PDA

View Full Version : found my stolen stuff, cops wont do anything

SILVERSTREAK INC
11-17-2008, 11:41 PM
i keep my stuff at a yard, not totally fenced in or anything

i send someone i know over to check out a truck i had for sale, say his name is mike and mike brings over his boss, say frank, who is a "mechanic" for a 2nd opinion on the truck

mike calls me, asks me a million questions about blowers, weedwacker, my loaders & bulldozer asking if theyre for sale and that his boss, frank is interested, to which i say if the offer is right ill think about it, he goes and gives me a crazy reply saying my 580E backhoe is worth 2500 to him, being polite i say no, just the truck if for sale right now.

the following monday i notice my srm 260 weedwackers (4 of them), pb650 backpack blowers (3 of them) & little wonder 8hp push blower (999 frickin dollars for the little wonder) along with tool sets, a stereo unit is missing out of a truck, nite saber lights broken off one truck and stolen off another and an e60 with a broken sump base causesomeone tried to pry off the truck (iit had a lock on it whicbh they tried to cut)

on a whim i use the power of the internet to figure out where this fellow, frank, lives, drive to his house, no ones home, theres my weedwackers and blowers outside his garage , i first call mike, asking if he knows anything about my blowers or weedwackers and where they might be to which he says no...no i have no idea what youre talking about (mike works in this garage every day and is blatently lying to me on the phone) so i hang up...and listening to the advice of my friend who is a parole officer (i wanted to take my stuff back right then and there, and seems like i should have) i call the cops, who say they will follow me to the guys place and get my stuff back

well the guy comes home (meanwhile me and 3 police officers are there) and frank says some fellow on the property says it was ok to take things, and based on what this unknown person said the police say they cannot put frank in jail or demand him to give my stuff back since someone gave permission

they tell me i need to go about it civilly and sue him in small claims, and that if i call the man i can be charged with harrassment and if i show up on his propety trying to take it back i will be put in jail for tresspassing

i want my stuff back, should i call the state police since apparently my police department couldnt be bothered so it seems with this??

rediculus,....im so angry...on another note while on vacation in virginia a few years ago i was quadding through some woods and was accosted by the property owner and arrested for tresspassing and , i was in jail 6 days before anyone knew where i was...and here in PA people can steal, sell drugs, etc and the cops could care less so it seems, yet me working my balls off to make an honest living gets shafted

thanks so much for reading, i needed to vent..

Albemarle Lawn
11-17-2008, 11:56 PM
I think he might have an "accident"

P.Services
11-18-2008, 12:04 AM
i would type what i would do to that guy if that was me but..... if i ever do have it happen to me some day i dont want my words to incriminate me. i would have taken my stuff back right there!!!! period i would have kicked the effeing door in and look for more, torn the garage apart i dont care.

dont tell me im full of shat because ive done it before. i also stole my stolen truck back from some punk a$$ kid and dragged the plow down the side of his new f-350. i would go to jail before some theif steals my stuff.

a crackhead will do some sick crazy stuff for a hundred bucks, might want to look into that.

Greenleaf Lawns
11-18-2008, 12:10 AM
That is truly %#@&ED UP.

I think maybe you need to talk to another cop or the other department as that is beyond wrong.

TXNSLighting
11-18-2008, 01:18 AM
Just Chitty...I cant believe that. You shoulda just taken YOUR crap back then. Take a couple friends for backup if need be.

brucec32
11-18-2008, 02:36 AM
Isn't America becoming just a wonderful place?

newtostone
11-18-2008, 04:16 AM
I wouldn't deal with the local police, Call the state police and have the settle it. Not trying to be disrespectful to anyone on here that may be a local cop but I have seen where the locals try not to step on toes and be too kind. But when I need something done I call the state police and somehow the issue is resolved within a day.

TXNSLighting
11-18-2008, 12:16 PM
Yeh state police are badasses. I know a few thankfully.

NIXRAY
11-18-2008, 12:37 PM
I agree call your state police post and get a attorney (just in case) and try to dig up anything thing that will prove ownership for you!......Oh and if "he" still claims ''someone'' gave me permission ask for name, number, paperwork etc.

UGH, a*s hole like these really piz me off, all we do is break our azz to get our stuff stolen and no help for our local Police Dept. Nice to see our tax dollars at work!

ovalracer44
11-18-2008, 01:53 PM
Dont you love how the law protects the criminals in this country?

P.Services
11-18-2008, 02:09 PM
that stuff is long gone by now. all you can do now is beat his ass.

PROCUT1
11-18-2008, 02:19 PM
The only thing that could have happened is that they believed his story that someone told him he could take the stuff.

That would be a civil matter in that case.

But I dont see how that would have happened.

SILVERSTREAK INC
11-18-2008, 06:33 PM
im going to call the state police tomorrow

i talked with a lawyer today and he says what the patrol officer said was totally wrong, he said i should talk to the sargent and ask for a criminal complaint, if still nothing then i need to file a civil case for the replacement value of the equipment

and Picasso, youre right, i knew the rest of the stuff which he had locked in his garge is now long gone (the little wonder, tools, etc) all the local cop could do was take pictures of the one weedwacker and two backpack blowers sitting outside...i told the cop i dont want to go this route unless we go up there, we open his garage and i get my stuff back...cause soon as the dude will get a moments notice, his property is gonna be emptied out and the stuff is gonna "vanish" well the guy didnt wanna open his garage obviously and when i asked the cop about a search warrent he really hesitated when he answered and agreed that the rest of the stuff is most likely inside the garage...but his lazy but didnt wanna get a warrent i could tell by how he said it

i think im gonna skip the local guys and call the state police

thanks for the opinions, ill let you know how it turns out, and ill see if i can scan the police report in to the computer once i get it

what sucks is i lost all my reciepts from last year in a fire at my office over the summer....all the stuff was bought in 2005, 2006 & 2007, i tried getting bank statements, but they go back about 6 months...so looks like im SOL, i should have sent in those warrenty registration cards with serial numbers after all

480 for a new pb650 hurt me today!

cpel2004
11-18-2008, 07:21 PM
I think you have waited to late, doesn't really matter now, your stuff is long, long gone. You should have taken your stuff and asked questions later. No need to hire an attorney because you cant prove its yours. Take his a** to the wood shed.

EagleLandscape
11-18-2008, 08:12 PM
call your bank, you can order records for a much longer time than 6 months. might take a few weeks to get in. does your dealer not have records of when you purchased it?

we buy all of our equipment through a credit account with our dealers, they have records of every serial/model we've every purchased. makes my job alot easier.

DLAWNS
11-18-2008, 08:18 PM
That's some bull sh*t. Definitely call the state police and keep in touch with your lawyer. I would exhaust all options to get my stuff back and if that doesn't work maybe his truck accidentally gets broken. I would also have a little chat with your friend and really grill him and let him know this is his fault, too.

kipper
11-18-2008, 08:49 PM
I think you have a case to sue either the police department or the guy who owns the garage. Talk to your attorney and keep in mind there are pics of your stuff sitting outside of this guys garage. The police department that you sue would have to explain to a judge why they did not pursue a search warrant when they had rock solid evidence. You can sue the guy because there is not a judge around that would believe this guy only knew about the items outside of his garage, you can put him at the scene of the crime because he knew where the items were stolen from. good luck with it.

lifetree
11-18-2008, 10:07 PM
Just Chitty...I cant believe that. You shoulda just taken YOUR crap back then. Take a couple friends for backup if need be.

Should have just taken your stuff back when you saw it ... without calling anyone over it !!

