PDA

View Full Version : IronPlant.....VTS

RockSet N' Grade
11-24-2008, 08:56 PM
IronPlanet auction tomorrow.....6 sets of vts tracks for 262Cat and 246Cat compatible......just thought I would give a heads up. Will also be interesting to see sales prices of all the KittyCat stuff......

NEUSWEDE
11-24-2008, 10:33 PM
Thanks for the heads up doesn't look like they will fit my 5640. Referenced the loegering site and don't think they will work but can't really figure it out.

stuvecorp
11-24-2008, 11:00 PM
Will be interesting to see what they go for, keep us in the loop.

ksss
11-24-2008, 11:12 PM
Thanks for the heads up doesn't look like they will fit my 5640. Referenced the loegering site and don't think they will work but can't really figure it out.

You might want to email or call Loegren. You might be surprised.

stuvecorp
11-24-2008, 11:34 PM

It can get confusing, you have the small frame with two different size tracks and the large frame set. Best bet is to get as much info and call Loegering.

KRtraxx
11-25-2008, 09:11 AM

The sets from the 246 Cats will fit your 5640 Gehl..You may have to do some reconfiguration..But thats not a big deal..You will have everything you need with a set off the 246,s.. Make sure they are 18" sets..I wouldnt recommend the 15" set on the 246 OR the 5640..To much HP for the small frame sets..Have tried this and not satisfied with the results I've seen in hard use applications..Have sold many many sets since the day they were introduced.Will always give you an honest opinion on whats good or not good about them...
Make sure you check track band condition..The first sets sold cracked early but still seemed to hold together ok for many hours of hard use..But they sure looked like heck...

NEUSWEDE
11-25-2008, 11:03 AM
The sets from the 246 Cats will fit your 5640 Gehl..You may have to do some reconfiguration..But thats not a big deal..You will have everything you need with a set off the 246,s.. Make sure they are 18" sets..I wouldnt recommend the 15" set on the 246 OR the 5640..To much HP for the small frame sets..Have tried this and not satisfied with the results I've seen in hard use applications..Have sold many many sets since the day they were introduced.Will always give you an honest opinion on whats good or not good about them...
Make sure you check track band condition..The first sets sold cracked early but still seemed to hold together ok for many hours of hard use..But they sure looked like heck...

Yea just checked before I read this and loegering said the same thing. Not sure what width they are doesn't explain anything. Looks like the pictures are the same for both the 246 sets.
Do you have any used or demoed sets for sale. I would go new but just would rather get my feet wet with a used set before dropping the big bucks.

NEUSWEDE
11-25-2008, 03:42 PM
I am now part of the VTS Club thanks again for the heads up rockset

Scag48
11-25-2008, 04:48 PM

Sweet, let us know how it works out. How has the 5640 treated you as a whole?

stuvecorp
11-25-2008, 04:52 PM

Welcome to the club!

NEUSWEDE
11-25-2008, 05:48 PM
Sweet, let us know how it works out. How has the 5640 treated you as a whole?

the 5640 has been a great machine, I have about 300 hours on it in a year and half and hasn't had any problems. Starts fine in the cold and runs and lifts everything I use it for. Best decision I have made, but I did my homework before purchasing it. the visibilty on it is really great.

Now out with the over the tire tracks and time for the VTS, they won't go on till spring as wheels are needed in the winter for snow work in the parking garages, which is why the vts is the best option for me.

Thanks Stuvecorp will get pictures once they are on and in action. Have a big job in the spring that they will be perfect for and many other jobs they will make life easier.

AMCAT
11-25-2008, 07:01 PM
Let the Club see some pics with your VTS installed :weightlifter::cool2:

KRtraxx
11-26-2008, 08:52 AM
the 5640 has been a great machine, I have about 300 hours on it in a year and half and hasn't had any problems. Starts fine in the cold and runs and lifts everything I use it for. Best decision I have made, but I did my homework before purchasing it. the visibilty on it is really great.

Now out with the over the tire tracks and time for the VTS, they won't go on till spring as wheels are needed in the winter for snow work in the parking garages, which is why the vts is the best option for me.

Thanks Stuvecorp will get pictures once they are on and in action. Have a big job in the spring that they will be perfect for and many other jobs they will make life easier.

Wait till you see what this machine will push and lift with that VTS on it..Your going to be amazed..The Gehl 5640(6400#) and Mustangs 2076(6414#) are close to the top of the list in their size class for wheel torque# .(there are some exceptions and some that are very close Bobcat S300 5957#,Deere 325 5680#,Case 465 6012#,Case 445 5004,#NH 190 6332# Cat wont post their wheel torque numbers due to the anti stall I think.(Lots of these are bigger units than the Gehl or Mustang))Even the little lowly 50HP Mustang 2054(a 1650# rated machine) puts down 5800# wheel torque..When combined with the VTS it makes an awesome combination...
Neuswede I sent you a PM..I think it might be against Lawn Sites policy for me to post any specific prices on here....Not sure, but dont want to make a mistake...

RockSet N' Grade
11-26-2008, 06:29 PM
Neusweede....I have the 5640T with VTS on it and it is enjoyable. The only thing I do not like about the VTS system is that I had to get a new bucket to cover the increased track witdth and now all my implements for my skid have to be one size larger than the 72's.

NEUSWEDE
11-26-2008, 06:40 PM
Neusweede....I have the 5640T with VTS on it and it is enjoyable. The only thing I do not like about the VTS system is that I had to get a new bucket to cover the increased track witdth and now all my implements for my skid have to be one size larger than the 72's.

Yea I never thought of that but I remember seeing that on the spec sheet that over all width was like 77"

Guess there will be 2 5640T with VTS on Lawnsite now. Did you have to modify anything? I was told that the tie down have to be removed but mine are up under the rear no where near where the vts would be.

Looking forward to running them. should have them in a week.

RockSet N' Grade
11-27-2008, 10:44 AM
No modifications mechanically. Slap 'em on. The only modification was to the frown on my face which turned upside down into a big smile.....world of difference with tracks....no more sore body parts and better machine performance.

KRtraxx
11-27-2008, 11:33 AM
Some of the earlier 40 series Gehls rear tie downs were loops that protruded out behind the rear wheels.These were in the way on some VTS installs and had to be bent down or removed..If yours had them underneath the rear body,no mods need be done..
Dont run them overly tight.It will make them pull way harder..But you dont want them racheting under heavy load either..Normally about 2 inches slack between the track and the rollers at the farthest point when the machine is lifted off the ground by the bucket in front..Your going to love the diff they make..
My next request from Loegering is a 18" VTS set for the high HP machines that is designed with an internal drive like the "40 Plus"(60 HP and down) is and an ASV/Cat style track pattern.. They would sell at least 50% more tracks in this catagory for the guy who wants less ground disturbance and a smoother ride... The 40 Plus is an incredible performer..You really need to drive one to appreciate it..Another benefit is the internal drive style tracks pull a lot easier....