PDA

View Full Version : I just made my Wisconson Metalworks Power Bucket more powerful

ccstrebe
11-18-2008, 11:05 PM
I've been wanting to do a certain modification to this bucket to make it even more versatile than it already is, but I couldn't figure out how I would do it.

I was looking through the parts cd for my 297C and saw that Cat offered a bolt on grapple kit, this was exactly what I needed to allow me to do the modification that I want to do.

The grapple works great but I am not done yet. I have one more thing I want to do to this bucket and the grapple now makes it possible.

mrsops
11-18-2008, 11:12 PM
How do you like that machine so far?

P.Services
11-18-2008, 11:14 PM
it doesnt look like he has used it yet. its a trailer queen.

Junior M
11-18-2008, 11:17 PM
Look at it, The tracks and rollers are still clean too! Have you even used it yet?

I hope it's not a trailer queen behind that F-150! :laugh:

How thick are those grapple tines? they look purty thin, like they would bend if you put to much pressure on them against something..

Scag48
11-18-2008, 11:17 PM

Oh snap...

In the guy's defense, he can afford a $70K play toy, wish I could say the same.

ksss
11-18-2008, 11:25 PM
Look at it, The tracks and rollers are still clean too! Have you even used it yet?

I hope it's not a trailer queen behind that F-150! :laugh:

How thick are those grapple tines? they look purty thin, like they would bend if you put to much pressure on them against something..

Those Sequaro (sorry I cant remember how to spell it) cactus are not very heavy. Heavily protected, but not very heavy.

Junior M
11-18-2008, 11:28 PM
Those Sequaro (sorry I cant remember how to spell it) cactus are not very heavy. Heavily protected, but not very heavy.
Ok, KSSS you've lost me, what are you talking about?

ksss
11-18-2008, 11:49 PM
Ok, KSSS you've lost me, what are you talking about?

Hopefully for your sake, Obama moma puts an influx of cash into your school system.

Sequaro Cactus is native only to Arizona....... OK I will break this down in SC speak. You know the tall cacti you see in the cowboy movies, the ones that look like a they have arms. Those are Sequaro cactus. They are protected by the State of Arizona. Fines are real heavy for moving or destroying them.

Enough of the Cactus lesson plan.:dizzy:

ARP
11-18-2008, 11:54 PM
Nice bucket! It's getting me thinking....

ccstrebe
11-19-2008, 01:16 AM
How do you like that machine so far?

Picasso, I had to chuckle at that one.

The machine is great, I have 50 hard hours on it and I'm about ready to give an 'Observations Part II' on it. Got to keep it real for KSSS.

ccstrebe
11-19-2008, 01:30 AM

They are not very thick, about 3/8". I suspect it is meant for brush and light demo work, stuff like that. Even the hydraulic cylinder is on the small side, definitely not built for concrete demo work. Most heavy duty grapples are split into two sections with each section having it's own large hydraulic cylinder. But it is excactly what I need for the next step of my modification.

Junior M
11-19-2008, 08:08 AM
Hopefully for your sake, Obama moma puts an influx of cash into your school system.

Sequaro Cactus is native only to Arizona....... OK I will break this down in SC speak. You know the tall cacti you see in the cowboy movies, the ones that look like a they have arms. Those are Sequaro cactus. They are protected by the State of Arizona. Fines are real heavy for moving or destroying them.

Enough of the Cactus lesson plan.:dizzy:
Well, now I know what they look like, and we have better things to learn about than a cactus out west that half the people in the school will never see.. Anyways what is your purpose of this modified bucket, ccstrebe?

ccstrebe
11-19-2008, 09:50 AM
Anyways what is your purpose of this modified bucket, ccstrebe?

As it stands right now, I wouldn't use that grapple much except for maybe cleaning up some brush on my undeveloped properties. But the grapple will be the mechanical means I need to complete my plans for this bucket.

If it works out the way that I hope, it would allow me to do basic track maintenance with a single attachment, thus eliminating the need of having to switch between three implements for just basic maintenance.

bobcat_ron
11-19-2008, 12:13 PM
Now that bucket has to weigh something fierce now.

ccstrebe
11-19-2008, 02:03 PM
A little over 900 lbs.

bobcat_ron
11-19-2008, 03:57 PM
That ain't bad yet. It would be death on my little Pussy.