PDA

View Full Version : Hi

waterscaper
11-29-2008, 12:55 PM
New here and looking forward to talking and learning from all of you.

TRILAWNCARE
11-29-2008, 01:03 PM
Lets see some picutes of your work. Everyone on here loves picutes. Welcome aboard

waterscaper
12-01-2008, 07:40 PM
I,ll see what I can find.

waterscaper
12-01-2008, 07:44 PM
That one was fun we put in a 50 ft = dam with air and two waterfall filter inlets approximately 30,000 gph during ( lets show off times) and 7500 gph the rest of the time. Bill

Venturewest
12-01-2008, 08:17 PM
This forum gets a little bit dead some times. Takes some good new projects to get things going. That is a big feature. Really nice.

How are things going in your market?

TRILAWNCARE
12-01-2008, 08:37 PM
Nice work.

waterscaper
12-01-2008, 09:03 PM
The market is about the same out here . one guy is going out of bus. and 10 miles away another guy is steady. I think the guys that have been in longer are better equipped for this type of thing,whether its a long cust . base to work off of ,or embedded name recognition. the newer guys seem to be hit the hardest. We are way below any expected numbers, but working steady.

KACYDS
12-02-2008, 03:44 PM
Awesome pics, What are those 3 trees, in the second picture?

XStream Aquatics
12-04-2008, 07:27 PM
Are the customers happy with the pea green soup?

waterscaper
12-04-2008, 10:50 PM
This photo was taken about two weeks after completion,in march.The water clarity is now pretty good . you can see down about 4 1/2 ft and now the area is all grass covered

TRILAWNCARE
12-04-2008, 11:22 PM
Waterscraper: You obviously know water features. I installed a fountain in my front yard, what is the best thing to use to keep the water clean?

The water overflows the fountain into the 10' diameter base that it sits in. So there is a couple hundred gallons in the base.

waterscaper
12-06-2008, 11:06 AM
This is one of those loaded questions. Short answer I know of no 100% way or product that will keep it clean. Some fountains may only need water changes and others will require anti algae treatments or scrubbing . Its a game of try this then try that. Sorry

TRILAWNCARE
12-06-2008, 12:00 PM
This is one of those loaded questions. Short answer I know of no 100% way or product that will keep it clean. Some fountains may only need water changes and others will require anti algae treatments or scrubbing . Its a game of try this then try that. Sorry

I have seen some different chemicals at Menard's for fountains. Didn't know if they are a waste of time. I suppose they are some sort of anti algae treatment.

I didn't know if pool chemicals would work better, or something similar. The local farm store has some pond chemicals. I would imagine this is some pretty harsh stuff if a gallon will treat a large pond.

I have a sump pump rigged up with a screen filter that circulates the water in the base. It picks up the dead bugs and filters out some of the algae. But I need to clean the screen every couple of days or the flow will drizzle down to nothing. Thought if I could stop the algae from developing, I would eliminate some of the maintenance.

If there was one thing as far as chemicals you would suggest to use. What would it be?

Thanks for any info you can provide.

LPS Pools
12-06-2008, 06:36 PM
Trilawn,

There is a product we use on pools and waterfeatures (without fish only) called
"GLB Algimycin 2000." This is a general algae preventer. It gets really warm here in the summer and this works great to prevent algae on most all features, even without filtration. For 500 gallons or less usually does 2-4 ounce every other week. This however will not typically kill large amounts of existing algae. It can be ordered online or look for something similar. Also depending on what type of fountain it is, you could use chlorine tablets inside a tablet floater and place it in your sump area.
Hope this helps,
Dan

n2h20
12-08-2008, 01:57 AM
how come every one talks about killing algae and not correcting the problems that cause the algae to grow. algae tends to grow when the pond water is dirty, or full of nutrient. By removing the nutrients the algae would have less to grow on,
killing algae is fighting mother nature. work with her.. not against.

TRILAWNCARE
12-08-2008, 08:49 AM
Trilawn,

There is a product we use on pools and waterfeatures (without fish only) called
"GLB Algimycin 2000." This is a general algae preventer. It gets really warm here in the summer and this works great to prevent algae on most all features, even without filtration. For 500 gallons or less usually does 2-4 ounce every other week. This however will not typically kill large amounts of existing algae. It can be ordered online or look for something similar. Also depending on what type of fountain it is, you could use chlorine tablets inside a tablet floater and place it in your sump area.
Hope this helps,
Dan

Thanks for the information.