PDA

View Full Version : paint color

wright5223
11-29-2008, 05:52 PM
I was wondering if you guys have changed your paint color, I just bought a new 36 stander, and my other mowers a 32 and a 52 and they a shade yellow different I washed it and waxed it and it seems not as bright as the new mower. :weightlifter:

WrightCommercial
12-01-2008, 09:48 AM
wright5223,

It has been over a year since our powder coat supplier changed and there was a slight difference in the make up of the powder, also the color seems to darken slightly over time and takes on more of a orange tone. It seems to be the nature of the powder coats as the earlier wet paint versions tended to fade more to the yellow color.

Best Regards
Wright Mfg. Service Dept.

wright5223
12-01-2008, 11:52 AM
Good to know Thanks!

heybruck34
12-02-2008, 10:00 AM
Can I buy touch up paint from my dealer? I have some chips on my Sentar I'd like to cover up over the winter. I'd rather not have to color match it- a spray can with the proper Wright Yellow would be great.

WrightCommercial
12-03-2008, 09:04 AM
heybruck34,

Yes, any of our dealers can sell the Wright mower orange aerosol touch up paint. If they do not have it in stock it can be ordered using part number 93990003.

Best Regards

South Florida Lawns
12-04-2008, 11:16 PM
Yeah the wheels on my new unit are more orange than the rest of the machine.

WrightCommercial
12-05-2008, 09:38 AM
South Florida Lawns,

Yes the wheels are slightly different in color. We provide Carlisle with the paint code and the supplier but it's hard to get an exact match when its applied in different systems. Usually just a slight difference in the cure temps used will cause variation in the end result of the color.

Best Regards

daveyo
12-09-2008, 05:35 PM
Very good thread I actually came here looking for the touch up paint, and as always Wright answers in a timely fashion.

ilc79
12-09-2008, 11:34 PM
I purchased a new 60 zk today and the touch up paint didnt cover good and was real runny in a sherwin williams can.

WrightCommercial
12-10-2008, 08:33 AM
ilc79,

Some of this issue is using a wet paint to address chips or scratches in powder coat. When touch ups are done for chips we usually use something to dab the paint into the chip instead of spraying the paint on. We usually will spray the end of a zip tie and use the paint drop on the end to fill the chip. For more major touch ups as with any spray can paint you will want to do multiple light coats and it also helps to scuff the area slightly prior to applying the paint which will help the wet paint adhere to the surface otherwise it will tend to run off.

Best Regards

pugs
12-11-2008, 11:33 AM
I purchased a new 60 zk today and the touch up paint didnt cover good and was real runny in a sherwin williams can.

Why are you using touch up paint on a new machine? :confused: