PDA

View Full Version : Gone in 60 seconds

YellowDogSVC
11-26-2008, 11:11 PM
135 last time i wieghted myself with my rocky slip-on's on! :laugh: But seriously I hope they do something(bobcat), I was looking at some pics of the cab set ups from back in the 90's and other than the shape of the cage and the dashboard nothing has really changed...

Quite a bit has changed..

I spend A LOT of time in Bobcats. Since '97, I've owned and operated 2 863's, a 773, s250, s220, 3 s300's, and s330. I have liked all the cabs except the original 863c I had with a hard as nails seat and completely open cab. I can't complain about the G series cab now that I figured out how to seal it up and get the sound proof packaging and suspension seat that works. I work in very, very rough terrain and I think Bobcat has a fine product now that I have the hp I've always wanted in the S300 sized frame. The cab could use better visibility but if you know what you are doing, you can work with it. Sure we all want more room for this and that but I'm a BIG man and spend A LOT of time in my machines and I'm comfy as hell. Bobcat has finally got the A/C to work good even on hot days and the heat works right whereas a few years ago it was tough to switch between the two in all my machines. I don't overheat with a mulcher anymore and other than the visibility issue and some dust, I like the cabs and hope they don't go to girly.

I put 200 hours on a CAT 272c. That was a comfortable cab but that comfort came with a price. You had no where to keep gloves or this or that because of the air seat and the way the cab was designed. Sure it had a cup holder and cell phone holder but it is right near the door and subject to dirt everytime you get in or out. Kick your cell phone on the ground a few times and you will install a suction cup holder on the glass.
The CAT style cab was comfortable and I felt like I was in an excavator but I never felt steady or even sturdy in that cab. Sure the air ride was awesome but if you wanted the cushion you had to set it to bounce which made me feel tippy even if the machine was planted firmly. CAT's visibility was good to the ground but I also felt like there was too much glass (MY A/C had to work real hard in the summer sun) and I felt like the door glass especially would be broken in the woods if you weren't careful so I went with Lexan.

Hopefully Bobcat will take a lot of the good and add to it not just copy CAT's design. I have some information that I do not know is accurate for sure but it comes from a dealer. It gives me hope that the cabs will be nice for sure on the new machines but heck, after 8 years of G series machines, I finally figured out where the dust is getting in and I also figured out that not all suspension seats work right out of the box. I already had mine replaced and WOW, what a difference the right seat makes in rough terrain.

So, we will all play the waiting game like we did with the C series CAT's and the soon to be released Kubota CTL and the new ASV's that everyone wanted to see. Bigger isn't always better and techological advances can mean more headaches too. I know everyone wants new and improved but I'm slowly starting to realize that when you have something that ain't broke, don't fix it. I have traded out way too soon and buried myself in debt for years keeping up with the Joneses and machinery trends until I figured out that that entire villages are excavated and unearthed by archaeologists using nothing more than a spoon!

We'll see what the new year brings..for sure.

Junior M
11-26-2008, 11:17 PM
I am happy with the open ROPS T190 we rent now, I am not that great on the grading part with the foot controls, I would love to have the ACS control set up, the seat is the big killer for me oh and not having a cup holder, usually when I am in the skid, I am in it for a long time and I would like to have a place to make myself comfortable, be able to take my cell phone out and put it there, put my sun flower seeds in a little holder thing, there are just some places I think Bobcat could work on on the inside of the cab..

stuvecorp
11-26-2008, 11:23 PM
I agree that the machines can get to much technology. Comfort is good but if the machine isn't as productive or reliable then what is the point? We may be in for interesting times as the skid evolves.

YellowDogSVC
11-26-2008, 11:24 PM
I am happy with the open ROPS T190 we rent now, I am not that great on the grading part with the foot controls, I would love to have the ACS control set up, the seat is the big killer for me oh and not having a cup holder, usually when I am in the skid, I am in it for a long time and I would like to have a place to make myself comfortable, be able to take my cell phone out and put it there, put my sun flower seeds in a little holder thing, there are just some places I think Bobcat could work on on the inside of the cab..

For a lot less than a new machine you can install a couple of "cups". I picked up two at Wal Mart. Holds a sandwhich, bag of chips, and my cell phone clips to the outside.
My gloves fit neatly by my side with some wet wipes in a ziplock. My XM is suction cupped to the left upper glass and I have a mirror next to the keypad on the right.

Can't get much more comfy. I also have a hook where I keep a "california duster" to keep windows dust free. I like a clean cab..

