PDA

View Full Version : Rip seo

Turf Troll
11-20-2008, 06:22 AM
The search engines get smarter it is evolution. This article and video explains changes to organic search that will be coming.

This is not good news - at least not to me.

New search world (http://www.webpronews.com/topnews/2008/11/17/seo-about-to-get-turned-on-its-ear)

Kiril
11-20-2008, 10:04 AM
Not really news. Google has been analyzing traffic patterns for a long time now and have already incorporated optional location specific searches.

JDUtah
11-20-2008, 12:01 PM
Why does a local service site care about web-wide SEO anyway? To me it should be good news, if you 'prepare'.

Turf Troll
11-20-2008, 06:24 PM
This is what bothers me.

1. Google is now going to tailor the result of what a person finds from typing in a search term from their past search queries.

2. The relevance of your site or how much G likes it will change. Now it has been - get your on-page seo right ( 20% of work) and then get as many relevant links back to your site (80%).

Sometime next year their universal search goes into effect so videos on a site, audio, pictures are supposedly going to be what you need to get your site ranked and then still will that do any good when you think about #1.

I am taking it as their doing away with the value of links back to a site. About a year ago G started to de-index sites that were selling links. A lot lost all the PR they had from buying and selling links. Link directories were hit hard. I had three, selling links for $5 to $30 on the front page or inside page. Some directories went as high as $5000 for one link on the front page. My sites lost all the pr they had.

I started doing video commercials for people this summer. But I did not want to have to do it for my sites. I make more money doing landscaping and lawn care than the internet business. But I get or (before the crash) I would get (in season) 20 to 30 calls a week from new people for work from my web sites. This is a definite threat to my livelihood. Yellow pages, newspaper ads, postcards none got the return the web sites did.

Oh well, guess we will see.

JDUtah
11-20-2008, 07:17 PM
The only constant in this world is change.

Good luck. :)