Scagguy
11-19-2008, 11:38 AM
I would have taken my stuff right then and there. If the theif showed up and wanted to make an issue out of it, I'd let the SOB talk to the open end of my Glock 23.

nnj18
11-19-2008, 12:57 PM
thats comeplete bullshyt they told you...here in nj you can get held and judged for theft even if the "property is lost or mislaid" so for them to not do anything is bs....this is one of the MANY reasons I cannot STAND the police...

we buy all of our equipment through a credit account with our dealers, they have records of every serial/model we've every purchased. makes my job alot easier.

same here! i agree 100% makes life sooo much easier

AintNoFun
11-19-2008, 01:05 PM
why not just go shopping at his place and say someone gave you permission?

nbuzz
11-19-2008, 02:53 PM
why not just go shopping at his place and say someone gave you permission?

Frickin Hilarious!!! I agree completely, I would if I could... I got ripped off this summer too. I couldn't even get a cop dispatched to my truck, $1800 worth of ****!! lazy a**holes. apparently $3000 or more is when they care.

KICK HIS A**!!!

Jeff Tracey Enterprises
11-19-2008, 03:19 PM
2 questions.
1) Did you file a police report showing that it was stolen or did you just call that idiot liar?? Cause the way I read it you just called him and then went over there, found it, then called the cops.

2) do you not have insurance on the equipment?? I have full replacement costs ( and then some) insurance on all of my equipment.

Either way, I am not defending them ( Thieves or Cops ) in this situation, you got screwed and I hope the staties can take care of it for you. Good luck with it.

POPO4995
11-19-2008, 04:27 PM
Always call the police BEFORE ANYTHING else is done.

SILVERSTREAK INC
11-19-2008, 05:00 PM
i went there to the guys house, called the ******* liar mike, who said he knew nothing, waited around...knocked on the guys door (this is at franks house/pole barn where he works) in hopes of talking to frank, took pictures of my things outside, attempted to get into the garage to take pictures of whatever might be in the garage but wasnt able to unless i broke in (looking back on how much of a PITA this ordeal has been i wish i just broke into tthe garage and took my stuff back and the log splitter the guy had for good measure) , then called the cops, frank came home about 20 mins after the cops came to the guys scene

the officer wrote up a police report on my stolen stuff which the guy admits to having but is claiming "someone on the property where the stuff was located with dark hair and a handlebar mustache said it was ok to take the equipment"

no one who works for me or any family members have handlebar mustaches...

im waiting for the local sargent to call me back as of right now...

the guy now wants to give me my stuff back at the police station at 5pm tomorrow, but i have a feeling all im getting back is my one weedwacker and two blowers which were outside the garage

what should i do? tell him to keep it and sue him for the total value? which i have as 4069.95 between damages needing to be fixed and stolen equipment

stupid me didnt have theft coverages on my equipment, just general liability, and did not have any homeowners since the fire this past summer

talk about them taking total advantage of the situation

razor1
11-19-2008, 05:34 PM
Dang this is one frustrating circumstance to say the least. Any chance the news media might be interested. Maybe they would grill this guy for answers since the police won't/can't do their job. IMO your insurance co. should be the last resort, why should your rates possibly be effected because of something this jackass did. If you don't get any justice at least give us Frank's number for "future use". Hope it works out.

Grasshoppers410
11-20-2008, 01:48 AM
First you should contact a good lawyer in your area and get some advice. I do work for a few and have gotten some really good advice on dealing with slow pay clients, insurance papers and numerous other things. Then try to deal with the poilce to get a report to the states attorney and see if you can pusure this matter. Good luck.

tojay22
11-21-2008, 02:08 AM
you need to go over there and boot his f*&%ing door in why hes at work and load all your crap up and leave it at that. i bet he wouldn't even have the balls to report it. than in a few months find him and beat the hell out of him but go buy a movie ticket or something so you have a good ala by. just a thought:hammerhead:

soloscaperman
11-21-2008, 02:09 AM
Either burn the house down with him in it or

Act like friends with him bring him to the bar. After words when he is real drunk smash his face on something hard till his teeth are smashed and he is bleeding and say don't **** with me or I will kill you.

Grasshoppers410
11-21-2008, 04:49 AM
haha you all are too funny, even if the stuff is yours, that is residential burglary, class 1 felony boys :) 4-15 yrs. i dont think thats worth a weed wacker

TXNSLighting
11-21-2008, 11:55 AM
haha you all are too funny, even if the stuff is yours, that is residential burglary, class 1 felony boys :) 4-15 yrs. i dont think thats worth a weed wacker

That is just sad...

topsites
11-21-2008, 12:34 PM
Why are you playing around, thieves are dishonest folks and you can't
reason or play nicely with them kind.

Your stuff is stolen and you drive over to some place just to check it out and Lo and behold you see
your stuff there, why you load it up and take it on back, it's that simple.

that stuff is long gone by now. all you can do now is beat his ass.

Yeah don't play around, that was actually a stroke of luck it was even there.
Had it been my trimmers I would've had that stuff so in the back of my trailer.

I do agree with things such as breaking locks and burning down houses :nono:

But other than that if someone took my stuff and they got it sitting out in plain sight?
Who is going to DARE challenge me from taking it back?
That would take a lot more balls than most lowlifes have,
but come on outside while I'm loading my stuff back up,
I'll give you handlebar mustache dude hahaha!

LushGreenLawn
11-23-2008, 02:16 PM

If that was the case, then the origional guy who took the stuff would have the same penalty. Obviously, the local cops in hos town don't care.

Its a shame Frank wasen't going 3mph over the speed limit when he stole your stuff, they would have got him for sure.

kootoomootoo
11-23-2008, 03:21 PM
1. You have insurance right..
2. Oj wanted his stuff back..

ovalracer44
11-23-2008, 06:30 PM
1. You have insurance right..

Sounds like something you would expect to hear from someone who voted for Obama.

KCfireman
11-23-2008, 06:57 PM
Either burn the house down with him in it or

Act like friends with him bring him to the bar. After words when he is real drunk smash his face on something hard till his teeth are smashed and he is bleeding and say don't **** with me or I will kill you.Well saying that you just made the most pathetic comment i have ever read, any good fire investigator could solve this and since this is a "crime" with only about 2 to 3 people involved he could find the guilty very easily and swiftly. Don't make stupid comments like that again.

ovalracer44
11-23-2008, 07:01 PM
Well saying that you just made the most pathetic comment i have ever read, any good fire investigator could solve this and since this is a "crime" with only about 2 to 3 people involved he could find the guilty very easily and swiftly. Don't make stupid comments like that again.

Funny.....

LushGreenLawn
11-23-2008, 07:31 PM
Well saying that you just made the most pathetic comment i have ever read, any good fire investigator could solve this and since this is a "crime" with only about 2 to 3 people involved he could find the guilty very easily and swiftly. Don't make stupid comments like that again.

Wow man, I thought he was joking. Do all firefighters get mad when someone mentions burning something down?

ovalracer44
11-23-2008, 07:45 PM
Wow man, I thought he was joking. Do all firefighters get mad when someone mentions burning something down?

They lose a lot of their own kind to arson. haha

KCfireman
11-23-2008, 08:21 PM
Wow man, I thought he was joking. Do all firefighters get mad when someone mentions burning something down?When someone ignites a fire at someones house or car because they are mad at them, that just plain arrogant. Now were gonna have to go in that house to perform a search and rescue to make sure no one is inside, which now that presents a major danger to us. We've already lost one guy this year because of an arson fire. There have already been multiple family fatalities because of arson fires this year. Its stupid. Now if it wasn't set intentionally and it was sparked by a space heater or faulty wiring that a different story.

