PDA

View Full Version : do you allow advertising on your enclosed trailer

subzero
11-27-2008, 09:39 PM
I'm thinking of getting an enclosed trailer and then seeing if I can get some companies to advertise on the side of it...
I would keep the middle section over the wheels and part of the back ramp for for myself..

any thoughts ??
any thoughts on prices ??

has anyone did this before ??

send your pics to me subzero@mcsnet.ca

THANKS

Right Touch
11-28-2008, 10:05 AM
im sure there is alot of paperwork to go through... I was thinking of asking Red Bull since my guys drink it all day every day. I should buy stock in that drink...

procut
11-28-2008, 08:35 PM
I'd just use it for advertising myself. IMO advertising others would be kind of wierd.

subzero
11-28-2008, 09:42 PM
I was think maybe my local Kubota dealer, and maybe the huskavana dealer

Tyler7692
11-28-2008, 10:24 PM
I'm in business to form a brand. MY brand.

EpicPaul
11-29-2008, 03:36 PM
I would keep it for yourself, I find that out of all my advertising yellow pages, ad in newspaper and stuff that my enclosed trailer gets me the most calls. I was amazed after I got my trailer done how many people called and said, " I saw your trailer parked down the road and was wondering if you could give me an estimate?".

Big C
11-29-2008, 04:40 PM
Got a few guys in my area that advertise for their mower dealer....you may want to try that and workout a deal with your dealer,in exchange for dicounted parts or labor.

NewHorizon's Land
11-29-2008, 11:41 PM
Equipment brands maybe other Co's no

juspayme
12-03-2008, 05:52 AM
i never understood why brickman didnt advertise on their trailer. their equipment and trucks dont look very nice

ryry278
12-04-2008, 09:44 AM
I think it is a pretty good idea. Getting an enclosed trailer this winter and might look into that. Atleast talk to my dealer see if he wants to work out a deal

B & B Yardscape
12-09-2008, 10:36 AM
Good luck with that. How many of you had to buy the hat you are wearing with someone elses logo on it? Yes, some give you a hat when you purchase or at a show, but some of you paid to advertise someone else's product.

You are advertising their product evertime you open the door and the mower, blower and trimmer come out.

Put your name, logo & info on it. If you feel strongly enough about a product, then put the stuckers in a corner.

12Valve
12-10-2008, 01:11 AM
I think if you have a landscape related ad that would be okay like a big stihl decal but a redbull decal is a different story

kootoomootoo
12-10-2008, 11:15 AM
Why it doesnt happen.

What happens though when your one of your employees is caught selling crack at the local diner to children and your trailer is plastered all over the front page of the newspaper.

See lawsuit.

B & B Yardscape
12-10-2008, 11:30 AM
Why it doesnt happen.

What happens though when your one of your employees is caught selling crack at the local diner to children and your trailer is plastered all over the front page of the newspaper.

See lawsuit.

So you don't put your name and phone number on your trucks just incase this might happen?

DUSTYCEDAR
12-10-2008, 11:35 AM
gooo luck with getting them to pay you for anything
if you do great but i dont think it will happen.

HOOLIE
12-10-2008, 12:04 PM
I think it would work best with local businesses...places where you share the same type of clientele. Maybe not even exchange any money, they slap their name on your trailer and you get to stick your business cards and flyers inside their store. I really can't see Exmark or somebody bothering with some small LCO, and as far as dealers go, pretty much we all know where the local shops are anyway, probably no point in it.