PDA

View Full Version : Billy Goat Wide Area Vacuum

Kickin Your Grass
11-18-2008, 09:59 PM
I have model number VQ1002SP with the 10hp briggs. I purchased it in Nov. 2005 and have loved everything about it except the motor. Well the motor took a crap on me today and needs to be replaced.

I went to my mechanic today and he quoted me a price to get the same exact engine put on. I told him I really wanted to go with a Honda this time. He suggested going to smallenginewarehouse.com and getting this one:

http://www.smallenginewarehouse.com/product.asp?PN=GX390QA&desc=Honda%20Engine%20%2013hp%20Horizontal%201"x3-21/32"%20Keyed%20Shaft,%20OHV,%20CIS,%20Low%20Oil%20Shutdown,%20Recoil%20Start

My question is: Will this engine work on it? He says that it will be a great motor for the machine and it won't be a problem getting it to work. He said he might have to drill different holes on the Billy Goat to mount the motor. I want to make sure from you guys before I order this motor, since he isn't a actual Billy Goat dealer.

Mr. Force™, Billy Goat Industries
11-19-2008, 10:42 AM
That's a tough one. The exact engine you are looking for is the GX270K1QA2. It's an off the shelf engine. Remove the spacer under the Briggs engine. The holes should will line up. It's a plug and play and to the best of my knowledge that's all that needed. I haven't personally done this in the field but I've made them here on the assembly line.

Please let me know if there are any other questions.