PDA

View Full Version : Grease Gun Sticks

catflyer
11-24-2008, 02:53 PM
I am embarrassed to ask this, but have little experience with a grease gun. When I grease the fittings on myZTR the gun is hard to get on the fitting, and then really hard to get off. Am I doing something wrong? Is it the angle? Thanks, Brian

karlgrooms
11-24-2008, 03:42 PM
You should be able to adjust it...at the tip turn it right to tighten left to loosen the grippers that are just inside the tip end. You might have to hold the top and bottom of the end to keep from taking it off.

catflyer
11-24-2008, 05:03 PM
Thanks! I'd used the same gun on my trailer, and it worked fine, but someone else has used it since, and I couldn't figure out why it was so hard to use on the mower. I'll get a new tube of grease Wed. and winterize the mower.

jkingrph
11-25-2008, 10:42 PM
You should be able to adjust it...at the tip turn it right to tighten left to loosen the grippers that are just inside the tip end. You might have to hold the top and bottom of the end to keep from taking it off.

I would hate to admit how many years it took me to learn this.

eatonpcat
02-05-2009, 01:05 PM
[QUOTE]I would hate to admit how many years it took me to learn this. [QUOTE]
Got you beat, I just learned now!!:hammerhead:

Jay Ray
02-06-2009, 02:57 PM
Still, when you got that one zerk that you have to stand on your head and reach your left arm through two handholes, use an old gun that is well worn.

Valk
02-09-2009, 11:00 AM
Prolly a given...but use a gun with a flexible hose - making the whole chore a lot easier to reach the fitting's/tip's as well as removal.