PDA

View Full Version : Fountain fixtures....

worx
11-19-2008, 10:10 PM
I need a light fixture for an indoor fountain. I will need various colored lenses also. This will be going in a resturaunt here in town. Any suggestions?

INTEGRA Bespoke Lighting
11-19-2008, 10:18 PM
Can we assume that this fountain is relatively small in size? I know that the Nightscaping Flipper Fixture uses a T5 Wedge Base Lamp and is available with a variety of coloured lenses.

http://www.nightscaping.com/fixt_specs_notemp/flipper_specs.htm

Vista makes a similar fixture but not sure about the lenses.

If you want to spend some more $$$ there are a variety of RGB LED based underwater fixtures that use DMX to control the colour output. But this is more commercial, spec. grade stuff.

Alternatively, you could use a small underwater MR16 based fixture like th Nightscaping Wrightliter and then install the Colorstars RGB LED MR16 lamp inside. This lamp comes with a credit card size IR remote control to adjust the colour output of the lamps.

Hope this helps....

worx
11-20-2008, 08:20 AM
Can we assume that this fountain is relatively small in size?

Yes the fountain is about 8' in diameter. There is no center piece extending upward. There is an internal water ring that cicle's the interior wall that shoots water up and towards the center. The existing lighting system is 120 volt w/3 PAR56 500 watt lamps. The system is old and in need of repair or replacement. The electrician that works there has contacted me for some lights. We are able to mount the l/v trans.(pool and spa rated) under the fountain where it can tied directly into a sub panel. (Is this O.K.)

INTEGRA Bespoke Lighting
11-20-2008, 08:59 PM
Ok, foget the flipper and other such small lamped fixtures. Sounds like you have some depth and water volume to work with. Given that it is indoors there is probably a lot of ambient light. You are going to need some punch to get any effect. At least MR16 lamped fixtures (35 - 50 w) or you might want to consider moving to spec grade fountain fixtures. Hydrel makes some of the best in this category.

Mayor_tx
11-21-2008, 10:12 PM
Check out some of the lights here

http://www.wdmlighting.com/wdmprod/Submersible/submersibleFront.html

They are LED color changing submersibles and they work really well. I've used several in a pond at a restaurant and everyone loves them. On one model you can just plug them in and they will scroll through colors by itself or if you want to get fancy you can get a controller and have them change on your own program.

Hit me back if you have any questions. They aren't that expensive either. Starting at $90 or so per light with no transformer.