PDA

View Full Version : Hdtv???

TXNSLighting
11-18-2008, 12:47 AM
Anyone thouht about offering this? Outdoor audio visual compnents that is. One of my competitors is doing it now, so i think its time i go ahead with it...

S&MLL
11-18-2008, 01:13 AM
I know they make outdoor plasmas and all. But what cable box would be made for the elements that can still output true 1080

TXNSLighting
11-18-2008, 01:23 AM
Theres appearantly a wide variety of stuff. Im in the research process now.

JeffY
11-18-2008, 09:28 AM
You can keep all the components inside and just run the cables needed from the box to the tv. So the only component outside would be the tv. To change channels, use a RF or bluetooth remote control. I have seen several TVs outside mounted on houses or outdoor structures and I think they look cool.

INTEGRA Bespoke Lighting
11-18-2008, 09:52 AM
Most of the newly built custom homes here have extensive outdoor living areas that are fully wired for light, sound, video, etc.

This work is primarily done by the AV/Home Automation contractors. I think there is a lot more to know about the technology, connectivity issues, etc then one might think.

You might find more information from the new Low Voltage forum at www.lowvoltagetalk.com

Have a great day.

JoeyD
11-18-2008, 10:26 AM
this is definitley something to look into and at minimum you guys trying to expand your refferal base shuld be partnering up with these high end home theatre guys. They are almost always on high end homes!!!

Thats a cool new forum James!

irrig8r
11-18-2008, 10:34 AM
"Usually always"?
Must not have had your coffee yet. :)

JoeyD
11-18-2008, 10:35 AM
"Usually always"?
Must not have had your coffee yet. :)

THANK YOU! LOL

And NO, I have not had my coffee! LOL

TXNSLighting
11-18-2008, 10:58 AM
O you coffee guys...thats a cool site James! I went ahead and signed up!

TXNSLighting
11-18-2008, 10:59 AM
Most of the newly built custom homes here have extensive outdoor living areas that are fully wired for light, sound, video, etc.

This work is primarily done by the AV/Home Automation contractors. I think there is a lot more to know about the technology, connectivity issues, etc then one might think.

You might find more information from the new Low Voltage forum at www.lowvoltagetalk.com

Have a great day.

Exactly! Lots of new builds in the areas im targeting and man are they loving their outdoors! Here its getting dark at about 5:45, and it still warm out. So people are wanting to be outside. Im trying to be a
"one stop, outdoors shop"!!

Hey my new slogan!