PDA

View Full Version : they got me, they took my 16 ft trailer

Mondragon Lawn Serv
11-28-2008, 09:35 AM
Hey guys they got me this time and they got me good they stole my 16 footer trailer i'll post some pics but those who live in houston, txas please let me know if you see it it's distinct by that the jack is bent and the gate is larger then most a 6 footer gatehere are some pics of it so let me know if yall see anything
here's my link of pics from before http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=252147
and here's another
http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=252218

F3Nelso
11-28-2008, 10:28 AM
Good luck with that

I had the same thing happen a long time ago, but mine still had 3 mowers on it!

Never saw any of it again

Theives should have their hands cut off for every offense, could only steal twice like that.

Magnum Services
12-03-2008, 06:21 PM
Just curious, but were these trailers hooked to trucks or just sitting on your property? I occasionally drop my trailer at the gun shop who is a customer and has lots of outside cameras and employees who are off duty cops have never had anyone bother anything.I hate thieves,better to deal with liars than thieves. Sorry to hear about your losses.

Mondragon Lawn Serv
12-03-2008, 08:42 PM
the tailer was hooked to the truck and secured with locks on the tires and on the hitch so they had to cut off two locks to take it and the jack wasn't working so they needed some man power since my Doberman and my pitbull and all my neighbor dogs never barked at all so they were extremely quite but but what can we do it happens. i'll be getting a new one really sone an 18 or 20 footer with 7000 lbs axels

richard1103
12-04-2008, 07:34 PM
the tailer was hooked to the truck and secured with locks on the tires and on the hitch so they had to cut off two locks to take it and the jack wasn't working so they needed some man power since my Doberman and my pitbull and all my neighbor dogs never barked at all so they were extremely quite but but what can we do it happens. i'll be getting a new one really sone an 18 or 20 footer with 7000 lbs axels
they must have had some hotdogs and xanax for the dogs:sleeping:

CAT powered
12-04-2008, 09:35 PM
What kind of locks were on the trailer hitch? I know one of the site sponsors sells some pretty heavy duty trailer locks. I've got one and a thief would have a hard time getting it off without either getting killed by dogs or waking me up.

integrityman
12-04-2008, 10:52 PM
Im feel bad for you. Some lazy, piece of excrement violated you. Ive been there. What a sickening feeling you get when you see that your stuff is gone. Spread your pics around to your friends and relatives, keep your eyes open. There are some really good trailer locks on the market.

blk90s13
12-05-2008, 06:25 AM
Good luck with that

I had the same thing happen a long time ago, but mine still had 3 mowers on it!

Never saw any of it again

Theives should have their hands cut off for every offense, could only steal twice like that.

AMIN to cutting thier hands off thats how its down in Saudi Arabia

http://www.jihadwatch.org/dhimmiwatch/archives/019661.php

Magnum Services
12-05-2008, 10:27 AM
I leave mine locked to my truck all summer. I live in a neighborhood where zoning allows me to park in front of my house which is on a dead end street with about twenty cops as neighbors and have NOT had a problem. My big concern is where I store my trailer during snow season,after hearing thieves will go through that much trouble I will have to re-think my trailer security . Did your insurance take care of you in full ? Has anyone tried those wheel boots like the cops use ?

Den69RS96
12-11-2008, 08:14 PM
too bad you didn't have lojack on the trailer.

Looking Good Lawn Service
12-11-2008, 11:28 PM
Sorry to hear about your trailer, I have never seen a high sides open trailer here in RI, but it looks like a nice trailer, good luck in the future with your new one, lock it up like crazy or get a really good insurance policy on it.

STIHL GUY
12-21-2008, 09:31 PM
that sucks. i hope you get it back

MileHigh
01-08-2009, 06:26 PM
man that sux..nice trailer too.

one question...was your equipment on it as well?

Mondragon Lawn Serv
01-08-2009, 06:37 PM
man that sux..nice trailer too.

one question...was your equipment on it as well?

oh no if it was i would be dead since i have no back up mowers, that would devastate me even with my insurance since it would take a while for everything to be done with the insurance and the police department.

MowHouston
01-29-2009, 12:26 PM
You should check into getting an alarm for your trailer...

I know it sounds silly but it can be pretty cheap.

Those little mopeds these days that alarms on them that, when shaken even slightly, squeal like a mother....

I always thought that if I used a trailer I would put one of those under the neck of the trailer. They run off of batteries too I believe. Key fob on your key chain enables/disables it.

At least it would be some sort of protection/deterrence if something gets moved.

MowHouston
01-29-2009, 12:28 PM
Just looked at something... Maybe something like this. Looks neato...

http://store.cargotrailersales.com/cargo/details.php?ITEM=2406797

EDIT:

Found this one too. Not sure how it all works though:

http://www.lawnservicealarm.com/index.html