CrewCutEnterprises
11-23-2008, 11:51 PM
Last Time I checked, As Hook man, we go in to search for people, Its what we do. Without arson, we wouldent run half the fires we run in this country.

Now arson... ahh it makes the fire season alot more busy, now you dont have to do a search, or even go in to put the fire out if your scared of it. But dont blame it on arson, I do feel for you on the loss of someone though. Good luck.

As for stolen stuff, I had 6 k stolen this year in eq, I got it all back at the pawn shop, the kid was 17, now is 18 and he got off.. go figure... ARGE

KCfireman
11-23-2008, 11:58 PM
There are stations in my dept that average over 60+working house fires a year. 95% of them are arson, and a lot have had bodies discovered in there. Now i know its our job to go in a search for occupants if they are suspected to be in there, but to search for someone that is already dead because someone murdered them because they hated them then lit their house on fire is just plain stupid. Thats how we lost out guy this year. I'm not scared at all to go in. I wouldnt do this job if i didnt love what we did. Its a great job with rewarding benefits but sometimes it can hurt you physically and mentally.

topsites
11-24-2008, 01:57 AM
There are stations in my dept that average over 60+working house fires a year. 95% of them are arson, and a lot have had bodies discovered in there. Now i know its our job to go in a search for occupants if they are suspected to be in there, but to search for someone that is already dead because someone murdered them because they hated them then lit their house on fire is just plain stupid. Thats how we lost out guy this year. I'm not scared at all to go in. I wouldnt do this job if i didnt love what we did. Its a great job with rewarding benefits but sometimes it can hurt you physically and mentally.

Well...
Does it help to know that them kind of folks usually end up caught in an
investigation and more than a few of them spend a very long time in their
not-so-favorite 'retirement' community.

No, it ain't right.
It's also not right folks can do these things,
it's like what were they thinking?!

But for the most part they do get caught.

KCfireman
11-24-2008, 03:22 PM
Well...
Does it help to know that them kind of folks usually end up caught in an
investigation and more than a few of them spend a very long time in their
not-so-favorite 'retirement' community.

No, it ain't right.
It's also not right folks can do these things,
it's like what were they thinking?!

But for the most part they do get caught.That arson fire that killed out guy, has yet to be solved and they can't find the arsonist. So a firefighters family is still grieving and they dont even know who killed their dad.

naughty62
11-25-2008, 07:34 AM
I would print up a flier and continuously canvass his neighborhood and hang flyers in surrounding business .Offer anonymity and a reward . Hang fliers often .If nothing else it will drive em crazy .

SILVERSTREAK INC
11-25-2008, 10:55 AM
sargent says the partol officers ruling stands because the property was in deshevled shape and he did the township a favor by removing things from it were his just about exact words, i replied well then im going to take it to civil court

somehow word got back to the guy, who then coordinated with the patrol officer to meet friday night to return my things at the police station at 5pm, i was there at 4:50, i call inside to the station at 5:05, and the officer says he will be right out, so 515 the guy shows up comes to my window, i get out of my truck, my 3 brothers are there, and he wants me to sign some paper saying i hold him harmless...bla bla and it goes on for a page, i read the first line and say no i cannot sign this, the guy then says fine, and walks towards his truck, i then say now youre wasting my time, lets see what you have in here, low and behold only one blower, not even what the cops took pictures of, so i say where are the other things at, and he then says what are you talking about i dont have anything else, with a giant grin on his face, i say where are the other things the cops took pictures of, wheres my little wonder, wheres all my tools, plow pump...etc..etc then his accomplice, mike, goes and says you said we could have all that, dont you remember? so i look mike right in his eyes about 6 inches from his face, and as im saying "mike when did i say that to you" the other man frank pushes me away, me with my hands still in my pockets scream dont touch me, i want my **** back, and as im screaming the officer finally comes rnning out and says "step back" to the three of us i step backwards and get tackled to the ground my another cop, no put your hands up, no go sit over there, just tackled to the ground for following the cops instructions

i scream i was in a car accident and am and have been injured, the cop keeps screaming in my ear "shut the fu*k up" as hes laying and rolling around on top of me...meanwhile my back is cracking like im at a chiropractor x's 10 i yell the guy hit me and then get voilently shaken and told repeditly to STFU prolly 8 times, they make the guy give the blower back and then take me into the station for disorderly conduct saying i attempted to make a physical scene with an officer, when i swear on my life my folks, this is how it happened and it was frank and the cops who chose to get physical, they had to take my hands out of my pockets to handcuff me, i kept them in my pockets up till then on purpose, cause what i got charged for was what i was trying to prevent

anyhow, in the station they call me every name in the book from ******* idiot to who the f do you think you are to a dumbass ..etc also tell me its not worth my time to sue him cause i cannot prove he stole things, i just ignore everything, and dont say a word cause its not worth arguing with people who did the wrong thing and are now trying to justify why they ac ted like they did

i get up from the chair and suddenly can hardly breathe, i have them call an abulence and the cops try to tell me im fine, its just the wind knocked out of me, i said no im hurt, an hour later the ER says i have a fractured sternum and ribs and contused lungs along with a hernea that popped out

ALSO my family was in the waiting room and the cop lets me out into the lobby and as hes closing the door he says you are all ******* idiots, my step brother whos 18 and has a broken leg and is in a cast says back , no youre the idiot...thats all it took, cop runs grabs him out of the chair and throws him against the wall breaks every file folder off the wall with the kids face and wrestles the kid to the ground and puts him in cuffs to be charged for disorderly

the next day, to frustrate me more, i get a call from the cops again

this man frank saw my brothers truck drive up the street

all of my 95 lawns are within a 1 mile radius of this guys house, my brothers best friend lives down the block from the guy

he says i will most likly get a call every time he sees one of us, and that hes warning us (meanwhile ive heard 5 times before dont go on his property or attempt to tresspass, each time i said thanks for the warning im not stupid enough to walk into his trap, although i feel like i was set up here at the police station, and i say to keep frank off my property)

i want him to step back onto my property so i can hurt him and ruin his life, i told the cop i will take whatever measures i need to do to protect the belonginggs on my property, to which he says, no you call the police, to which i say "officer, you already said since i gave him prermission to look at the trucks on the property he was allowed to take my things, which he did a few days after looking at the truck, pretty muich what you are telling me is that he has an OPEN PERMIT to do whatever he wants, whether it was a few days later, or a few months from now he can come back and steal again...i cant sleep at night, im up till 4am thinking about this ive hardly eaten and am scared to drive the roads of this town and now cannot work for 2 weeks because of the way i was treated on friday by upper moreland" he had nothing to say, i then say ive contacted fox 29 news about this, and many people have my written statements on this whole ordeal to which he says, thats great, thats just great, i tell him to refer any other calls right to my philadelphia city lawyer regarding the police or frank or mike trying to deny me my right to work

the lawyer is making calls now about the township

i just went and picked up papers to file a civil suit on fank and mike

i now get prank calls all night long from restricted numbers saying theyre going to kill me and my brothers and theyre going to dig my grandmother up and fornicate with her ---from one of mikes friends i recognize the voice

just letting everyone know there were no guns involved on friday, at least not by me or any of my brothers, although i had many tazers and guns pointed at my head throughout the ordeal

god im going crazy

punt66
11-25-2008, 11:22 AM
sargent says the partol officers ruling stands because the property was in deshevled shape and he did the township a favor by removing things from it were his just about exact words, i replied well then im going to take it to civil court

