PDA

View Full Version : Garden Light Inc. - What is the deal?

INTEGRA Bespoke Lighting
11-17-2008, 10:23 PM
Have any of you dealt with Garden Light Inc out of Tampa Fla?

I just received an email from them soliciting my biz... I have never heard of them before (although I did check and found them on the Manufacturer's Compendium)

I have no doubt the product is Chinese made... it has to be at those prices!

Are these guys doing anything good for the industry or are they just another 'agent' for foreign made stuff that will not stand the test of time?

irrig8r
11-18-2008, 12:58 AM
I got that email on Saturday. Not impressed.

S&MLL
11-18-2008, 01:10 AM
same email.

most of taken lawnsites mail list

or lowvolt
or contractor talk

or somewhere

INTEGRA Bespoke Lighting
11-18-2008, 10:06 AM
I just received an email from the guy at this company. None of the fixtures they sell carry any electrical approvals. No cETL, No ETL, No ULc, No UL, and No CSA!

Buyer beware!

Dreams To Designs
11-18-2008, 11:09 AM
James, they contacted me a year ago and sent a sample fixture. I was not impressed. As you say, nothing more than cheap aluminum rebox. I have received a couple of followup emails from a salesman, but he never returns my responses.

Kirk

irrig8r
11-19-2008, 11:17 AM
I remembered today why they sounded familiar...

http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=222120

NightScenes
11-19-2008, 02:38 PM
I have actually seen several folks using that "stuff" around here. We just rip it out and replace it.

TXNSLighting
11-20-2008, 10:21 PM
I installed some of their fixtures in the past and they are still going today. Theyre like every manu. Not all of their stuff is good, but they do have good stuff. I use their Well lights and transformers. Ive used their bullets when need be. But thats just my opinion. I still use mostly all unique. Cant beat the brass! and im sure some of you guys are going to hate me for this to. O well.

NightScenes
11-22-2008, 02:45 PM
In all fairness (and I do try to be fair) I must stipulate that the Garden Light products that I have encountered here have been installed improperly and therefore needed to be replaced. We all know that the products that we use are only as good as how they are installed.

I think I will forgo further comment on this product until I have a chance to actually put some it through the paces myself.