PDA

View Full Version : South Florida recommendations

GreenT
11-28-2008, 12:26 AM

One of my best clients recently bought a property in Hollywood, Fl and wants me to redo the whole landscape. This will be a substantial project planned for March of next year.

I need recommendations for wholesale nurseries (shrubs, perennials, annuals, color flats), a good source for quality large trees and palms, and mulch suppliers. I'm particularly interested in nurseries specializing in unique, rare tropicals also.

Any help will be appreciated.

GreenT
11-29-2008, 12:17 AM

Anybody?....

tamadrummer
11-29-2008, 01:00 AM
Contact Treegal, they are just north of Hollywood and should know some good contacts.

I was born in Hollywood Memorial but I have not lived there since the late 80s early 90s and was not doing this back then.

Make sure to put some helicona in there.

Good luck!

GreenT
11-29-2008, 02:03 PM
Contact Treegal, they are just north of Hollywood and should know some good contacts.

I was born in Hollywood Memorial but I have not lived there since the late 80s early 90s and was not doing this back then.

Make sure to put some helicona in there.

Good luck!

Thank you.

Does anybody else have any recommendations?

CkLandscapingOrlando
11-30-2008, 08:47 AM
Fngla or betrocks plant finder will give you all the suppliers you could dream of

GreenT
11-30-2008, 01:06 PM
Fngla or betrocks plant finder will give you all the suppliers you could dream of

Thanks Ck.

Chrysalis
01-03-2009, 05:18 AM
Hey GreenT. Wow were right near eachother.. Anyways if you still need plants go see Stan at Everglades Botanicals for big trees he gives some of the best prices ever, for smaller plants goto the people at Black Olive East Nursury / Living color in hollywood. Also try Native Tree Nursury in Homestead for anything and everything. Youll find some of the best prices on anything in Homestead. If you ever need rock or boulders go to Larry's Cap Rock down there also.

These are the places I goto all the time and they definitely have the best selection and prices. if you want some good ideas on plants I could help you with that too!

Marc