PDA

View Full Version : Remove the acorns from the lawn?

niceautumn
11-16-2008, 09:32 PM
Hello,

I am new at the lawn maintenance. I bought a house recently, and there is a big oak tree in the yard. Many acorns fall on the lawn. I tried to use the blower/vacuum to remove the acorns from the lawn. However the vacuum breaks the acorns and makes too much dust (out of vacuum bag). Meantime, it will take too long time to remove the acorns from the lawn if do it by the blower/vacuum. I am living in north of Florida. My question is "what is the best way to remove the acorns from the lawn?"

Thank you,

Marcos
11-16-2008, 09:56 PM
Squirrels usually like to take care of this..."problem"...if they're around, by burying them in and around your (and your nearby neighbors') lawns and landscapes.

Of course, this usually results in having 'baby oak trees' pop up here and there, often in peculiar locales not worthy of the future massiveness of an oak tree.

That's what hand troughs and small black plastic nursery containers and/or terra cotta pots were made for, nice autumn.
For people like you to help spread the joy of "arbordom" among your friends and neighbors, by eventually passing along the offspring of the oak tree in your yard to them!

Now...if we could just figure out a way to train the squirrels to plant the acorns into the containers! :laugh::laugh:

Tyler7692
11-17-2008, 12:21 AM
Marcos, Amen!