somehow word got back to the guy, who then coordinated with the patrol officer to meet friday night to return my things at the police station at 5pm, i was there at 4:50, i call inside to the station at 5:05, and the officer says he will be right out, so 515 the guy shows up comes to my window, i get out of my truck, my 3 brothers are there, and he wants me to sign some paper saying i hold him harmless...bla bla and it goes on for a page, i read the first line and say no i cannot sign this, the guy then says fine, and walks towards his truck, i then say now youre wasting my time, lets see what you have in here, low and behold only one blower, not even what the cops took pictures of, so i say where are the other things at, and he then says what are you talking about i dont have anything else, with a giant grin on his face, i say where are the other things the cops took pictures of, wheres my little wonder, wheres all my tools, plow pump...etc..etc then his accomplice, mike, goes and says you said we could have all that, dont you remember? so i look mike right in his eyes about 6 inches from his face, and as im saying "mike when did i say that to you" the other man frank pushes me away, me with my hands still in my pockets scream dont touch me, i want my **** back, and as im screaming the officer finally comes rnning out and says "step back" to the three of us i step backwards and get tackled to the ground my another cop, no put your hands up, no go sit over there, just tackled to the ground for following the cops instructions

i scream i was in a car accident and am and have been injured, the cop keeps screaming in my ear "shut the fu*k up" as hes laying and rolling around on top of me...meanwhile my back is cracking like im at a chiropractor x's 10 i yell the guy hit me and then get voilently shaken and told repeditly to STFU prolly 8 times, they make the guy give the blower back and then take me into the station for disorderly conduct saying i attempted to make a physical scene with an officer, when i swear on my life my folks, this is how it happened and it was frank and the cops who chose to get physical, they had to take my hands out of my pockets to handcuff me, i kept them in my pockets up till then on purpose, cause what i got charged for was what i was trying to prevent

anyhow, in the station they call me every name in the book from ******* idiot to who the f do you think you are to a dumbass ..etc also tell me its not worth my time to sue him cause i cannot prove he stole things, i just ignore everything, and dont say a word cause its not worth arguing with people who did the wrong thing and are now trying to justify why they ac ted like they did

i get up from the chair and suddenly can hardly breathe, i have them call an abulence and the cops try to tell me im fine, its just the wind knocked out of me, i said no im hurt, an hour later the ER says i have a fractured sternum and ribs and contused lungs along with a hernea that popped out

ALSO my family was in the waiting room and the cop lets me out into the lobby and as hes closing the door he says you are all ******* idiots, my step brother whos 18 and has a broken leg and is in a cast says back , no youre the idiot...thats all it took, cop runs grabs him out of the chair and throws him against the wall breaks every file folder off the wall with the kids face and wrestles the kid to the ground and puts him in cuffs to be charged for disorderly

the next day, to frustrate me more, i get a call from the cops again

this man frank saw my brothers truck drive up the street

all of my 95 lawns are within a 1 mile radius of this guys house, my brothers best friend lives down the block from the guy

he says i will most likly get a call every time he sees one of us, and that hes warning us (meanwhile ive heard 5 times before dont go on his property or attempt to tresspass, each time i said thanks for the warning im not stupid enough to walk into his trap, although i feel like i was set up here at the police station, and i say to keep frank off my property)

i want him to step back onto my property so i can hurt him and ruin his life, i told the cop i will take whatever measures i need to do to protect the belonginggs on my property, to which he says, no you call the police, to which i say "officer, you already said since i gave him prermission to look at the trucks on the property he was allowed to take my things, which he did a few days after looking at the truck, pretty muich what you are telling me is that he has an OPEN PERMIT to do whatever he wants, whether it was a few days later, or a few months from now he can come back and steal again...i cant sleep at night, im up till 4am thinking about this ive hardly eaten and am scared to drive the roads of this town and now cannot work for 2 weeks because of the way i was treated on friday by upper moreland" he had nothing to say, i then say ive contacted fox 29 news about this, and many people have my written statements on this whole ordeal to which he says, thats great, thats just great, i tell him to refer any other calls right to my philadelphia city lawyer regarding the police or frank or mike trying to deny me my right to work

the lawyer is making calls now about the township

i just went and picked up papers to file a civil suit on fank and mike

i now get prank calls all night long from restricted numbers saying theyre going to kill me and my brothers and theyre going to dig my grandmother up and fornicate with her ---from one of mikes friends i recognize the voice

just letting everyone know there were no guns involved on friday, at least not by me or any of my brothers, although i had many tazers and guns pointed at my head throughout the ordeal

god im going crazy

There has to be more to this than i understand. Its like your leving things out. I cant imagine the police would act like this. If everything you said is true then sue the police department s well.

tamadrummer
11-25-2008, 11:51 AM
There has to be more to this than i understand. Its like your leving things out. I cant imagine the police would act like this. If everything you said is true then sue the police department s well.

Honestly, I believe every word of it. The badge just gives permission to bully the innocent!

I have zero faith in the police/system built for protection of the people. They are as crooked as the mob except they aren't held accountable most of the time.

punt66
11-25-2008, 12:05 PM
Honestly, I believe every word of it. The badge just gives permission to bully the innocent!

I have zero faith in the police/system built for protection of the people. They are as crooked as the mob except they aren't held accountable most of the time.

Its not like that here. There is alot of accountability here.

AI Inc
11-25-2008, 12:24 PM
Its not like that here. There is alot of accountability here.

Same here , both the town I lve in and the town I work out of. The cops do a superb job of keeping scumbags from stealing my stuff , or even entering my town for that matter. They also are very leniant with the taxpayers that pay their salary. You realy cant ask for a better dept then that.

punt66
11-25-2008, 12:27 PM
Same here , both the town I lve in and the town I work out of. The cops do a superb job of keeping scumbags from stealing my stuff , or even entering my town for that matter. They also are very leniant with the taxpayers that pay their salary. You realy cant ask for a better dept then that.

Thats exacty right. Its the same here.

nemow
11-25-2008, 03:44 PM
If it happend here I would have called the station and told them I was going to go get my stuff back. If I feel threatened I am prepared to defend myself. They would have beat me there and put it in my truck when I pulled up. This thing sucks keep us posted.

KCfireman
11-25-2008, 04:20 PM
There has to be more to this than i understand. Its like your leving things out. I cant imagine the police would act like this. If everything you said is true then sue the police department s well.I agree punt, this guy sounds like a drunk man

SILVERSTREAK INC
11-25-2008, 06:51 PM
kc fire man, i just want to say how dare you of accusing me as being drunk, it was 915AM when i wrote my last reply

come to willow grove pennsylvania and change your last name to rorvik and i promise you youll think differently after youve done any kind of interaction with the police department here, i get pulled over constantly for trailer checks, tint etc yet every fire bug here has tinted windows on their pickup trucks and off road lights with no covers..etc

in the ER the doctor knew who tackled me before i did, the cop was in plain clothes and is a special detective and the words of the ER doc were "detective mc****** sends people here all the time for the way he handles situations and is under investigation and in trouble for it"

my lawyer lives in the same town as me, and is my neighbor, he sits on the decision board for diciplinary actions for the police department and verified that this guy who tackled me is under investigation and that its a conflict of his intrests to defend me against the department, and is why hes going to find another attourney for me he says because the guy was in plain clothes, did not state who he was i could have hit him in defense while he was charging at me and technically be in the right, but im glad i didnt i cant afford any other injuries

have a beer kc and please keep comments like that to yourself

DLAWNS
11-25-2008, 08:45 PM
Dude, I'm sorry all this is happening to you. Don't let this die. Go to the news, write letters to the papers, call the state police, write letters to the mayor/ congressmen, etc. I would also report everyone of the threats to the state police. I'm not one to sue everyone, as I've never done it myself, but in this situation, sue everyone...Frank, Mike, Individual officers, the department and anyone else involved. I hope everything turns around for you. Keep us updated.

ovalracer44
11-25-2008, 11:02 PM
I agree punt, this guy sounds like a drunk man

What a jerk.

