PDA

View Full Version : Quickbooks For me?

JMiller08
11-17-2008, 04:57 PM
I am a solo operation starting out legal this spring. Did some odd jobs this year and had i full time mowing client. I am hopeing to get around 30 clients this spring. I am wondering if quickbooks will help me out or will i still need an accountant? I am pretty computer savvy but have no experiance with book keeping or taxes. Does it help out that much to where i wont need an accountant? Also is there any other software that is better or can help in addition to the quickbooks? Thanks guys.

Doug1966
11-17-2008, 05:54 PM
You should still get an accountant.

But you won't need a bookkeeper. And you'll be paying your accountant a whole lot less because you'll be handing them completed balance sheets and P&Ls........so less work for them = more savings for you.

A good accountant will SAVE YOU more than their fee.

Doug1966
11-17-2008, 05:55 PM
Oh, yes. You should for sure get QuickBooks. But just start off with the Simple Start version. It's free!

JFGLN
11-17-2008, 10:11 PM
I saw Quickbooks pro yesterday for $99. Buy it now, its easy to set up while your just starting out. You could hire a bookkeeper to help you set it up right.

Kennedy Landscaping
11-19-2008, 11:47 AM
Oh, yes. You should for sure get QuickBooks. But just start off with the Simple Start version. It's free!

Ditto, I don't use an accountant, I just let all the receipts and invoices pile up until Sunday and then I get on and enter them into quick books. It is a very good and well designed program. I too have the simple start free version and it does everything I would need it to. Love it!

PROCUT1
11-19-2008, 11:51 AM
You should still get an accountant.

But you won't need a bookkeeper. And you'll be paying your accountant a whole lot less because you'll be handing them completed balance sheets and P&Ls........so less work for them = more savings for you.

A good accountant will SAVE YOU more than their fee.

Exactly.

The NUMBER 1 THING you NEED TO DO.

Have your accountant help you set up quickbooks. He/she will show you exactly what you need to do.

In turn you will be able to keep records accuarate and use the accountant only when necessary.

Quickbooks is a program that you have to use almost 100% of it for it to serve its true purpose.

kootoomootoo
02-13-2009, 07:02 PM
m...........................