PDA

View Full Version : Employee screw up's

CAT powered
11-26-2008, 10:09 PM
The title explains it all. If you have pics that is preferred, but just the story is appreciated as well.

Here's mine. Both the same guy.

http://i99.photobucket.com/albums/l290/maj_massacre/Picture028.jpg

I think that pic is pretty self explanatory. Truck + Low bridge = TOTALED

http://i99.photobucket.com/albums/l290/maj_massacre/Toys002v2.jpg

This screen is very simple to run. It's a 5 step process.

1: Start the big ol CAT in it and let it warm up.
2: Start the fines conveyor.
3: Start the trommel.
4: Start the feed conveyor.
5: Go to work.

He forgot step 2. He loaded up the conveyor under the drum with all the dirt you see at the close end of the machine. It took the two of us about 3 or so hours to clean it all out and get it going again.

The hydraulic pump for that belt is a weak link in the machine and it breaks every 1200 hours or so and causes the same problem. I had just replaced it not even a full month before he did this.

Dirtman2007
11-26-2008, 10:18 PM
It's just pretty much me and the boss so there's very few screw ups.
I cant really think of anything lately other than when he got the daewoo stuck last week. That's probably the worst one that's ever happened.

http://i473.photobucket.com/albums/rr98/Letsdig/003-3.jpg

JB1
11-26-2008, 10:19 PM
dang, I hate muddy shoes.

Junior M
11-26-2008, 10:20 PM
Hmm lets see, had a guy lay the spud bar down that he was using to tamp the dirt under the pool steps and dad was pushing dirt from just on the other side of the pool and the guy laid the spud bar down in the cut, and dad made his next pass on the 190 and we can now tamp around corners, course we had to find it, buried 2 feet deep in the over dig.. that was fun to dig out..

At the job we are working on now wiring houses for a guy, we sent him to the house by himself to work all day and the GC told him to see if there was any wire to the flood lights in the attic, the employee went up saw there was a new work box with no wire at one corner and wire with no new work box at another corner, well he went up there looked around found that and then left a few minutes later and never called me or dad to tell us that the flood lights needed wire to them and that the A/C and insulation guys were coming in the next two days. Well Me and dad went to the house sunday, suppose to have inspection Monday, to button everything up and we find out the guy didnt put the wire for the flood lights in, we actually found out that the GC wanted the flood lights just then and the helper had been told, and we now have duct work and 3ft of insulation and a vaulted ceiling to deal with to get wire to the corner, so guess who got to come out to the job that day and wade through the insulation? Not me! and not dad, the helper did.. This guy is no longer on our "call when you need help list," for other reasons..

srl28
11-26-2008, 10:26 PM
Had a guy take a utility pole on a tight turn with one of my 7 1/2 x 18 enclosed trailers, ripped the right front wheel off, taking the fender and axle with it. Amazingly no body damage other than the fender but the front axle was bent and needed to be replaced. Axles for the trailer had to be made at the factory and shipped, taking a nice 3 weeks to get to me. What a pain, told me he swerved for an oncoming car he didnt see before making his turn. After some detective work lol he was on his phone and didnt make the turn wide enough at all or properly.

bobcat_ron
11-26-2008, 11:11 PM
I got a good screw up with my Cat while lifting a bucket on video, but I'll edit it tomorrow, the sand man is calling me.

CAT powered
11-26-2008, 11:24 PM
Note to mod: If you're going to edit my title can you please edit it without the apostrophe since it isn't a possessive? Thanks.

-CAT

Gravel Rat
11-26-2008, 11:41 PM
I spent hours repairing peoples screw ups for the two companies I worked for it drove me nuts.

Dirt Digger2
11-27-2008, 10:18 AM
my biggest screw up was a snapped the axle in our F800 going up a hill with full load on it...then slowly backing it down the hill to a level area the pieces from the broken axle inside the pumpkin managed to chew apart all the bearings and somehow got to the 2-speed as well

all in all a $4500 mistake:cry:

bobcat_ron
11-27-2008, 10:30 AM
Here's mine, I swear, this is the first and only time this happened with my Cat, I wanted to show off the lifting power of the 247B2, lifting a bucket that weighed more than it's 50% tipping ROC.
http://i160.photobucket.com/albums/t178/rdj07/rdj-digi-vids/th_screw_up.jpg (http://s160.photobucket.com/albums/t178/rdj07/rdj-digi-vids/?action=view&current=screw_up.flv)

Junior M
11-27-2008, 10:54 AM
Did you hurt the bucket Ronny? :laugh:

I am guessing your not putting that on youtube?

Ps. Have you started your winter ditch cleanings yet?

bobcat_ron
11-27-2008, 11:54 AM
Did you hurt the bucket Ronny? :laugh:

I am guessing your not putting that on youtube?

Ps. Have you started your winter ditch cleanings yet?

It hurt my pride, but not my body, thank God for the suspended undercarriage.
I made that clip awhile ago in September. And no, ditch cleaning is put off until next spring.