PDA

View Full Version : Anyone make a pizza oven????

capelawncare.com
11-16-2008, 10:06 PM
I am contemplating making a pizza oven. Has anyone done one that is not from a kit??

Any advice would be helpfull.

PaperCutter
11-17-2008, 08:16 AM
I'm building one in my backyard this winter. What are you planning on doing for construction- brick, clay, or something else?

capelawncare.com
11-17-2008, 02:02 PM
Block, Brick and stucco on the exterior, with an all brick oven.

Groomer
11-17-2008, 09:07 PM
no, but I'm making a pizza. (frozen).

PaperCutter
11-17-2008, 09:22 PM
Lot of masonry involved with the brick. I'm doing an earth oven, although if you don't have access to a lot of clay soil it's probably not as viable an option for you. WAY cheaper than brick, though, and the oven itself goes up in a day.

capelawncare.com
11-18-2008, 09:10 AM
Yea it looks fairly complicated to do without a kit. I have been reading a book and doing research online. I have a pretty good grasp on what needs to be done, and how to do it.

A friend of mine has one he made, so he can offer some advice too.

When I get started I will post pics.

njtuna
11-18-2008, 04:08 PM
brick oven is in the plans for us this coming spring. plan to build from scratch with a free set of plans from fornobravo.com. good luck!

capelawncare.com
11-20-2008, 08:53 PM
brick oven is in the plans for us this coming spring. plan to build from scratch with a free set of plans from fornobravo.com. good luck!

I have been reading a couple of books from Alan Scott. And doing some reasearch online. My Buddy had us over to celebrate the completion of his outdoor kitchen, and the pizza's were awesome. So was the bread.

Once I figure out the best layout, I plan to get started on our new outdoor kitchen. I wanna do a fireplace, brick oven, gas grill, and maybe move my kegerator out there.

IA_James
11-20-2008, 08:55 PM
Party at Cape's house! Sounds nice!

capelawncare.com
11-24-2008, 01:00 PM
Party at Cape's house! Sounds nice!

Our house is party central....