!

Ya WADOT has Case loaders but they're all over the map with excavators (except Case).

coopers
04-22-2011, 11:06 AM
Found this guy near my house. Very nice looking machine!

coopers
04-25-2011, 03:06 AM
Took some pics with my camera this time of the LB.

ksss
04-25-2011, 03:20 AM
Wow that is pretty. Looks like it is on its first job after a new paint job. I like the guarding. Very cool.

stuvecorp
04-26-2011, 09:30 PM
Nice. That is definitely shiny. I saw the 'little brother' hoe in the first picture. :)

Dirtman2007
04-26-2011, 09:45 PM
that has to be a repaint? they have not made that model machine in a few years?? or maybe it just sat on the lot for a while?

Scag48
04-26-2011, 10:47 PM
Any idea who's hoe that is? Out in Snohomish or up your way? Good looking machine for sure.

coopers
04-27-2011, 12:42 AM
I'm sure it is a repaint. Nice to see people take the time to keep their machines looking nice. Scag, can't remember the company, it's near my house a little northeast of me. Stuve, yup, baby brother was nearby.
Posted via Mobile Device

minimax
04-27-2011, 10:55 AM
I think that could be Reese exavatings machine? He keeps all his stuff real nice.

minimax

coopers
04-29-2011, 11:22 AM
I think that could be Reese exavatings machine? He keeps all his stuff real nice.

minimax

That sounds right Austin. If it's still around on my weekend I'll go look.

coopers
05-09-2011, 05:56 AM
Minimax, I drove by last night...it was his hoe.