PDA

View Full Version : My new site..Any comment?

PiasaClipper
02-17-2002, 03:56 AM
Hello everyone, What you think of this site?http://piasaclipper.com Any comment? It not finish. but will finish sometime this week. I am webdesigner myself. But Make sure about this site show you clear and no script error?

--PiasaClipper
http://piasaclipper.com/image/head1.gif

Eric ELM
02-17-2002, 10:03 AM
I have a comment for you. Since you are a web designer, you must know that it's not right to take pictures from someone elses web site. Your pictures are the same as the ones on my friends web site. http://www.finelineslawn.com/inaction.htm

Can you explain that?

Chuck Sinclair
02-17-2002, 11:40 AM
Seems to me a WEBDISGNER would know better then stealing someone elses pictures.

parkwest
02-17-2002, 12:33 PM
That's sad.

You think he would have at least mirror-imaged them first before using them for examples of his work.

gogetter
02-17-2002, 04:59 PM
You've GOT to be kidding??!!
You STEAL photos from a fellow LS member, then you have the BALLS to ask us what we think of your new website???!

Unbelievable!

Fine Lines Lawn
02-17-2002, 05:43 PM
The site is great.
THOSE LAWNS LOOK FABULOUS

KirbysLawn
02-17-2002, 06:52 PM
You got to be kidding! I checked the code on his site, he copied the photos, didn't even bother to change the names of them, they have the same name as Bill's site.

Yes, you do a GREAT JOB, LOVE your work..:rolleyes: It really looks FINE....LOL...no pun intended. Could you provide addresses on the locations of the jobs you show on your site? Good grief...

sid
02-17-2002, 07:05 PM
Pictures aside. That vacation cutting deal looks risky. People call you up tell you when they are going on vacation. You could be setting yourself up for trouble. Also I would think it would be very difficult to fit these "vacation cuts" into your schedule. How does this work for you? Not a service I would even consider offering.

AltaLawnCare
02-17-2002, 07:20 PM
Originally posted by Fine Lines Lawn
The site is great.
THOSE LAWNS LOOK FABULOUS

LOL Thats a good one...:D

Administrator
02-17-2002, 07:46 PM
I <i>thought</i> I had seen it all! :dizzy:

Im :blush: 'ing for PiasaClipper

plow kid
02-17-2002, 07:58 PM
Originally posted by KirbysLawn
You got to be kidding! I checked the code on his site

he made the script non right click-able, but there are ways around that like right click, position your mouse cursor above the ok button then hit left right real quick and it will let you go back or view source code.http://members.aol.com/ncls484/smilies/neener.gif

~NaTe

KirbysLawn
02-19-2002, 01:27 PM
Not sure if you were giving me instructions or not? To view the code simply click "View" on IE and then click "Source", I tried your method and it didn't work.

Stonehenge
02-20-2002, 01:31 PM
He must've pulled the pics - I can't find them anywhere.
At least he didn't just link to the pics, eh? Then Bill would be paying for the bandwidth of pics loaded by this guy.

Chuck Sinclair
02-20-2002, 01:57 PM
Maybe there is a brain in his head he pulled the pictures.

NewOrleans
02-20-2002, 03:43 PM
Too Funny!!
Nice site, but you need some pics!

pguk
03-09-2002, 09:37 AM
Good start to your site. I have a few suggestions that may be useful regarding search engines ....

i). Remove that java code ... its unneccessary and the search engine spiders may 'fall over' it and not index the content on your site at all. It doesnt really matter if someone 'right clicks' your page.

ii). Incorporate the splash page into your main page because there is virtually no 'content' on the splash page. (I love the oval photo though). Splash pages are 'out' :-)

iii). Find out about 'meta data' and add some to your site. Pay great attention to the 'Title' and 'Description' as this is important for search engines. A good idea is to get some keywords in them both. ("Lawn care maintainence by Piasa Clipper" is a suggestion for the title and then a cut down version of the text on your welcome.html page for the 'Description'). There is also a meta tag for 'keywords'. Dont spam this data just use the important words that appear on youre first page.

iv). Dont submit the site to the search engines before its finished. No broken links and no under construction stuff.

v). One excellent point is the page size ... real small so try to keep it that way with not too many big graphics. (If surfers are waiting 5 secs for a page to load you can start to lose about 10% per second who go elsewhere after that point).

vii). Content is king. Build another page a week!

Hope this is of some use and that it is taken as good encouragement cos thats how its meant :-)

Patrick.

(PS. Ditch the counter at the bottom too :-))

stslawncare
03-09-2002, 01:45 PM
patrick why help this thief?

pguk
03-09-2002, 03:44 PM
... umm, I will have to think about that one, but I hope someone gets a useful bit of info that they can use from my reply. I have been paying a lot of attention to getting quality visitors to see a friends turf web site so just wanted to share :-) Maybe in another thread though.

bigkat
03-20-2002, 06:18 PM
You also stole the mission statement from archer

randosh4
03-20-2002, 09:01 PM
once a THIEF always a THIEF

mdb landscaping
03-25-2002, 07:56 AM
I wonder why he hasnt responded yet? :D

heygrassman
03-25-2002, 07:53 PM
Think he is mad at us for being so critical??:rolleyes: