PDA

View Full Version : Which one

cat2
11-22-2008, 08:11 PM
found this site http://www.discounthydraulichose.com/Hydraulic_Quick_Disconnects_s/235.htm

but i'm not sure what ones i need. i need to take the old ends off the post hole digger. Those ends are the correct ends for the 753. My new s-160 has the "new" connects. I have to take the old ends off the hydraulic hoses that are on the post hole digger and replace them with different ones, so they attach to my s-160, but not sure what ones i need

RockSet N' Grade
11-22-2008, 08:50 PM
All the connections on my hoe and skid and implements for each are flush faced.

bobcat_ron
11-22-2008, 10:39 PM
The only differences in the "older" and "newer" style flush faced couplers are the coating they put on them, more resistance to scratching and an internal pressure relief to release the back pressure that you get when hooking up, those ones are a bit longer, but all flush face couplers mate with each other, unless they are larger or smaller outside diameters.

JDSKIDSTEER
11-22-2008, 11:10 PM
The flat face ends allow the oil to flow better than the old style which helps the oil to run a little cooler due to less friction. The old style are like goes on the back of a tractor which puts out much les GPM.

bobcatuser
11-22-2008, 11:12 PM
The only differences in the "older" and "newer" style flush faced couplers are the coating they put on them, more resistance to scratching and an internal pressure relief to release the back pressure that you get when hooking up, those ones are a bit longer, but all flush face couplers mate with each other, unless they are larger or smaller outside diameters.

Where do you get couplers with "an internal pressure relief". I need something like that for my breaker when it's hot.

ksss
11-23-2008, 02:19 AM
Actually not all flat face couplers are the same. There are two styles of flat face couplers that I am aware of. The current flat face couplers which seem to standard among all skid steer oems has a thicker rib at the end of the coupler. CASE I know in some of the XT machines had flat face couplers with a shorter rib. They had a Parker nomonclature of FF. The current couplers are better in that the thicker rib holds up better to the beating they take on a concrete breaker. The Parker couplers have been problematic. The newest versions are two piece and I have had many of them start to loosen which is a problem since they don't lend themselves to retightening. You have use a pipe wrench to grip the body. I have spoke with Parker and they were aware they had a problem, I had to switch all my attachments over to the new style coupler with my 400 series machines which run the new coupler. Snap Tite is a better coupler. I have never had one of their couplers fail.

bobcatuser
11-23-2008, 12:22 PM
Actually not all flat face couplers are the same. There are two styles of flat face couplers that I am aware of. The current flat face couplers which seem to standard among all skid steer oems has a thicker rib at the end of the coupler. CASE I know in some of the XT machines had flat face couplers with a shorter rib. They had a Parker nomonclature of FF. The current couplers are better in that the thicker rib holds up better to the beating they take on a concrete breaker. The Parker couplers have been problematic. The newest versions are two piece and I have had many of them start to loosen which is a problem since they don't lend themselves to retightening. You have use a pipe wrench to grip the body. I have spoke with Parker and they were aware they had a problem, I had to switch all my attachments over to the new style coupler with my 400 series machines which run the new coupler. Snap Tite is a better coupler. I have never had one of their couplers fail.

Thanks for the info.:drinkup: I will try the Snap Tite coupler on my breaker.

On the Snap Tite web site they advertise the couplers are still interchangeable and will connect with residual pressure up to over 3000 psi.

KRtraxx
11-23-2008, 12:23 PM
Agree with you 100% on the Snap tites...