PDA

View Full Version : again web site

PestPro
11-17-2008, 08:02 AM
OK...I got out of my att contact :hammerhead::laugh::clapping:, so again I am working on my own. And I would like your honest opinion of my web site. www.pestproservices.net

WebMan
11-17-2008, 11:59 AM
I could go on for days but I'll leave it with "What exactly is the point of the home page? It's laid out strange and I can't tell what goods/services you are offering "at first glance".... It's actually hard to tell what you do.
Needs a complete "make-over".
Second the page loaded slowly and I have VERY fast Internet so (1) you have a bad host that is slow; or (2) more likely--that huge button bar is so inefficent it's taking forever to load--
and on that bar---"young adults" puzzled me, so I clicked it and it's for kids--I suggest you say so. Young adults sounds like 18-24 yrs. and that's not the age that page is geared for.

And as always (the broken record here) what's the "message" on your home page that tells me who you are, what you do, and why you are so doggone great at it I should keep reading on this site; in 8-10 seconds maximum. "The" thing every home page must have. EVERY home page must have.

PestPro
11-17-2008, 01:21 PM
I would think the first hint of what I do would be the heading PEST PRO SERVICES, BUG, INSECTS, and looking down on the same page it list a wide range of pest that i control. (IPM) everyone has heard of that.

I know I need to do something so it loads faster maybe do away with the LINK buttons and make them plain.

I could go on for days but I'll leave it with "What exactly is the point of the home page? It's laid out strange and I can't tell what goods/services you are offering "at first glance".... It's actually hard to tell what you do.
Needs a complete "make-over".
Second the page loaded slowly and I have VERY fast Internet so (1) you have a bad host that is slow; or (2) more likely--that huge button bar is so inefficent it's taking forever to load--
and on that bar---"young adults" puzzled me, so I clicked it and it's for kids--I suggest you say so. Young adults sounds like 18-24 yrs. and that's not the age that page is geared for.

And as always (the broken record here) what's the "message" on your home page that tells me who you are, what you do, and why you are so doggone great at it I should keep reading on this site; in 8-10 seconds maximum. "The" thing every home page must have. EVERY home page must have.

WebMan
11-17-2008, 02:01 PM
Just a note; my "browser of choice" is Opera. I went back and looked at your site again and in Opera I got the National Pest association logo all over the top of your header...this was REAL "weird" so I looked and you have 2 "heads" in your page code...a BIG no-no! 2 sets of titles, descriptions, keywords, everything. A total "bot killer" for the search engines.
It's there in Internet Explorer too although it displays correctly.
There is also a weird "tag" : <meta name="verify-v1" content="958ilht0Ffa88CuLPNlANMc=" />
Have no idea what that is or if the bots would either.

As far as the comments on your "text" your banner says "Pest Pro Services" and a strange mix of fonts, bold & plain letters etc., all of which are just very distracting on that "faded-flag" type background...it's like my eyes don't know what I'm supposed to be looking at (and the chemical should be plural)
The list of pests is way on down the page in the middle... I would bet you have a smaller monitor, maybe a 17" at the most and it probably looks totally different to you.
Try looking at it on a 20-22" and a wide-screen and you'll see what I mean. It's like there is just a bunch of "stuff" everywhere and at a glance (which is all you get) I can't figure out what to read. The stuff around your address & all in the banner is too spread out and disjointed to take it in all at once (and your address and license number can go at the bottom, that's a waste of your best "real estate" because it doesn't "sell" anything. It's just "information" and can go at the bottom portion of the page.

I just got the idea half way through writing this that I bet it looks different on your computer so you don't understand some of what I am saying... so look on some different monitors and browsers and get rid of that second "head" section for sure in the code (everything between<head> and </head> the second time you see those to pieces of code.

Kiril
11-18-2008, 10:38 AM
1) design & layout needs ALOT of work
2) Image links are broken if JS is not enable ....... WHY?
3) menu system should be replaced

Isobel
11-23-2008, 08:42 PM
my first thought is that the home page has too much going on, meaning there's not a unifying cohesive theme.
Some ways to fix that, is use one or two fonts and colours. Also group the information you are conveying--put skills in one area, contact info in another, certification in another, etc.