PDA

View Full Version : Try mine. www.h2ecolandscape.com

Chrysalis
11-24-2008, 10:37 AM
Hey all..

Please check out my sitre and tell me what you think! I love good and bad input so be totally honest ok! :)

Marc

www.h2ecolandscape.com

KACYDS
11-24-2008, 11:17 AM
Beautiful pictures. The site is wonderful, not cluttered, easy to navigate, very thought out. I give it a A+:cool2:

JDUtah
11-24-2008, 12:53 PM
The home page does 2 things...
1- it talk about your company over and over again
2- it tells the customer what they should think problems are with other companies

Neither of those helps motivate the customer to buy from you. The customer is only interested in themselves! They could care less about your company or your competitors. Tell them how they will be benefited by hiring you...

You are close, but you told them ‘things’ that you offer that 'can' benefit them... tell them specifically their benefits, but leave it vague enough so they can imagine how good you will be...

If you are saying "we" or "our company" without immediately following it up with "you" and "your", you are only halfway there.

KACYDS
11-24-2008, 12:59 PM
The home page does 2 things...
1- it talk about your company over and over again
2- it tells the customer what they should think problems are with other companies

Neither of those helps motivate the customer to buy from you. The customer is only interested in themselves! They could care less about your company or your competitors. Tell them how they will be benefited by hiring you...

You are close, but you told them ‘things’ that you offer that 'can' benefit them... tell them specifically their benefits, but leave it vague enough so they can imagine how good you will be...

If you are saying "we" or "our company" without immediately following it up with "you" and "your", you are only halfway there.

Great points, never thought of it that way.

JDUtah
11-24-2008, 01:17 PM
Great points, never thought of it that way.

I failed to mention it does look very well done. Good job! Colors fit nicely together. Just enough dynamics to feel professeional. Clean.

Two more suggestions then I'll let you go.

The Menu on the Services page seems to have a bug. I looks like a paragraph is floating? they overlap each other. See pic.

Second, I suggest you put your name in the title of each page. That way searchers that have seen you around locally, that have seen any branding you have done, will see your company name in the search results. Something like "H2eco - Services" instead of just "Services".

Anyways looking good. I hope it brings you tons of business!

David

WebMan
11-24-2008, 01:20 PM
I agree wholeheartedly, I just re-wrote someone else's home page the other day on here, didn't you read the WHY of what I gave them as examples.
Plus CAN THE MISSION STATEMENT UNLESS YOU ARE A MISSIONARY.

I can think of NOTHING a customer cares about less than "your mission" I mean think about it, a lawn company on a mission :dizzy:
Does that mean you attack a lawn like D-Day?

Just kidding but read the re-write sample I did to just show how turning words like yours around can make them selling points instead of boring points and remember "features tell-benefits sell"!

Kiril
11-25-2008, 11:23 PM
"features tell-benefits sell"![/B]

I disagree, and I haven't even looked at the site yet. A "mission" statement is a good place to detail your work ethic + food for spiders.

Kiril
11-25-2008, 11:37 PM
I shouldn't have to say it .... VALIDATE YOUR CODE and take the validation conformance image off the site until it does. This is probably less your fault and more the fault of the template unless you have modified it, built it yourself, or added your own marked-up content.

CSS appears to validate for the pages checked.

Code is poorly structure .... and that is being kind, given it has no structure.

Little or no conformance to accessibility standards.

Probably other things, not really judging content here but what I did read I have to agree with JD. Too much horn tooting and ego stroking, probably will drive some customers away.

Nice to see someone savvy enough to use resources available from the open source community. Please contribute something in return if possible.

Kiril
11-25-2008, 11:39 PM
The Menu on the Services page seems to have a bug. I looks like a paragraph is floating? they overlap each other. See pic.

Pointing out a bug means nothing without an OS type and version, and browser type and version. :nono:

JDUtah
11-26-2008, 02:37 AM
Pointing out a bug means nothing without an OS type and version, and browser type and version. :nono:

My bad...

Browser: IE7

But it seems to be fixed now.

Isobel
11-26-2008, 03:09 PM
That's very nice, its clean and informative. the pictures are very crisp!

Just a few things:
1. your home page, and the "about" page pretty much seem to convey the same info. I would combine them, or make them stand apart more.
2. in the gallery, see if you can't remove the image filenames, jus for a cleaner appearance.
3. on the "services" page, maybe put all of your services in bullet point at the top, and then list them below. The way you have it now, if the viewer wants to know about Water Feature services, they have to scroll through all your other services and descriptions before even finding the water feature section.

I've found the people don't want to read about services they don't need.

just my 2 cents. =)