KCfireman
11-26-2008, 01:44 AM
What a jerk.your calling me a jerk? When you told me that we lose a lot of firefighters from arson then you laughed? What the fuk is wrong with you?

KCfireman
11-26-2008, 01:45 AM
kc fire man, i just want to say how dare you of accusing me as being drunk, it was 915AM when i wrote my last reply

come to willow grove pennsylvania and change your last name to rorvik and i promise you youll think differently after youve done any kind of interaction with the police department here, i get pulled over constantly for trailer checks, tint etc yet every fire bug here has tinted windows on their pickup trucks and off road lights with no covers..etc

in the ER the doctor knew who tackled me before i did, the cop was in plain clothes and is a special detective and the words of the ER doc were "detective mc****** sends people here all the time for the way he handles situations and is under investigation and in trouble for it"

my lawyer lives in the same town as me, and is my neighbor, he sits on the decision board for diciplinary actions for the police department and verified that this guy who tackled me is under investigation and that its a conflict of his intrests to defend me against the department, and is why hes going to find another attourney for me he says because the guy was in plain clothes, did not state who he was i could have hit him in defense while he was charging at me and technically be in the right, but im glad i didnt i cant afford any other injuries

have a beer kc and please keep comments like that to yourselfwasnt trying to offend you dude. Relax. Chill. I just happen to hate how people treat police and talk down on them. I happen to very good friends with them. why? Because they watch our asses out on fire scenes, highway wrecks and roadway wrecks.

ovalracer44
11-26-2008, 01:50 AM
the reason fire guys never get pulled over is because they are the sh!t.

This is why you are a jerk.

No one is above the law. Including you.

ovalracer44
11-26-2008, 01:53 AM
They lose a lot of their own kind to arson. haha

Meaning that a lot of firefighters go to jail for arson. Reading comprehension was taught in the 3rd grade. You must have been playing with matches too much.

KCfireman
11-26-2008, 01:54 AM
This is why you are a jerk.

No one is above the law. Including you.hahahah....your a funny kid oval.

ovalracer44
11-26-2008, 02:01 AM
Why am I funny? Im telling you straight up. You are not above the law. You do not have any rights to break the law.

Sounds to me like you are on a serious power trip.

KCfireman
11-26-2008, 02:06 AM
Why am I funny? Im telling you straight up. You are not above the law. You do not have any rights to break the law.

Sounds to me like you are on a serious power trip.I never said "I" was the "sh!t". I cleary stated that "They" were the "Sh!t". I used it in 3rd person POV. I don think im the "Sh!t". I dont have tinted windows or anything like that. I hate it. I have a blue 99' F-150. I know where this guy is coming from in terms of being robbed. I had my bunker(Fire) gear stolen right out of my truck last year. Thats $4000 right out the window and gear is not insured.

tojay22
11-26-2008, 02:11 AM
kc does this mean you can never have a drink? "Volunteer Firefighters are never "Off-Duty" 24/7, 365" im guessing you break the law now and again.

KCfireman
11-26-2008, 02:12 AM
kc does this mean you can never have a drink? "Volunteer Firefighters are never "Off-Duty" 24/7, 365" im guessing you break the law now and again.trust me, i wish i could. One charge that goes on you, and you can kiss my career good bye. Departments wont allow it.

PLM-1
11-26-2008, 02:55 AM
Before crap hit the fan it appears that they were in possession of stolen property. It doesnt' matter if they "had permission". I had a similar run in with a certain city in Kansas. Let's just say cops don't like bad publicity, be ready for a hellish ride.

CNYScapes
11-26-2008, 10:30 AM

OJ just tried that and hes in the slammer !!!!!!

naughty62
11-26-2008, 11:30 AM
Cool off.Lawyers have all the documents to supena dispatch records and recording ,dash cam recording ,all police reports .You can ,.serve em yourself .gather all records needed and send a noterized bundle to all your senators and reps ,state senators and reps .All police authority are over seen by a state agency , attorony generals office,ombadsman office .S%$^ rolls down hill not uphill . you could file a suit ,but what do you think is going happen .Zilch.I had a simular thing happen to me years ago ,a garage full of carpentry and mechnic tools.years later everytime i see the guy ,I smile and wave .I went down to teeshirt and graphics business and had them print out 10 bumper sticker that said Justice is dish best served cold .I still have one stuck on a old work car .Cool off and time will be on your side .Everytime something bad happens to them . they will wonder.It take time to cool off ,never forget to smile and wave .

Branch manager
11-26-2008, 11:52 PM
I believe the actual phrase is "Revenge is a dish best served cold"; however I agree with the sentiment. What goes around, comes around. I don't get mad, I eventually get even.Think first, then act accordingly. Silverstreak: sorry about this BS situation. Let us know how it shakes out.Happy Thanksgiving, dude.:waving::drinkup:

ryry278
11-28-2008, 01:11 PM
I want even say what i would do.... I hate injustice more than anything

hockeypro1411
11-28-2008, 10:42 PM
Be like The Rock in Walking Tall. Just start shooting everyone and eventually end up running the town. I'm thinking a Mossberg 12 ga. with some 00 Buck should do the trick.

sls_IL
12-08-2008, 12:38 AM
You just need to find somebody that looks like a Hell's Angel, or Bad Leroy Brown, etc. and go over to Frank's. Have him knock on the door. When Frank answers the door, just say "That's the guy." and you both walk away. If you don't get your stuff back, you will at least be messing with the guy and won't be the only one losing sleep. That works for bill collecting too.

nemow
12-09-2008, 10:40 AM
Can we get an update?

ovalracer44
12-09-2008, 02:01 PM
You just need to find somebody that looks like a Hell's Angel, or Bad Leroy Brown, etc. and go over to Frank's. Have him knock on the door. When Frank answers the door, just say "That's the guy." and you both walk away. If you don't get your stuff back, you will at least be messing with the guy and won't be the only one losing sleep. That works for bill collecting too.

I like this answer. Thats funny. :clapping:

CrystalCreek
12-09-2008, 07:06 PM

Effective Immediately: Crystal Creek Landscaping will be deploying this idea as the preferred method of bill collection:weightlifter::weightlifter: Now what was that website for steroid's:confused::nono::confused:

Hey, It is a lot more fun that the chipper I own that reads COLLECTION DEPARTMENT across the back, but the chipper still makes me laugh:laugh::laugh:

vernon lawn
12-12-2008, 07:50 PM
I just read your mishap and can't believe the situation. What I would do is go take your stuff and if they call the police tell them the same thing and say that someone on the property gave you permission to take the equipment this guy borrowed ( so to speak). This is what America is turning into, it's a shame

Supper Grassy
12-14-2008, 09:02 PM
Any updates?

JDUtah
12-15-2008, 05:15 PM
Sounds made up to me. Sorry if it isn't.

KCfireman
12-15-2008, 05:19 PM
Sounds made up to me. Sorry if it isn't.Thats what i was thinking. The guy hasnt updated this in a while. Probably got arrested for doing something again and now he is sittin in the county jail.

Chris1594
12-15-2008, 07:48 PM
I never said "I" was the "sh!t". I cleary stated that "They" were the "Sh!t". I used it in 3rd person POV. I don think im the "Sh!t". I dont have tinted windows or anything like that. I hate it. I have a blue 99' F-150. I know where this guy is coming from in terms of being robbed. I had my bunker(Fire) gear stolen right out of my truck last year. Thats $4000 right out the window and gear is not insured.

