PDA

View Full Version : Your safe in a takeuchi

Dirtman2007
11-26-2008, 09:49 PM
I overheard a phone conversation that my boss was having with a fellow he knows, well his buddy has a takeuchi TL 130 Skid steer full cab everything. The machine probably has 150 hours on it maybe. Well yesterday he was taking it to a job, pulling it on a tandem axle trailer behind a pickup truck. For some reason be managed to miss about 5 signs that said 1: "low bridge ahead", 2: Low Clearance, 3: use other routes, 4: WARNING 8' 6", 5: your a dumbass... the bridge will win.

Sure enough he missed all 5 signs and plowed the roof of the skid steer into the bridge completely stopping the truck, which was probably going 30 +MPH:hammerhead: Would you believe that it only popped the back glass out, did not even break it, just popped it out of the rubber and put a small dent on the back of the cab. But it F'ed up the trailer big time. Bent the entire frame beyond use again.

I'm going to have to get some pictures one day.

Like Ron said, takkies are built like tanks!

all ferris
11-26-2008, 09:51 PM
I would've liked to hear the noise that made. I'll bet he crapped himself when it happened. How did the bridge fair?

Scag48
11-26-2008, 09:52 PM
Holy crap! :eek: Lucky he didn't toast anything other than the trailer, but the guy sounds like a goof. Oh wait, that sounds like something my dad would do.

Junior M
11-26-2008, 09:56 PM
Holy crap! :eek: Lucky he didn't toast anything other than the trailer, but the guy sounds like a goof. Oh wait, that sounds like something my dad would do.
:laugh: Sounds like something my brother and my dad would do.

Did the machine even move? I can imagine how doing 30mph would bend the frame, maybe the tounge..

CAT powered
11-26-2008, 10:00 PM
These, gentlemen, are prime examples of why you shouldn't put idjits in trucks.

:hammerhead:
http://i99.photobucket.com/albums/l290/maj_massacre/Picture028.jpg

The driver of this truck is now on truck #3 since he started working in August.:hammerhead::hammerhead::hammerhead::cry:

Junior M
11-26-2008, 10:02 PM
The driver of that truck would be lucky to have a job after truck number one, much less number two, especially if the hieght of the truck was plastered on the side like that..

Dirtman2007
11-26-2008, 10:03 PM

The driver of this truck is now on truck #3 since he started working in August.:hammerhead::hammerhead::hammerhead::cry:

I find it rather funny that the height of the box is clearly written on the side in big black letters
HEIGHT 10' 6"

Ummmm... boss The truck didn't make it under the bridge:nono:

Scag48
11-26-2008, 10:04 PM

Idjit, what a great word

So I take it the next truck will be # get another job dumbass?

CAT powered
11-26-2008, 10:10 PM
I made a new thread for this discussion so as to not hijack Dirtman's thread.

bobcat_ron
11-26-2008, 11:09 PM
God bless those Takeuchi's.

coopers
11-27-2008, 08:34 AM
CAT POWERED, did you fire the moron?

CAT powered
11-27-2008, 12:16 PM
No. Not yet. He's good on the equipment and has his personal truck back now. The first one, which is pictured, was entirely his stupid fault. The second one he was run off the road so I don't blame him entirely for it. It's still cheaper for me to have him wreck 2 trucks than to hire someone that isn't as good on the equipment and have them wreck just one part on the equipment. In total I'm out about 4500 dollars because of his little accidents. Insurance didn't cover either.

I'm hesitant to fire him because he was originally from Georgia where he was married. He moved up here with another woman and is in the process of divorcing the first one. The second accident scared him sh*tless. The cop told him that if he'd hit the tree one foot more to the right or hadn't been wearing his seat belt he would've been dead. Well right now he's starting to go to church again and he's turning his life back around so I really don't want to mess that up.

coopers
11-27-2008, 07:11 PM
Well right now he's starting to go to church again and he's turning his life back around so I really don't want to mess that up.

Huh, well time will tell. ;) But you're there and I wasn't so I can't judge too much I guess.