PDA

View Full Version : Worker's Compensation

NatesLawnCareLLC
11-28-2008, 01:17 AM
I just had a quick question about workers compensation. I am thinking about expanding my business but I would like to get a rough estimate of how much workers comp is going to cost me. Is there somewhere I could look to find some IA workers comp. estimates?

allinearth
11-28-2008, 07:31 AM
Ask your insurance provider for a quote.

AI Inc
11-28-2008, 07:53 AM
somewhere between 3-5% of your payroll.

Right Touch
11-28-2008, 09:00 AM
in NJ workers comp will cost 4% of your payroll for strictly lawn maintenance and up to 10% for construction. Make sure you designate which employees work where, and if YOU only do administrative work (estimating, accounting) make sure you are put into that category.

AI Inc
11-28-2008, 09:03 AM
in NJ workers comp will cost 4% of your payroll for strictly lawn maintenance and up to 10% for construction. Make sure you designate which employees work where, and if YOU only do administrative work (estimating, accounting) make sure you are put into that category.

Be carefull with that, beleive it or not a lot of times administrative ( office ) positions will be higher then lawn maitanance due to carpel tunnel syndrom from being on a pc all day.

Right Touch
11-28-2008, 09:18 AM
not sure if that is a joke or not, but it is kinda funny. I'd rather have aches and pains from actually doing the work then carpal tunnel from sitting at the computer all day. I think thats just the nature of most of us. At any rate, with my insurance company an administrative postion is much less than the laborers.

AI Inc
11-28-2008, 09:19 AM
Its no joke, I was shocked to find out myself.

baddboygeorge
11-28-2008, 10:27 PM
mine is $ 6.69/ per hundred dollars of labor cost