PDA

View Full Version : Advertising

coolluv
11-18-2008, 09:52 AM
I have a question about advertising. I'm planing on putting an estimate on my advertising for lawn maintenance. In other words, the door hanger will have a place on the back that has a space that says, your lawn estimate is $40. Now I know that its going to be a little hard estimating every lawn correctly, but the reason I want to do this is I want to eliminate having to drive out to give estimates.

Also I want to eliminate the tire kickers and price shoppers wasting my time. What are your opinions on this? The guys that have done this, what was your outcome? What are the down falls? Any help or opinions are appreciated.

Thanks Dave...

NewHorizon's Land
11-18-2008, 11:07 AM
I have not done what you are saying but it makes sense. I would not have them preprinted with a price. Instead customize it when you get there. Quickly estimate the property and then hand write it on there. May even write the address on it so they now its for their property and it may make the HO think you spent time to work up the estmate for them.

Just my two cents.

coolluv
11-18-2008, 12:01 PM
Thanks for the reply. Yes thats what I had in mind. I would use a marker to to write in the estimate. I plan on doing quite a few of these, so I don't want to spend too much time evaluating each property. Kinda like a quick quote. Something in the ballpark. Hopefully I can stick to the estimate and not have to raise the price. I want to do these quickly so I won't be actually walking around each property.

Dave...

Turfdoctor1
11-18-2008, 12:45 PM
it has worked well for me. occassionally you make a mistake, and you get a lowball sort of a price. but, for the most part, I've had great success.

only downfall--you gotta do the delivery yourself or trust someone else to do your estimating.

Jarlo
11-18-2008, 08:51 PM
I have a question about advertising. I'm planing on putting an estimate on my advertising for lawn maintenance. In other words, the door hanger will have a place on the back that has a space that says, your lawn estimate is $40. Now I know that its going to be a little hard estimating every lawn correctly, but the reason I want to do this is I want to eliminate having to drive out to give estimates.

Also I want to eliminate the tire kickers and price shoppers wasting my time. What are your opinions on this? The guys that have done this, what was your outcome? What are the down falls? Any help or opinions are appreciated.

Thanks Dave...

That idea has it's ups and downs. Yeah, you won't have to drive out a second time to give the estimate. However, people feel comfortable with having a conversation they're going to hire to maintain their property. Interaction is just a part of the business side, and in my opinion, it's a must. I wouldn't add a price on the door-hangers because of the simple fact that I would rather talk to the person and maybe get a chance to change someone's mind who wouldn't ordinarily hire me.

coolluv
11-19-2008, 05:28 AM
That idea has it's ups and downs. Yeah, you won't have to drive out a second time to give the estimate. However, people feel comfortable with having a conversation they're going to hire to maintain their property. Interaction is just a part of the business side, and in my opinion, it's a must. I wouldn't add a price on the door-hangers because of the simple fact that I would rather talk to the person and maybe get a chance to change someone's mind who wouldn't ordinarily hire me.

Good point, thats why I posted this question.

Dave...

rnd
01-13-2009, 02:08 PM
Go to RNDSIGNS.COM. Economical custom door hangers. Easy to design. RND is leader to green industry for marketing materials. Request FREE marketing book online. Also see hundreds of layout ideas and industry specific photographs to enhance your image online.