PDA

View Full Version : 8-10 selling days left !

David Gretzmier
11-29-2008, 09:31 AM
OK guys, now is crunch time. get those signs out and pick up the impulse buyers. There are still 5-10 customers out there who will hire you if they can find you. In this economic climate you guys might consider hanging those nasty customer lights, and try to upsale them next year or sell a wreath or two this year.

I took on one this year hanging her wreaths, and I am hoping to grow her into a landscape light client and purchaser of our wreaths. My last sale of the year is typically dec 8-10, so there is still time and hope to pick up customers this year. answer your voicemail quickly and get those bids done. call back folks you have bid or those that missed appointments.

GO TEAM !

TexasFire221
11-29-2008, 04:41 PM
I agree! I did NOT want to put up customer lights. I decided to go ahead and do the job. He had tons of crap stuffed in totes. He didnt have enough of his "Wal-Mart" garland so he bought $700 worth of mine. Turned out to be a nice job!

David Gretzmier
11-30-2008, 12:10 AM
occaisionally the frustration of dealing with old product will get you a reward of a wreath sale or two.

I am against hanging customers product, but faced with finishing up this year on the 3rd or 4th, with trucks, trained guys wanting to work another week or so, and halfway decent weather, you start to reconsider if you are leaving money out there you could have made. I have never finished install this early ever. But, we have put up more jobs than we ever have, and had an awesome run of great weather. We have done more in new sales in the past 2 years, so I am still hopeful for 3-5 more jobs over the next week.

I only have 2 more appointments scheduled, but the phone did ring some today and I set one appointment out of the bunch. I will be calling back folks I did bids early on that have not hired anyone yet, to see if they are interested in some "after Thanksgiving" sales.

David Gretzmier
12-04-2008, 09:51 PM
Thought I'd give you guys a quick update- we've picked up a few customers since my last post, and we are sitting at 35 new for the year. Tomorrow is the 5th, and we've got 3 jobs going up, my house is finally going up, several repairs, and that's about it. we will be done except for service calls. I may give all the guys the weekend off unless I close some stuff tomorrow. Although I am happy with the year, I still believe I can close another job or two, so signs are going out tomorrow, and I am calling a few folks tomorrow with end of the year "deals". I figure If I can sell something that is sitting in my warehouse for something, it is better than nothing and waiting a year for the money.

evergreenedmond
12-04-2008, 11:34 PM
Dave you seem like you've got your stuff together, I'de like to see some pics of some of your work. Preferably some tree wrapping. We do quite a bit of it, we've been going since mid September, but the trees here on the planes aren't all that big. We've done a few over 50' but nothing too crazy.

David Gretzmier
12-07-2008, 02:22 PM
I do a few tightwraps, but mostly the only thing I do on trees is tightwrap the trunk and then do the top with either corkscrew or brandy snifter with a painters pole . In my market the folks are willing to pay a premium for thier home but not trees. I do bid it all the time, but rarely get the work. even tightwrapping smaller trees seems to be out of the budget for most, even the wealthier clients. I love the effect of beautiful trees, but I cannot seem to find the sweet spot of it being profitable for me and a value for the client.

evergreenedmond
12-07-2008, 05:49 PM
I know what you mean, I love getting calls about people wanting to save money by just wrapping their trees. I have a pro photographer going by to take pics this week, hopefully I'll have time to post them. We sold 3 more jobs yesterday that should get us through the end of this week then hopefully we can shut down for the year.

advanced irrigation
12-07-2008, 09:17 PM
i wish i could do this all year round, love the customers, love the work, love the time of year! trees are the money for me:cool2: