PDA

View Full Version : Whats your favorite conditions to operate in?

Junior M
11-15-2008, 09:32 PM
The title basically describes it all, just tell your favorite condition running equipment, like weather, piece of equipment, what task, stuff like that..

My favorite condition has to be on the skidsteer with the grapple bailing brush out of the woods, on a cold feburary day running as fast as I can but keeping quality up with my mp3 playing, I dont know why but I really like doing that, I love working as fast as I can and still keeping my quality up, its like my personal challenge.

CAT powered
11-15-2008, 09:51 PM
All time favorite would be out raking hay on a nice warm summer day with a slight breeze on an old letter series Deere or Farmall.

For construction equipment I'd have to say grinding wood when the machine is working right. Watching machines like that work just fascinates me. Just the brute power of the grinder ripping through whatever you put into it.

Either that or setting galleries or storm drains with a big excavator. I just think it's so cool that you have so much power, yet you can move things with such precision.

P.Services
11-15-2008, 09:52 PM
My favorite bailing brush out of the woods, on a cold feburary day running as fast as I can but keeping quality up with my mp3 playing, I dont know why but I really like doing that, I love working as fast as I can and still keeping my quality up, its like my personal challenge.

oh wow junior dont you just sound like a little poet. "on a cold febuarary day" haaaaaaa.

:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

bobcatuser
11-15-2008, 09:55 PM
My favorite is, going plowing with my 2500HD for the first snow fall of the season.:clapping:

Junior M
11-15-2008, 09:58 PM
oh wow junior dont you just sound like a little poet. "on a cold febuarary day" haaaaaaa.

:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:
Your just jealous you aint got my skills picasso! :laugh: :laugh:

CAT powered
11-15-2008, 09:59 PM
How cold could it possibly be in South Carolina? 40? 50?

Junior M
11-15-2008, 10:04 PM
How cold could it possibly be in South Carolina? 40? 50?
It has been down to 17 before. People here have no clue what real cold is here, they need to go up north for a week...

CAT powered
11-15-2008, 10:07 PM
I see we're thinking along the same lines.

Real cold is when it's 35 degrees and raining.

Junior M
11-15-2008, 10:12 PM
Real cold is 12 with the wind blowing in your face, that is just freaking ridiculously cold!

ksss
11-15-2008, 10:14 PM
The title basically describes it all, just tell your favorite condition running equipment, like weather, piece of equipment, what task, stuff like that..

My favorite condition has to be on the skidsteer with the grapple bailing brush out of the woods, on a cold feburary day running as fast as I can but keeping quality up with my mp3 playing, I dont know why but I really like doing that, I love working as fast as I can and still keeping my quality up, its like my personal challenge.

Junior if your feeling real froggy come out West this Winter and we will see if we cant rustle up some -30 to -40 below lot clearing.

Junior M
11-15-2008, 10:17 PM
I dont think I will be on our rented T190 doing it though! Forget that, no cab and -30 below, that just isnt a good mixture. Pay for my plain ticket and I'll be there. Just dont interfere with my hunting. :laugh:

SuperDuty335
11-15-2008, 10:18 PM
For some reason the doors to my truck won't open once it gets below 30 degrees...

ksss
11-15-2008, 10:25 PM
I dont think I will be on our rented T190 doing it though! Forget that, no cab and -30 below, that just isnt a good mixture. Pay for my plain ticket and I'll be there. Just dont interfere with my hunting. :laugh:

Do I have to pay for your moms ticket as well? or can you fly by yourself now? :laugh:

Try hunting out here. You wont find those Coyote size deer here.

I'll let you use a cab equipped Power Tan machine. Those white machines don't like altitude.

Junior M
11-15-2008, 10:28 PM
No, I can fly by myself, now where is that smiley face that gives the finger??? :laugh:

I wasnt talking about interfereing with my SC hunting time, I could give a crap less about that, I am talking about real hunting in Ohio.. I guess I'll have to settle for power crap, i mean tan. I just dont want photographic proof of me on one! :laugh:

Lazer_Z
11-15-2008, 10:37 PM
No, I can fly by myself, now where is that smiley face that gives the finger??? :laugh:

I wasnt talking about interfereing with my SC hunting time, I could give a crap less about that, I am talking about real hunting in Ohio.. I guess I'll have to settle for power crap, i mean tan. I just dont want photographic proof of me on one! :laugh: You mean like this Junior? http://emoticons4u.com/fingers/fing26.gif power crap (tan). :laugh:

ksss
11-15-2008, 10:42 PM
You mean like this Junior? http://emoticons4u.com/fingers/fing26.gif power crap (tan). :laugh:

Thanks Lazer,

I owe you one.:nono:

jefftb
11-15-2008, 10:43 PM
Those lovely days in July when its below 93 and 98% humidity, ohh and in August, and September, and wait, October now too.

D**n global warming.....

Give me a day in early November when its got a slight breeze, highs in the upper 40's to low 50's and that crystal clear azure blue sky with the leaves at peak in the background.

Junior M
11-15-2008, 10:44 PM
Sorry, Double post, Mods can you delete this?

Junior M
11-15-2008, 10:47 PM
You mean like this Junior? http://emoticons4u.com/fingers/fing26.gif power crap (tan). :laugh:

Thanks Lazer,

I owe you one.:nono:

:laugh: :laugh: :clapping::clapping: thanks Lazer!

ksss
11-15-2008, 10:53 PM
Those lovely days in July when its below 93 and 98% humidity, ohh and in August, and September, and wait, October now too.

D**n global warming.....

Give me a day in early November when its got a slight breeze, highs in the upper 40's to low 50's and that crystal clear azure blue sky with the leaves at peak in the background.

Asure blue sky? Have you been reading your mom's Reader Digest again? You must have a Lit. class your studying for and grabbed a paragraph from Robert Frost. :waving:

Dirtman2007
11-15-2008, 11:09 PM
My perfect setting is working out in the middle of a pond 3' deep in liquid muck just slashing around in the volvo 210. No freaken people comming up to worry the hell out of me with unwanted information. That would be my pefect day lol

P.Services
11-15-2008, 11:10 PM
dirtman dont you do that everyday??

RockSet N' Grade
11-15-2008, 11:14 PM
Perfect day for me happens only once in awhile. It's when you get in the "zone" and can just do your thing and everything flows.........usually right when you are in the middle of it, some happyhomeowner comes and asks "when are you going to be done?" and spoils the moment. Any time I can work and it goes smooth, that is as close to perfect conditions as it gets no matter what the condition of the terrain is.

Junior M
11-15-2008, 11:17 PM
Perfect day for me happens only once in awhile. It's when you get in the "zone" and can just do your thing and everything flows.........usually right when you are in the middle of it, some happyhomeowner comes and asks "when are you going to be done?" and spoils the moment. Any time I can work and it goes smooth, that is as close to perfect conditions as it gets no matter what the condition of the terrain is.
Thats my other favorite, what really screws it up is when the homeowner wants you to stop work and leave because they wont be their...

bobcat_ron
11-15-2008, 11:20 PM
My perfect conditions are on a busy road slinging stinky mud out of a ditch with 2 cute flagger girls on either side of the construction safety zone and 3 joy sticks in the cab in front of me.

Oh and being in a sand box with my Cat.

P.Services
11-15-2008, 11:23 PM
ron your running two joysticks while the flag girl runs the third right?

Dirtman2007
11-15-2008, 11:24 PM
dirtman dont you do that everyday??

I wish, The other days I get paid to babysit people who are suppose to be able to do what I can without adult supervision. I can get more done by myself than I can with two other helpers in one day. It's a proven fact, thats why most of the work I do is a man and a machine.

Construct'O
11-15-2008, 11:24 PM
Sorry, Double post, Mods can you delete this?

Okay Ronald !O'sorry there Junior.What are you doing trying to do run your post count up again*trucewhiteflag*.You and Ron having a competition again:):usflag:

Junior M
11-15-2008, 11:26 PM
Okay Ronald !O'sorry there Junior.What are you doing trying to do run your post count up again*trucewhiteflag*.You and Ron having a competition again:):usflag:
I figured since you were running your post count up in your "Went Deere?" thread I would do it in mine! :laugh:

jefftb
11-15-2008, 11:36 PM
Asure blue sky? Have you been reading your mom's Reader Digest again? You must have a Lit. class your studying for and grabbed a paragraph from Robert Frost. :waving:

Ahhh, don't be like that Kaiser. I like power tan, would you like me to wax poetic about it?

Reader's digest?!?! Aw sh*t, I mean sheesh.

Besides, you referenced Robert Frost, Literature must have been somewhere in your past.....:clapping:

Construct'O
11-15-2008, 11:37 PM
You win!!!!!!! 1428 to 804 :cry::usflag:

Junior M
11-15-2008, 11:42 PM
Ahhh, don't be like that Kaiser. I like power tan, would you like me to wax poetic about it?

Besides, you referenced Robert Frost, Literature must have been somewhere in your past.....:clapping:
Dont worry about KSSS, when he forgets to take his med's he starts to realize that power crap, I mean tan, (darnit I keep doing that) really isnt all that great.. :laugh:

ksss
11-15-2008, 11:56 PM

Ahhh. I *ucked up. I gave Jr. credit for this post. Which is really funny since I was trying to figure out how this kid who takes the short bus every morning and runs a BC could come up with words like that and then correctly put them in a sentence. It looked to be much above Jr.'s level and as it turned out, it was.

Just for the record, I did take several Lit. class in College, but you have witnessed the extent of what I remember.