Hmm maybe a stripper was late and had to use your TURN OUT GEAR lol I mean I seen strippers dress up as police officers and Fire fighters:laugh:

SILVERSTREAK INC
12-16-2008, 02:17 AM
no real updates, filed civil complaint 12-9 for 5000 dollars, my non guilty plea was heard for my disordery conduct today, fine and offense dropped, they are going to pay my 1366 dollar er bill as well as per the judges reccomendations and i got an apology....oh golly..

no lawyers want to handle the brutality thing on a contingency basis

some of you people really have diarriah of the mouth, stop slandering me, thats all im going to say

Chris1594
12-16-2008, 11:44 AM
no real updates, filed civil complaint 12-9 for 5000 dollars, my non guilty plea was heard for my disordery conduct today, fine and offense dropped, they are going to pay my 1366 dollar er bill as well as per the judges reccomendations and i got an apology....oh golly..

no lawyers want to handle the brutality thing on a contingency basis

some of you people really have diarriah of the mouth, stop slandering me, thats all im going to say

I wasnt slandering you I think this sucks because some scumbag took your stuff im wondering if the guy who stole your stuff is some how connected to the PD

SILVERSTREAK INC
12-16-2008, 05:38 PM
no not you chris thanks for the support all

ryry278
12-16-2008, 06:33 PM
Great to hear Silver you got out of the disorderly conduct. Rethinking going to law school now so i do not have to deal with that crap. I would rip them to shreds in civil court. But anyways if you sue in civil court the defendent has to prove they did not steal it instead of you having to prove they stole it so you have a good chance. Just call Judge Judy would make a great show

DLAWNS
12-18-2008, 12:22 AM
no not you chris thanks for the support all

I'm really glad to hear that you had some good luck with this situation. I hope the rest gets worked out for you. Keep us updated.

DUSTYCEDAR
12-18-2008, 12:44 AM
WOW what a mess good luck with it

kootoomootoo
12-18-2008, 03:42 PM
So you dont have insurance>

ovalracer44
12-18-2008, 04:11 PM
So you dont have insurance>

Well in Obama land they think its the responsibility of the victim to have insurance to get their stuff back instead of the law actually doing its job.

triadpm
12-18-2008, 07:00 PM
Silverstreak, I have been trying to follow this but with all the side track nonsense I had to skim thru most of it. I could give you some suggestions on revenge/payback but last time I did on here some punk called me stupid...I laughed. Non payment and theft is the same thing plain and simple and some bodys paying one way or another. I can offer you some good advice if you like and Frank would thing long and hard before ripping somebody off again. Contact me if you like, I dont want to be called stupid again by some self righteous C.S. again.

ryry278
12-18-2008, 07:47 PM
I have respect for police and what they do, but there are bad apples in every group. Clarksville has a great police force with i am sure its own problems, but i know some of the personally and there good people. Now on the other hand right down the road that county has some of the worst police and DA's on earth. Nothing but a good ol' boy system where if your a friend you can get away with murder and i mean that in a very direct way. Girlfriend's sister and niece murdered and guy who did it never charged not even considered a suspect. Because of that i always question police they are not above the law they are to uphold it. If a cop parks in a spot on campus that is illegal i ask them if there is an emergency if not they need to move or else they will be tickted. Just cause your a cop does not mean you can do whatever you want. I would like to be a reserve cop though i think it would be very honorable, but i know i would not go above the law. More reasons to be a lawyer and destroy the corrupt. Stirring the pot is fun

Chris1594
12-18-2008, 11:09 PM
that's odd my recent post in this thread as well as KC's and ovalracers have been removed?

DLAWNS
12-18-2008, 11:27 PM
I have a feeling that it was one of the words that were used. lol

DLAWNS
12-18-2008, 11:38 PM
I figured that I would throw my opinion into the mix. Yes some cops are crooked, and I understand that everyone (myself included) is skeptical of them when we are pulled over or hassled. But like 99% of them do a great job. My brother in law as well as 5 friends are officers. I respect the hell out of what they do. They put up with some ridiculous stuff and get a lot of crap from people, as well as putting their life on the line. Believe me, I've been pulled over for some stupid stuff but I still respect them.

Chris1594
12-19-2008, 12:19 PM
I don't know it's odd Bill because none of us got out of line and they deleted 3 members entry's lol :laugh:

DLAWNS
12-19-2008, 01:56 PM
It was weird, I was reading through the thread and got to a part where a member called someone a name (c word). That whole section got deleted. I've seen that happen sometimes when things start getting volatile.

BTW, where is Newton? I'm not familiar with that town. I swear everyday I see a new town in Jersey that I've never heard of.

Chris1594
12-19-2008, 02:04 PM
It was weird, I was reading through the thread and got to a part where a member called someone a name (c word). That whole section got deleted. I've seen that happen sometimes when things start getting volatile.

BTW, where is Newton? I'm not familiar with that town. I swear everyday I see a new town in Jersey that I've never heard of.

oh yeah I remember last night seeing the part where some one called another member a C word so thats prob why the whole page got deleted Newton is in Sussex County Bill btw very nice equipment and website Thumbs Up

DLAWNS
12-19-2008, 03:03 PM
Thanks, man. I can't wait to update it this winter. My fiend built it for me and we've been too busy to do any work to it. I have new equipment and I need to put some pics of my work on there.

handymanlawncare
12-19-2008, 03:03 PM
I would have just taken my stuff back. This is the south, we don't play. That's why they send us to war overseas all the time. I would have had my 38 in my pocket, you know for backup. And if the dude would have came home and ass kicking would have been in order.
By the way, you know how they are they are gonna catch ben laden? They are gonna tell us rednecks that he is the one responsible for earnhart's death. We are going to take our shotguns and bass boats over there and get him for yaul.

DLAWNS
12-19-2008, 03:08 PM
By the way, you know how they are they are gonna catch ben laden? They are gonna tell us rednecks that he is the one responsible for earnhart's death. We are going to take our shotguns and bass boats over there and get him for yaul.

That's funny as hell.

Lucky Star Lawn Care
12-19-2008, 03:24 PM
Just show up to his house get your stuff back then when the cops comefor you just tell them "someone" on his property gave you permission to do whatever...and definately some sort of "accident" needs to happen to this guy to.

topsites
12-20-2008, 02:15 PM
Just show up to his house get your stuff back then when the cops comefor you just tell them "someone" on his property gave you permission to do whatever...and definately some sort of "accident" needs to happen to this guy to.

Yeah hahaha that's what I'm talking about!

The fact it's my equipment to begin with would be all the permission I need.

You should have taken your stuff and asked questions later.

That's right.

Magnum Services
12-20-2008, 11:47 PM
Revenge!!!! Take a new syringe and fill it with skunk scent that you buy at a sporting goods store. Walk up to the thief's truck and stick the needle through the weather stripping on the drivers door. Then empty the contents of the syringe into the front seat. It will smell like a Skunk was ran over and the smell will never come out . Not through shampooing or leaving the windows down and airing it out . Be careful NOT to get any on you or let it leak into your vehicle . The needle leaves NO trace ! You didn't hear that from me . HA HA HA!!!

triadpm
12-21-2008, 08:59 AM
I love it, get some on the seat too.

