PDA

View Full Version : Is this a issue or what

LawnsRUsInc.
11-13-2008, 06:26 PM
does this website have any issues that you can see i want to go threw it and make some changes but dont want to make it worse.

Be honest!!

http://www.lawnsrus.com

Jarlo
11-13-2008, 08:47 PM
I would add my email address in there somewhere. Some people don't feel comfortable filling out their name, etc, and it could force a lost estimate.

I would also put a copyright at the bottom of your pages.

IA_James
11-14-2008, 04:35 PM
Looks good to me, I might throw in a few more pics here and there of what your work looks like. Nice site!

WebMan
11-14-2008, 04:56 PM
Agreed on the e-mail & copyright for sure; someone should be able to "click to contact" like an e-mail link from as many places as possible...BUT let's look at if your web site "sells" (I presume you didn't make it to just sit there so you could say you had one)

In my magic 8 seconds the average web visitor will give you I got:
Pewaukee, Wisconsin Landscaping Contractor
Lawns R Us
Lawns R Us has established a reputation as one of Wisconsin's premier residential & commercial landscape contractors. We offer a complete range of landscaping services, serving the state of Wisconsin. We are locally owned and operated and we get the job done right the first time.
Lawns R Us has the commitment and the expertise that has guaranteed satisfaction to all of our customers, businesses and individual homeowners alike. Our landscape capabilities range from installing large commercial landscapes to creating small intimate gardens. Attention to detail on projects of any size results in the level of quality you expect. Our work includes a wide range of services. No job is too small or big. We have installed and completed many outstanding projects across the state of Wisconsin.

And I read very fast and didn't look at your big banner which is a kind-of hard-to-read font.
What in the above tells me what pain you will relieve for me? Remember ALL sales are made because the thing being purchased relieves some type "pain" for the buyer. (or provides a pleasure-same thing) What problem you will solve for me? Will you give me more free time? Will you make my lawn look better than the neighbors? Will you make my lawn more enjoyable for my family/my kids/ and/or me?

Those are just a few basics but your first 8 seconds just tells me who you are and that you are locally owned and have good equipment & people. That's all well & good and shows you are probably qualified but... Like most sites you make the common mistake of telling me about you instead of telling me what you can do for me right off the bat--in that all important 8-10 seconds you have to convince me to stay on your web site and keep reading more pages.

A little rewording about what those things you mention about your company does for me will make for a far more effective "selling" web site (one that gets you customers). I can trust you, you are locally owned & operated for years and you will be around to do what you say. Highly trained people and the best equipment means my lawn will be the envy of the neighborhood year-round.

Again a couple of simple examples of re-wording; I'm not trying to give you instructions just ideas and a different way of looking at your site.

The biggest mistake most people with "contractor" type web sites make is telling the visitor all the things YOU think make your company good instead of looking at the site from your "target" customer's point of view and talking to me about what you can do for me (that "target" customer you are going for).
It's difficult I know. I was a contractor for over 23 years and it's easy to talk about what YOU have and YOUR accomplishments; Being in your business is the biggest single hamper to working "on" your business...which is what you are doing with a web site--working "on" your business's marketing/advertising/brand image.

There is a big difference in working "in" your business and working "on" your business and whether it's in marketing/advertising or decisions about how to structure your business looking "in" from the "outside" view is the hardest but best thing you can do. My all time "must read" for small business owners is The E Myth by Michael Gerber. It does the best job of explaining the difference in working "on" your business instead of "in" your business and how vital that whole idea is to your success.

Kiril
11-18-2008, 10:09 AM
1) OMG on the header and footer.
2) Layout needs work
3) code doesn't validate and has no DTD

Isobel
11-23-2008, 07:36 PM
I would have stuck the phone number up top, other than that it looks good.