http://www.ironplanet.com/jsp/s/item/186251?h=4%2F6
They must be a fad.

:)

crab
11-13-2008, 11:40 PM
it is a case,even Ron couldn't add to the value,:laugh:

stuvecorp
11-14-2008, 12:51 AM
Wow, I would have sold a kidney for it. You can never have enough 440's.

coopers
11-14-2008, 04:32 AM
There are some good deals out there....this kubota 121 is an hour and a half north of me. I just am not quite there yet to start purchasing equipment. I would be sitting at their gates waiting to buy this puppy if I were ready. http://www.ironplanet.com/jsp/s/item/187174?h=4%2F6

GradeMan
11-14-2008, 05:03 AM
wonder why they won't export that machine

SellingIron
11-14-2008, 06:38 AM
http://www.ironplanet.com/jsp/s/item/186251?h=4%2F6
They must be a fad.

:)

Yup!! That case for you...Hard to get parts for it over seas....

ccstrebe
11-14-2008, 07:33 AM
Those pictures bring back terrible memories.

bobcat_ron
11-14-2008, 10:35 AM
An heavy/compact equipment now is worthless, it's just Power Tan is even more worthless than anyone else.

Oh, snap!

AWJ Services
11-14-2008, 12:10 PM
An heavy/compact equipment now is worthless, it's just Power Tan is even more worthless than anyone else.

My thread was aimed at a little humor and some good ribbing.

http://www.ironplanet.com/jsp/s/item/186263?h=4%2F6

This Gehl was a steal.

stuvecorp
11-14-2008, 12:35 PM

Oh, snap!

For that comment, karma is going to send you some special flaggers.:laugh:

stuvecorp
11-14-2008, 12:37 PM
[QUOTE=AWJ Services;2602895]My thread was aimed at a little humor and some good ribbing.QUOTE]

:);):rolleyes::confused::nono::dancing::laugh::waving::dizzy:

Junior M
11-14-2008, 01:04 PM

Oh, snap!

So powertan is worth less than bobcat?

treadlite
11-14-2008, 01:43 PM
Is is just me or does anyone else find some of the hour meter readings on iron planet hard to believe (not these machines in particular) I've seen skid steers there with only a few hundred hours on them with the tires/tracks eaten right off of them, interiors beat to ratsh*t, buckets bent, badly rusted, edges and teeth gone...., engine compartments filthy and oily..... I was going to go the iron planet route, but too often the stats don't match the pictures.....

bobcat_ron
11-14-2008, 02:11 PM
Is is just me or does anyone else find some of the hour meter readings on iron planet hard to believe (not these machines in particular) I've seen skid steers there with only a few hundred hours on them with the tires/tracks eaten right off of them, interiors beat to ratsh*t, buckets bent, badly rusted, edges and teeth gone...., engine compartments filthy and oily..... I was going to go the iron planet route, but too often the stats don't match the pictures.....

Some of the ones I've looked at are usually bought by people that need a machine to complete a job at a large housing job and then they dump it after a year.

So powertan is worth less than bobcat?

Usually, Bobcat is still the leader in skid steers so they are still worth a bit more, not much, but more than other names.

For that comment, karma is going to send you some special flaggers.:laugh:

Oh God no, that's it, I am sooo screwed!

ksss
11-14-2008, 06:52 PM
That was a good deal, and I figured that was likely pointed at me. I was going to bid on that machine but never did. Great time to pick up iron if you have the work for it.

AWJ Services
11-14-2008, 06:56 PM
That was a good deal, and I figured that was likely pointed at me. I was going to bid on that machine but never did. Great time to pick up iron if you have the work for it.

:laugh:

How's the weather?

ksss
11-14-2008, 07:53 PM
:laugh:

How's the weather?

Typical Idaho. One day away from being up to our ass in snow, and froze solid.

bobcatuser
11-14-2008, 08:22 PM

I think most of the low hour machines are repossessed or long term ex-rental with problems.

Some of the sites I work at have these types of long term rental machines. One site had a deere skid steer from new, In 350 hours it was greased twice, the quick tach plate was replaced (they only had one side on using forks) they lost the engine covers when water got in the fuel because the fuel drum vent hole was left open in the rain. Tires did not last because of all the rebar and the paint that was remaining was covered in concrete splatter from pouring walls.

stasek
11-14-2008, 08:30 PM

I actually won one of the other Gehls that were sold that day :) I haven't picked it up yet... Hopefully I didn't buy a complete POS.
Now, it's time to buy a truck and trailer that can actually move it safely ;)

AWJ Services
11-14-2008, 08:42 PM
Typical Idaho. One day away from being up to our ass in snow, and froze solid.

Still have good weather here

AWJ Services
11-14-2008, 08:45 PM
I actually won one of the other Gehls that were sold that day I haven't picked it up yet... Hopefully I didn't buy a complete POS.
Now, it's time to buy a truck and trailer that can actually move it safely

Which one?

stasek
11-14-2008, 10:40 PM
Which one?

This one:

http://www.ironplanet.com/jsp/s/item/186269/Multi-Terrain-Loader/Gehl/CTL60/Used/Wisconsin?h=400%2F2%2CNewSearch%2F405%2C2171

It's not one of the 2 you recommended, but the price seemed right and for our use (we're general contractors) the unit should last us for quite a while.

AWJ Services
11-14-2008, 11:38 PM
The machines are 45k new.
You did good.
That machine looked like it handled gravel most of it's life.
I would do a 500 hour service on it and make sure the gear oil in the planetiries is changed.
It was due at 250 hours.
The Loader takes engine oil in the hydraulics.
If you buy any attachments the hoses need to be longer because of where the quick connects are.

stasek
11-14-2008, 11:57 PM
The machines are 45k new.
You did good.
That machine looked like it handled gravel most of it's life.
I would do a 500 hour service on it and make sure the gear oil in the planetiries is changed.
It was due at 250 hours.
The Loader takes engine oil in the hydraulics.
If you buy any attachments the hoses need to be longer because of where the quick connects are.

Thanks for all info! I'm sure I'll have quite a few questions once we start operating this thing :)

Now, if someone could give me a ballpark figure as to what an average empty +/- 11K trailer weighs, that would be great. This will make the truck buying decision much easier.

JDSKIDSTEER
11-15-2008, 06:18 AM
About 2500 to 3000 lbs.

AWJ Services
11-15-2008, 08:55 AM
Most guys here uses a 350/3500( or bigger) style truck and a tag trailer in the14k gvwr range.
The machine with a bucket and fuel will be 10k pounds.
Add the GVWR of Truck and Trailer and stay under 26k.
Thats the GCWR.

JDSKIDSTEER
11-15-2008, 02:07 PM
I sell a lot of 12k trailers with a steel floor for rubber tire and mid frame track loaders.

I am starting to sell more 14k with 16k springs and wood floor to lighten trailer up for large loaders. Even then it is pushing weight limit. It actually cost less than 12 k because steel floor is so expensive now.