BIGBEN2004
12-21-2008, 12:02 PM
I feel your pain on this whole story. Me and a buddy plowed snow for a guy in PA for two years. He did good to us the first year and then the second he paid some bills and the rest he let slide to after the snow season was over and then led us on a lye about when he was going to pay us. Meanwhile he was filing for bankrupsty. He had three company's, one was a lawn and landscape company, one was a lawn company and the last was a landscape company. To make a long story short we did work for the lawn and landscape combined company which he did all the snow plow work under. When he was paid for work done he filed the money into the other two company's and when he got bills from subs or rental company's he filed them under the bankrupt company. He got off with everything. He took all assets from the lawn and landscape company and signed them over to the other two companies after he filed for bankruptsy. PA law allowed him to get off without owing anyone any money and allowed him to take all assets and money and spread it to the other two company's he owns and not allow any collectors to have any bit of them to try to pay off debt with. I was amazed at how stupid the PA law is. I know that it would have never worked in Maryland. Their is allot of shady people in this world and the law seems to protect them better than the honest hard workers. Just beware of doing any work in the YORK PA area is all I am going to say. I know their are two very dishonest company's being run there that got their start by robbing many and leaving them high and dry. I believe in carma and soon he will get payback from someone doing the same to him and I will never hear about it but I hope it happens.

Paradise Landscapes
12-21-2008, 06:43 PM
Will he get his 5K in equipment?
I too would write to everyone including the news stations and file a shotgun lawsuit.

STIHL GUY
12-21-2008, 10:28 PM
i would have beat his a$$ and got my stuff back

DLAWNS
01-11-2009, 10:50 PM
Silverstreak-any updates?

bigcountry01
01-12-2009, 05:40 PM
Dude....sometimes you just cant count on the law to help so you have to take matters into your own hands. Not telling you to kill the guy but i would go over there and settle it like a man. You will have your stuff and be on your way before the cops ever get there.

Frontier-Lawn
01-12-2009, 08:00 PM
if some one stole my stuff, i would grab the 2 other lawn guys i know on here, ones in Venice and the others in Punta Gorda and go kick the crap out of the hole that took my stuff.

12Valve
02-08-2009, 10:29 PM
any updates?

DLAWNS
02-09-2009, 12:44 AM
I've been wondering the same thing. Silverstreak----any news?

getthenet
02-09-2009, 01:20 AM
Silverstreak, hope it works out for ya.

Cross Cut
02-09-2009, 10:45 AM
Sounds like Frank has an in. Do you know if he is related to anyone in the department? Dropping charges, paying fines, and an apology? What about the 18 year old with a broken leg? Did he and your family get an apology too? What is your life going to be like now? There is a attorney in MI that loves this kind of stuff. His name is Jeffery Figer. Was Kevorkian's attorney for a few years. Has an office in Southfield. Takes cases on merit. Never hurts to call. Good luck

troblandscape
02-09-2009, 06:23 PM
I just read this thread it sounds like there might be a little more to the story than is explained. I live in the area and haven't heard anything about this.

derbydon
02-12-2009, 07:01 PM
For once I have to defend the local police. I found out 2 days ago that a Stihl ST45 hedgetrimmer I was missing wasn't left behind on a jobsite as I had believed, but was stolen by an ex-employee. (I assumed it was lost because I had put it in the truck box after we had bent a blade and didn't notice it gone for a while. Assumed one of the guys had gotten it out to use it, and left it out when grabbing another one).

Anyway, I got a tip from a crew leader from another company that this ex-employee had been bragging about having stolen it from my truck the day I paid him his last check. Seems he had taken it to a local pawn shop/fence.

Local sherrif's department detective has been all over this. Confirmed he pawned it, confirmed it was sold, running down the buyer to repossess the trimmer, and has been asking me for work history on this guy because he apparently has a long history of pawning lawn care equipment at this same pawn shop/fence.

And yeah, I've considered the "other" options in dealing with this guy. But after a little more digging around I've found out that this guy doesn't have enough sense to know when he's beat. That kind of leaves letting the police handle it. So far they're making progress.

DLAWNS
02-14-2009, 10:47 AM
For once I have to defend the local police. I found out 2 days ago that a Stihl ST45 hedgetrimmer I was missing wasn't left behind on a jobsite as I had believed, but was stolen by an ex-employee. (I assumed it was lost because I had put it in the truck box after we had bent a blade and didn't notice it gone for a while. Assumed one of the guys had gotten it out to use it, and left it out when grabbing another one).

Anyway, I got a tip from a crew leader from another company that this ex-employee had been bragging about having stolen it from my truck the day I paid him his last check. Seems he had taken it to a local pawn shop/fence.

Local sherrif's department detective has been all over this. Confirmed he pawned it, confirmed it was sold, running down the buyer to repossess the trimmer, and has been asking me for work history on this guy because he apparently has a long history of pawning lawn care equipment at this same pawn shop/fence.

And yeah, I've considered the "other" options in dealing with this guy. But after a little more digging around I've found out that this guy doesn't have enough sense to know when he's beat. That kind of leaves letting the police handle it. So far they're making progress.

Good for you. I'm glad to hear stories of when the law wins.

Perfect Image TLM
02-14-2009, 12:35 PM
Good news. hope he gets what he deserves..

SILVERSTREAK INC
02-18-2009, 12:46 PM
welllllp, what comes around goes around....sorry i didnt post sooner, the one guy involved ...mike... was caught on my street at 330 in the morning a few weeks ago the sergent of the hatboro police (where i live now) lives across the street from me and his wife was woken up by a diesel dodge dually with straight pipes which kept driving up and down the street ...so he called one of his patrol officers to check it out ...i got a call around 340 asking if i could check my property to see if anything was stolen or messed around with... checking around everything was alright, so the officer told me dont worry, we got him (haha felt like i was watching the news story on how they got saddam)

the guy is away for a long time, now just need to worry about frank....just sucks that my stuff prolly was sold to get him his drug "startup" money...

http://www.phillyburbs.com/news/local/the_intelligencer/the_intelligencer_news_details/article/27/2009/january/23/suspected-cocaine-dealer-nabbed.html?tx_ttnews%5Bpointer%5D=21&cHash=139df98dd0ff695f1b970385075b0bc6

TMlawncare
02-18-2009, 01:49 PM
Wow, I just read the link you provided for the news article. Did you guys catch the part on what "Mike" likes to do to annoying people. Your are lucky the police caught him before he used a pipe bomb around your property. This is some really scary crap. I am glad you made it out of this situation even if you are out $5k.

DLAWNS
02-18-2009, 06:36 PM
welllllp, what comes around goes around....sorry i didnt post sooner, the one guy involved ...mike... was caught on my street at 330 in the morning a few weeks ago the sergent of the hatboro police (where i live now) lives across the street from me and his wife was woken up by a diesel dodge dually with straight pipes which kept driving up and down the street ...so he called one of his patrol officers to check it out ...i got a call around 340 asking if i could check my property to see if anything was stolen or messed around with... checking around everything was alright, so the officer told me dont worry, we got him (haha felt like i was watching the news story on how they got saddam)

the guy is away for a long time, now just need to worry about frank....just sucks that my stuff prolly was sold to get him his drug "startup" money...

http://www.phillyburbs.com/news/local/the_intelligencer/the_intelligencer_news_details/article/27/2009/january/23/suspected-cocaine-dealer-nabbed.html?tx_ttnews%5Bpointer%5D=21&cHash=139df98dd0ff695f1b970385075b0bc6

Damn, dude that's awesome. Karma's a bit*h.