My other Bobcat had two holders for this and that. I keep my drink next to seat but could easily install a cup holder like I had in my boat (folds up).
Like I said, I have sat in the cadillac for 200 hours and after having to go back to Bobcat, I have found that I am actually very comfortable and not as sore as I thought I was (blaming the Bobcat). I just had a bad seat and a leaky cab. I fixed all of that and it made a world of difference for productivity. It isn't perfect but neither is my Lariat F350. Even the upgrade leather seats don't fit right in that truck yet my suburban and expedition and my '08 f350 are very comfy. I am learning real quick to make do and mod things to work for me without being too cheesy about the add ons.

Junior M
11-26-2008, 11:29 PM
For a lot less than a new machine you can install a couple of "cups". I picked up two at Wal Mart. Holds a sandwhich, bag of chips, and my cell phone clips to the outside.
My gloves fit neatly by my side with some wet wipes in a ziplock. My XM is suction cupped to the left upper glass and I have a mirror next to the keypad on the right.

Can't get much more comfy. I also have a hook where I keep a "california duster" to keep windows dust free. I like a clean cab..

My other Bobcat had two holders for this and that. I keep my drink next to seat but could easily install a cup holder like I had in my boat (folds up).
Like I said, I have sat in the cadillac for 200 hours and after having to go back to Bobcat, I have found that I am actually very comfortable and not as sore as I thought I was (blaming the Bobcat). I just had a bad seat and a leaky cab. I fixed all of that and it made a world of difference for productivity. It isn't perfect but neither is my Lariat F350. Even the upgrade leather seats don't fit right in that truck yet my suburban and expedition and my '08 f350 are very comfy. I am learning real quick to make do and mod things to work for me without being too cheesy about the add ons.
Once we get a machine, hopefully with a cab and radio, I will add things like that, but for me the open rops machine could have some improvements made to it, just like maybe using that wasted space beside of the seats to put some little storage compartments with some drains so you can rinse them out when you rinse out the inside. and I am not sure about the seat, have to sit in another, or con one from my mechanic buddy to put in it one day if its hard to swap out.. :laugh:

As for an enclosed cab I have no clue, I have never even ran a machine with a cab, I have sat in them but never ran one..

all ferris
11-27-2008, 08:29 AM
On my T200 I cut a nice piece of oak and put it across the ledge by the back window. This way I can use the "ledge" as a storage pocket. Just have to be careful not to cover up the HVAC intake too much. I also keep a small cooler between my legs on the floor. And Sirius is on the upper left window.

Spent too many 24 hour periods plowing snow before I figured out everything I need. Still wish I had pilots and sound reduction.

Junior M
11-27-2008, 08:56 AM
Spent too many 24 hour periods plowing snow before I figured out everything I need. Still wish I had pilots and sound reduction.
Thats a must when I get a machine, I am pretty good with the regular controls, but I can get almost there on grade with the H-control pattern, and dad hates joysticks for grading, he eleminates all hand work with regualr hand and foot controls, so the ACS package is the best of both worlds for us..

bobcat_ron
11-27-2008, 10:06 AM
What the hell is thread for?

JB1
11-27-2008, 10:19 AM
What the hell is thread for?

Its gone in sixty seconds, come on now keep up with the program. :walking:

bobcat_ron
11-27-2008, 10:26 AM
OK, I got it now, it's too early in the morning for me.

RockSet N' Grade
11-27-2008, 10:41 AM
BobCatRon........I think this thread was specifically designed with you in mind.......to tantalize and twist you into taking more than your regular amount of "meds" and to prompt you to reconfigure your monikers......Poof!.......I'm gone!, less than 60 seconds to post this........happy turkey day all........

YellowDogSVC
11-27-2008, 10:53 AM
On my T200 I cut a nice piece of oak and put it across the ledge by the back window. This way I can use the "ledge" as a storage pocket. Just have to be careful not to cover up the HVAC intake too much. I also keep a small cooler between my legs on the floor. And Sirius is on the upper left window.

I tried the cooler but I have big calves and need to stretch:laugh:

YellowDogSVC
11-27-2008, 10:55 AM
OK, I got it now, it's too early in the morning for me.

It's the dam cats. Watching all that bouncing is killing brain cells.

stuvecorp
11-27-2008, 10:59 AM
It's the dam cats. Watching all that bouncing is killing brain cells.

The kitty cats will suck the like out of ya.

That's why dogs rule.

Junior M
11-27-2008, 11:00 AM
I am thinking this thread is to continue talking about my "Where is it?" thread that got deleted, and talk about the improvements that could be made? and anything else we were talking about in the "New bobcats?anytime?" thread, I have no clue.. But I can deal with the messing with Ron! :laugh:

(I just cant go with out making a sarcastic statement in just about every thread I post in)

all ferris
11-27-2008, 04:44 PM
I wonder if the MODS here don't think we get a little mad when they delete out threads? I mean, we only speak the truth. The MODS got to realize that if we go else where so will the advertisers.