PDA

View Full Version : Dying,

ericbl
11-14-2008, 12:14 AM
I installed Jamur Zoysia sod about 6 weeks ago, live in south east Texas (zone 9a) 1 week after laying sod applied gypsum, iron, and medina soil activator, following week applied barricade and nitro phos fall special winterizer at ½ rate, two weeks later applied the fert again at ½ rate. Grass is doing well, went out of town for a week, when I returned I had yellowish gold colored areas in the lawn, temperature had been in the mid 70s during my absence, do you think my grass is going dormant or is it something else.
The yard across the street has a 6 month Zoysia lawn as well no doubt its differently going dormant but it appears to be more of a gradual total color loss instead of patches like mine.
Thanx in advance

ericbl
11-14-2008, 12:16 AM
Sorry having trouble uploading photos

Hoots
11-14-2008, 06:23 PM
ask this in the pesticide forum. could be brown patch

ericbl
11-14-2008, 06:59 PM
Thanks Hoots will do

ICT Bill
11-14-2008, 10:11 PM
gypsum, iron, and medina soil activator, following week applied barricade and nitro phos fall special winterizer at ½ rate, two weeks later applied the fert again at ½ rate

Too much of a good thing is too much, you overwhelmed the already stressed sod, you can water your way out this in the short term, ask them to keep it wet for two weeks.

think about it

ericbl
11-15-2008, 07:53 AM
Thanks Bill, we have had quite a bit of rain this week (2-3 inches) hopefully it helps. the reason i thought it may have been burnt is becuase of the sporadic areas.

RAlmaroad
11-19-2008, 09:59 AM
The barricade is probably the most aggressive culprit here. Most sod does well to just leave it alone and water it because the sod farm has taken care of most problems already. The poor stuff was already stressed when its roots were cut. Water to leach out the toxins and maybe just maybe it will recover.

ericbl
11-20-2008, 09:36 PM
RAlmaroad,

It is only about a dozen small spots on about 10,000 sq.ft. of sod, if it is a toxic issue it only effected a small percentage, perhaps this area was stressed more than the rest of the lawn, the areas have not grown in size, i know that it will not reheal itself during my winter months, but hopefully during the spring,

thanks