PDA

View Full Version : Current Project Pictures

jefftb
11-14-2008, 05:10 PM
Feeling left out with all of the pictures being posted. Here's some from one of our current projects, its posted/hosted on Flickr. Project is installing an alternative sewer system for a large development project. Its got treatment and dripfield.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/bucs/sets/72157609077813547/detail/

raschmid07
11-14-2008, 05:32 PM
Whereabouts is that project? I'm assuming somewhere in East Tennessee.

coopers
11-14-2008, 06:01 PM
Very nice Jefftb!

RockSet N' Grade
11-14-2008, 09:39 PM
Jefftb........I went and looked at all the pics. That job looks like it went very smooth. Nice material to be working in can make all the difference between an awesome time and a real bummer. Share some more.

bobcat_ron
11-14-2008, 09:54 PM
That is some damn fine hole digging!

Dirt Digger2
11-15-2008, 03:07 AM
wow i am impressed with all the stepping..did you do it yourself?

my only question is, what is the water table in that area? Those plastic tanks have a tendency to float if the water table rises any...especially if it is backfilled with a clean stone and not compacted fill...nice job regardless...

Gravel Rat
11-15-2008, 03:23 AM
That ground looks like its hard pan it sure holds its shape sure makes digging tank holes nice and easy.

Those atomic bombs are very expensive the largest tank has to be 10-15 grand :dizzy:

How big of subdivision is this ?

Can you imagine the stink when a fleet of honey wagons come and suck the brown gold from that tank :laugh:

jefftb
11-15-2008, 08:34 AM
wow i am impressed with all the stepping..did you do it yourself?

my only question is, what is the water table in that area? Those plastic tanks have a tendency to float if the water table rises any...especially if it is backfilled with a clean stone and not compacted fill...nice job regardless...

Water table to the left of the site is a swamp. Correct on the buoyancy factor of these tanks-I've got more pics and several of those are of the concrete anchor systems with tank straps. The tanks are tied down to over 9 yards of concrete and rebar.

jefftb
11-15-2008, 08:35 AM
That ground looks like its hard pan it sure holds its shape sure makes digging tank holes nice and easy.

Those atomic bombs are very expensive the largest tank has to be 10-15 grand :dizzy:

How big of subdivision is this ?

Can you imagine the stink when a fleet of honey wagons come and suck the brown gold from that tank :laugh:

The ultimate subdivision density will be 80+ homes. You are quite low on your estimate for the tank cost......;)

The large tank will hold nearly clean water (treated process effluent, 90-95% contaminants removed) while each of the home sites will have the actual septic tank.

The soils were nice indeed on this one. We install a lot of these type systems and these were the best soils yet. I've got one coming up where they are nearly all sand like with a high water table-the ground just falls in as you dig. That one will be tough-trench boxes that size are available but the weight and cost are ridiculous.

This summer we did an install that had (2) 40,000 gallon tanks (end to end) and a 10,000 gallon tank. We did the (2) 40,000 gallons tank in common pit with the other 10,000 gallon a separate dig. The 40K tanks pit was 13' wide and 145' long. Site was tight too. We needed a crane to pick and set the large tanks....

RockSet N' Grade
11-15-2008, 10:01 AM
Jeff.........shoot, here I thought you were setting in underground survival bunkers! Maybe if the home development doesn't go through, the builder could put one of those on each lot, hang a light in it with a ladder for access......and bingo! a survival type subdivision!

Construct'O
11-15-2008, 11:05 AM
Jeff.........shoot, here I thought you were setting in underground survival bunkers! Maybe if the home development doesn't go through, the builder could put one of those on each lot, hang a light in it with a ladder for access......and bingo! a survival type subdivision!

Rock! Evidently you have to much time on your hands:laugh:

Bring your machine back here with the VTS i have some backfilling i want you to do! No rocks!:usflag:

YellowDogSVC
11-15-2008, 11:54 AM
looks like you are setting a suppository or a frozen earth worm!

Very cool pics.