Sorry for the confusion. I guess I need to retire for the evening.

Junior M
11-15-2008, 11:59 PM
Ahhh. I *ucked up. I gave Jr. credit for this post. Which is really funny since I was trying to figure out how this kid who takes the short bus every morning and runs a BC could come up with words like that and then correctly put them in a sentence. It looked to be much above Jr.'s level and as it turned out, it was.

Just for the record, I did take several Lit. class in College, but you have witnessed the extent of what I remember.

Sorry for the confusion. I guess I need to retire for the evening.
Oh, just freaking hilarious KSSS! I didnt know you had that many words in your vocabulary! Btw did you ever get that helmet off? I know you called me asking for me to help you get your crash helmet off. :laugh:

talus
11-16-2008, 01:08 AM
Hmmm. I like a nice spring day. Late April to be exact. Bright and sunny in the A.M. Digging utility lines at the local college. Around 10:30 the girls start floating around in skimpy outfits. MMMMM. Fall is nice also. Early October on a damp day say 48 in the A.M. The smell of diesel, woodstoves and freshly overturned dirt lingers around. A fat lunch and a little hottie in Patagonia givin you a smile as she walks by.......I got to go. Spank spank spank.

RockSet N' Grade
11-16-2008, 09:29 AM
All I can think of is Ron's response.......where the heck do you find a cute flag girl? And more rare than that, two on the same job within eyesight? Female flaggers around these parts fly brooms to work........

bobcat_ron
11-16-2008, 09:34 AM
ron your running two joysticks while the flag girl runs the third right?

Only if it's a chilly day and she has enough "experience" running a real joystick.

All I can think of is Ron's response.......where the heck do you find a cute flag girl? And more rare than that, two on the same job within eyesight? Female flaggers around these parts fly brooms to work........

I've been very lucky in the past to get 2 cutie's, you actually need to request the girl in particular (knowing her name helps) but then I get the real C.U.T.I girls, the Chronic Urinary Tract Infection girls. I steer clear of them. :laugh:

Lazer_Z
11-16-2008, 09:35 AM
Thanks Lazer,

I owe you one.:nono:Hey, Our young friend asked where that smiley that gives the finger was and well I just happen to stumble across it. Does that mean that I'm totally against anything Case maybe a little, come on Kaiser laugh a little, or is that against the power tan rules :laugh: .

Junior M
11-16-2008, 10:29 AM
Hey, Our young friend asked where that smiley that gives the finger was and well I just happen to stumble across it. Does that mean that I'm totally against anything Case maybe a little, come on Kaiser laugh a little, or is that against the power tan rules :laugh: .
Sadly it is, thats one of the disadvantages of power crap, you lose all sense of humor and you begin to think that all that matters on skid's is horsepower and torque, so that they can "breath deep" whatever that is suppose to mean. :laugh:

ksss
11-16-2008, 10:40 AM
Sadly it is, thats one of the disadvantages of power crap, you lose all sense of humor and you begin to think that all that matters on skid's is horsepower and torque, so that they can "breath deep" whatever that is suppose to mean. :laugh:

I got a laugh out of it. I wish that fingers up smilies were one of our options here. I could get a lot of use out of it.

RockSet N' Grade
11-16-2008, 11:24 AM
Junior, when you flatlanders decide to come to a land that has a higher elevation than a pimple, you will understand what breath deep means. When you are in higher altitudes it is a real consideration, not only in heavy equipment but in air powered tools too! For instance framers using a Paslode air nailer down here in the bottoms go up to Park City or Deere Valley and try using the same tool - it will only shoot the nail in half way....That is just an aside, but what the heck its Sunday -

bobcat_ron
11-16-2008, 11:37 AM

Junior's growing into a sense of humour now. http://smileys.on-my-web.com/repository/Laughing/laughing-019.gif

ksss
11-16-2008, 11:54 AM
Junior's growing into a sense of humour now. http://smileys.on-my-web.com/repository/Laughing/laughing-019.gif

I noticed that as well. I think we have created a monster.:dizzy::laugh:

AWJ Services
11-16-2008, 02:36 PM
Junior's growing into a sense of humour now.

He is sure less sensitive.:)

Junior M
11-16-2008, 05:18 PM
I got a laugh out of it. I wish that fingers up smilies were one of our options here. I could get a lot of use out of it.
We need all the smiley face things that HEF has, I still dont like that place, its to slow, this place always has people in it, you could go a week without looking at HEF and you could be back up to speed with everything in a matter of minutes, just not alot going on over there.

Junior M
11-16-2008, 05:20 PM
Nah, KSSS just gives me alot to work with and I just decide to take advantage of it :laugh:

ksss
11-16-2008, 06:21 PM
Nah, KSSS just gives me alot to work with and I just decide to take advantage of it :laugh:

Well I'am glad I could help.