PDA

View Full Version : turf revitalizer overseeder

drewcille
11-19-2008, 10:59 AM
has anyone used a turf revitalizer overseeder from turf solution and if so i am looking for some feedback on it?

jnrogers
11-19-2008, 12:24 PM
I used one in September. It all depends on how many acres you are doing. I did 13 yards this year , and some were around 2 acres. If you have more than say 3/4 to 1 acre I would use a small tractor with an overseeder attachment. I would also recommend the 9 hp self proppelled. It did produce very good results in what it did.

Runner
11-19-2008, 01:35 PM
Do a little searching on here and you will find a more than adequate aount of positive feedback. I have stated that I have used plenty of seeders before in my time, the Lesco being the last previous, and none can even come CLOSE to what the Revitalizer does - both in ease of use and handling AND performance. as far as doing larger areas, while being in a whole separate category from tractors with larger seeders, doing wider and larger areas really isn't that bad. The Lawn Solutions revitalizer is the only slit seeder that converts to a ride on slit seeder by the addition of a sulky, which it ha NO problem pulling. The machine is extremely agile and maneuverable with the sulky on, as well. You can quickly get in and out around trees and objects with it, as well as having the ability to fit into tight ares, such as gated yards and such. Don't just take my word for it, though...I ENCOURAGE you to look this up and see what other owners and users on here are saying about it. It is in a class all by itself.

cod8825
11-19-2008, 03:24 PM
I have used it on five lawns I rented one from my local rental dealer. I recommend the 9hp as well and it did a fantastic job hands done. Like Jn said if you have a yard bigger than 3/4 acre go with something bigger.

Matt

drewcille
11-20-2008, 04:18 PM
thanks for your feedback matt, joe and jn rogers.

Barefoot James
11-20-2008, 10:08 PM
I would not be in business today without the money this unit generates. Not only money but it will transform people yards and give them the yard they always wanted. I'm good friends with a few other folks here on lawn site in this area that will also verify that the Turf Revitilizer is a great tool that everyone should have if you want to transform yards, bring smiles to your clients faces and earn some good money in the short time frame we have to seed yards. We have now done over 120 yards in the past 15 months with our 9HP unit.

drewcille
11-20-2008, 11:37 PM
thanks for your feedback

cod8825
11-21-2008, 09:36 AM
Alright David I mean Barefoot. JK I am saving money up and hope to buy one in the spring of 2010. Maybe next year depending on how snow goes this season.

Matt

topdog
11-21-2008, 10:23 AM
my exmark dealer has a used one he is trying to sell to me.* my question since i have never used one is what are you guys generally charging per1k for service with this machine?* i know it varies.* i am just looking for a ball park figure. thanks.

DA Quality Lawn & YS
11-21-2008, 12:40 PM
has anyone used a turf revitalizer overseeder from turf solution and if so i am looking for some feedback on it?

So for you experienced folks...what is the biggest advantage of this machine vs, say, a Bluebird slit-seeder? Ease of handling? Quality of results?
I am hearing lots of cheering but lets get some specifics...thanks.

cod8825
11-21-2008, 04:32 PM
DA:

I used a bluebird slit seeder and the lawn solutions and plain and simple I was able to go faster, longer with Turf unit. Blue bird has a good unit but the Turf is simply faster. Also super easy controls.

greenskeeper44
11-21-2008, 05:29 PM
I agree with James. This machine is the best piece of equipment I own. I have used all the other seeders and the Revitalizer is by far the best. It cuts the best grooves, easiest to maneuver, and its fast. Way faster than anyother machine. We are buying a second unit for next year so we can do more yards. For yards over 3/4 acre they have a 13.5 hp ride on 33" i think revitalizer. It is fast. I prefer it over a tractor because it is way faster and you can turn easy and get into tighter areas. We would buy one but we have only done one yard that is over 3/4 acre. So buy one. Don't waste your money and time on any other units.

Runner
11-21-2008, 06:45 PM
And like I say,...with the ability to hook up a sulky, doing larger areas really goes by rather quick. It is a virtual no fatigue task with the sulky attached...believe me I know...I have done whole athletic fields with other walk behinds.:rolleyes:

Barefoot James
11-21-2008, 09:52 PM
Depending on MANY factors you can charge $40 (I would never - people that charcge this may as well give it away - STUPID and not making too much money) to $250 per 1000 sq ft. Obviously you will still make some $$ @ $40 but no guarantees - no extras - drop the seed and get out. At $250 you can offer it all including kill, compost tea apps, myco, top dressing with compost and worm casts and humus. 8 to 10 pounds of pennington smart seed per 1000 - and guarantee results (as long as you are for sure they have the right irregation. So you have a wide range depending on your level of getting it done and know how.
I would say get some yards and a good fall under your belt and charge in the $80 to $120 range and work up - BUT YOU HAVE TO WATER THIS IS KEY NO WATER NO GRASS - PERIOD! Check past threads for more details if you are really interested.

jaybird24
11-21-2008, 09:57 PM
Another gleaming thumbs up here. We too had run Lesco's in the past, rented one of the Turf Revitalizers this spring and bought one this fall. The ease of use, speed, and quality of the finished product are top notch. They are built very well too. If you are going to buy any overseeder this will pay for itself in no time.

Runner
11-22-2008, 04:47 PM
Just another fine example of a company that has done it's research on just what the operator needs, and has done extensive testing on each product put out so far. This company is going to be one to watch. The owner is a stand up guy (along with very interesting) and runs a very tight knit, well managed company. And you think the PRODUCTS being produced are high quality? wait until you experience the support of this company...It is exemplary. We all know just how important support IS on a product, no matter HOW good of quality the product is. If te support is bad, the high quality product is next to worthless. Well, in this case, the support of this company surpasses the already high quality of it's products. Personally, we can't wait to see not only this aerator that is coming out, but some of the other products he has on the board right now, as well.

topdog
11-25-2008, 08:09 PM
just wanted to say thanks for the advice.* i am sick of renting the beat up slit seeder from our local rental store.* i usually have to spend time working on the darn thing to use it...haha.**