The Grass Guy
03-31-2009, 03:06 PM
Go back to franks house tell him you found the guy that gave it to him and tell him the guy said you could have it back.Hell if it works for him ! One would think receipts etc would prove ownership and they should make you a theft rpt and do their jobs

driver5
04-01-2009, 02:13 PM

soooo funny. :laugh:

xxl
04-24-2009, 09:26 PM
i would have just put the stuff in my truck and left he would have been surprised when he came home

Ramairfreak98ss
05-23-2009, 10:29 PM
so wait a minute.. you FOUND all your stolen items at his HOUSE and you had the cops there and STILL DONT HAVE YOUR EQUIPMENT BACK?

file a stolen/theft report with the cops, when they "find" your stolen things you already found for them, they have to arrest the guy.. If they dont, his house would be burning down tomorrow:hammerhead:

mowerdude777
06-13-2009, 06:25 PM
Frank is defientaly full of s***

Thechap
07-06-2009, 01:08 PM
First off can you prove the equipment is yours? If not it's your word against his. It's your own stupidity for not having receipts, serial numbers, etc. on hand to show the police. If you would have had those numbers/receipts you would have gotten your equipment back, and the guy would have been locked up in the back of the car. As for the State Police? Good luck!!!!!!

Local cop for 25 years.

grass_cuttin_fool
07-06-2009, 02:11 PM
I didnt read all the pages.....but if I knew that stuff was mine....I would of just loaded it up....prob kicked in the garage door and got what was mine and then just left.....frank new it was stolen and he wouldnt of pushed for the police to come.......just my 2 cents on it

Mike Custom
08-13-2009, 10:27 PM
call the IRS and report the guy anonymously for cheating on his taxes....IRS investigations are never fun..... or you can give the local police a tip saying he has child porn on his computer....that wont look good to the neighbors either.....make his life hell.....oh, and water balloons filled with roundup always make the lawn look great too! good luck!

LR3
08-18-2009, 02:49 AM
i keep my stuff at a yard, not totally fenced in or anything

i send someone i know over to check out a truck i had for sale, say his name is mike and mike brings over his boss, say frank, who is a "mechanic" for a 2nd opinion on the truck

mike calls me, asks me a million questions about blowers, weedwacker, my loaders & bulldozer asking if theyre for sale and that his boss, frank is interested, to which i say if the offer is right ill think about it, he goes and gives me a crazy reply saying my 580E backhoe is worth 2500 to him, being polite i say no, just the truck if for sale right now.

the following monday i notice my srm 260 weedwackers (4 of them), pb650 backpack blowers (3 of them) & little wonder 8hp push blower (999 frickin dollars for the little wonder) along with tool sets, a stereo unit is missing out of a truck, nite saber lights broken off one truck and stolen off another and an e60 with a broken sump base causesomeone tried to pry off the truck (iit had a lock on it whicbh they tried to cut)

on a whim i use the power of the internet to figure out where this fellow, frank, lives, drive to his house, no ones home, theres my weedwackers and blowers outside his garage , i first call mike, asking if he knows anything about my blowers or weedwackers and where they might be to which he says no...no i have no idea what youre talking about (mike works in this garage every day and is blatently lying to me on the phone) so i hang up...and listening to the advice of my friend who is a parole officer (i wanted to take my stuff back right then and there, and seems like i should have) i call the cops, who say they will follow me to the guys place and get my stuff back

well the guy comes home (meanwhile me and 3 police officers are there) and frank says some fellow on the property says it was ok to take things, and based on what this unknown person said the police say they cannot put frank in jail or demand him to give my stuff back since someone gave permission

they tell me i need to go about it civilly and sue him in small claims, and that if i call the man i can be charged with harrassment and if i show up on his propety trying to take it back i will be put in jail for tresspassing

i want my stuff back, should i call the state police since apparently my police department couldnt be bothered so it seems with this??

rediculus,....im so angry...on another note while on vacation in virginia a few years ago i was quadding through some woods and was accosted by the property owner and arrested for tresspassing and , i was in jail 6 days before anyone knew where i was...and here in PA people can steal, sell drugs, etc and the cops could care less so it seems, yet me working my balls off to make an honest living gets shafted

thanks so much for reading, i needed to vent..

Do what I would do, burn his house down!!!

TSB group
08-22-2009, 01:02 PM
I have a hard time believing many people have issues with the local cops unless you are really giving them a hard time back. I live in an area where there is so much police oversight that they really cannot start the issue and keep their jobs.

That being said, they do act as predators at times when they are targeting specific road laws. When they pull you over, have your papers squared away, be polite and you will find things work out in the end. ALL of your equipement should be cataloged with your serial numbers, and ask your dealer to record them also (or give him a copy) when your maintenance is done.

Its all about paper trails, and keeping a cool head. Those who steal are not that bright, and it is the only way to keep a cop on your side. Name calling, and personal statements polarize a conversation and keep the focus about what is important.

I hope this all works out, as I live about 10 minutes from Horsham. I am amazed it would go that bad, and hope your get your stuff back.

Eakern & Dog
09-14-2009, 11:47 AM
Take it back and if the cops by your house tell them that someone at the property told you could have them. ;-)

Jake99
09-28-2009, 09:47 AM
Put this in the newspaper

Greenscapes Lawncare
10-31-2009, 09:48 PM
to be quite honest if someone stole my stuff and i foun it at his garage the FIRST MISTAKE U MADE WAS CALLING THE POLICE. WHY IN THE HELL DIDNT YOU TAKE UR BELONGINGS BACK??? that guy would have one hell of an asswhoopin if he done me like that!!

topsites
11-01-2009, 06:49 PM
to be quite honest if someone stole my stuff and i foun it at his garage the FIRST MISTAKE U MADE WAS CALLING THE POLICE. WHY IN THE HELL DIDNT YOU TAKE UR BELONGINGS BACK??? that guy would have one hell of an asswhoopin if he done me like that!!

Man I tried to tell him that...

I would have already had my stuff back too, right then and there, took it just like they did.

Which about makes me wonder if there isn't more to the story...

Jake99
11-02-2009, 07:10 AM
Check out new website I'm working on...........It could have helped you.
www.IHateaThief.com or www.MeFindIt.com

--jake

ProTouch Groundscapes
11-02-2009, 05:23 PM
wow, what a crazy situation. i just read that news link too, what a winner. hope all works out in the end for you.

being 5'10" and a ripped 220lbs really helps out, not many people want to mess with me or my brother, an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure! hit the gym boys!

Jake99
11-03-2009, 06:22 PM
I agree...Slide his a$$ or better yet hook em up to tha ball. Do 50, tha buzzards eat up the evidence.

TSB group
11-03-2009, 09:03 PM
wow, what a crazy situation. i just read that news link too, what a winner. hope all works out in the end for you.

being 5'10" and a ripped 220lbs really helps out, not many people want to mess with me or my brother, an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure! hit the gym boys!

LOL, really? The pen is mightier than the sword. This is coming from a 6'5" 260 pound man. Keep it legal and stay on the right side of the bars.

joef450snowplow
11-14-2009, 02:38 PM
id ******* crack skulls if somthing like that happened to me hope u got or get your stuff back

buckwheat_la
11-17-2009, 01:21 PM
wow, i would still be suing the police department for your losses, if they had done their job the first time you would have your stuff back, lazy cops. as far as this guy is concerned, it shouldn't be hard to find someone in jail to give him "a little loving" the put him out of his missery

supercuts
11-30-2009, 08:43 AM
im not reading through all these pages, but did you ever report it stolen prior to going over there? if not, did the police ask you if you wnat to report your equipt stolen? if they didnt go in the dept and make a formal written complaint against the officers. there are lots of lazy cops out there and if you dont put it in writting nothing will change. i had a state trooper refuse to look into a dealer double dipping, charging me for work and submitting warranttee claim on the same repair. i had him written up. he didnt want to be bothered over a 4 month period, never looking into it

Jake99
12-02-2009, 11:52 AM
He took the cops with him.

Charles
12-10-2009, 07:55 AM
Thread ran its course awhile back