PDA

View Full Version : Pics of Deere 50D and hyd valve

Construct'O
11-30-2008, 10:25 AM
Weather has changed here,so took a few pictures of the 50D and the diverter valve mounted on the boom with the electric switch in the cab.

Talked to the mechanic that installed the valve and asked about the push button on the end of the switch? He said when pushed in that you could run the thumb and the attachment(or two attachments) at the same time if needed.Not sure when you would need to do that,but??????

As you can see got snow;):usflag:

Junior M
11-30-2008, 11:27 AM
Whats that white stuff? ;) :laugh:

How many hours do you have on it?

bobcat_ron
11-30-2008, 11:39 AM
Looks like you got the cloth seat option!

SellingIron
11-30-2008, 12:46 PM
What that thumb setup cost ya installed???

Mr. Rain
11-30-2008, 01:10 PM
That's a Fassi valve. Just in the process of putting one on my 3203 tractor to add a rear SCV off the bucket control valve from the dual mid SCV bank. Pretty slick. I'm thinking of using a different switch that I can mount a little cleaner in the dash instead of the box it came with. I can't think of a situation where I would ever need the "both at once" button, so I won't wire it in with one.

wanabe
11-30-2008, 01:39 PM
So could i use a valve like that to run my hydraulic coupler on my ex?

Construct'O
11-30-2008, 07:47 PM
Yeah we have snow!!!!!!!! Snowed all last night and today.Still trying to spit a little now.

The thumb setup was figured in with the price of the machine with the extra valves for the auxil and flow valve.Didn't get picture of the auxil flow valve it is behind the leftside panel behind the cab.Didn't want to take the panel off for know.

The flow valve was a factory valve,but had to have the dealer mount it with the factory rocker switch in the dash panel.Will post a few more pictures later showing th rocker switch.

I would think that you could use the valve for your hydraulic coupler.They just tee'd into the thumb lines.There is a button on the end like i said for if you want to use it for two thing at once.

When the button is for just one thing ,you flip the toggle swith left or right to use the thumb or the auxil.So you can switch back and forth from thumb to auxil without getting out of the cab.:usflag:

bobcat_ron
11-30-2008, 08:31 PM
I'll bet that valve would be real handy on a skid steer, being able to tun my tilt tach with the combo bucket.

Gravel Rat
11-30-2008, 08:42 PM
I would have a aluminum cover made to project the electric selenoids from damage.

Do you have enough hydraulics to operate the thumb and attachements plus use the machine ?

You slap Volvo decals on the machine you never could tell the difference :laugh:

You can get the muli control for the machine Deere has them for the fullsize machines. They have a trigger for closing the thumb a button for opening the thumb and a few extra buttons for what ever.

ksss
12-01-2008, 02:26 AM
Very nice set up.

coopers
12-01-2008, 03:38 AM
Nice looking machine. Especially in the snow! How come Deere hasn't put the thumb control on the right joystick yet? I remember the Deere I used had it's thumb control on the floor, but for some reason I thought Deere didn't do that anymore.

JDSKIDSTEER
12-01-2008, 08:31 AM
Thanks for the pics. I have never plumbed like that before. Whats that white stuff? Cloth seat is standard on cab unit.

JDSKIDSTEER
12-01-2008, 08:32 AM
Nice looking machine. Especially in the snow! How come Deere hasn't put the thumb control on the right joystick yet? I remember the Deere I used had it's thumb control on the floor, but for some reason I thought Deere didn't do that anymore.
Look for joy stick thumb control soon.

wanabe
12-01-2008, 01:03 PM
where can i order a valve like that to fit my old 690 ELC? My deere dealer wanted $2300 for one, but i think it is was over priced?

RockSet N' Grade
12-01-2008, 01:56 PM
Thanks constructo!..........now, since boobcat ron mentioned it, that plastic seat cover over the new cloth seat has a rip in it......want me to send you some "ultimate repair" namely duct tape ( choice of colors available......grey or grey ) to patch that up? :)

bobcat_ron
12-01-2008, 02:48 PM
Thanks constructo!..........now, since boobcat ron mentioned it, that plastic seat cover over the new cloth seat has a rip in it......want me to send you some "ultimate repair" namely duct tape ( choice of colors available......grey or grey ) to patch that up? :)

If that seat gives you butt problems, you can swap it out for a Bobcat seat, just re-drill the holes with a 1/4" bit, and move the new holes 1/4" iniside the old ones, some one also told me that you can drop an air ride seat in there from a tractor.
The higher you can get that seat, the more leg room you "feel" like you are getting.

Construct'O
12-01-2008, 10:56 PM
The valve on the 50D probably wouldn't flow enough for the bigger 690 machine.I'm not sure,but think the valve is made by this company
http://www.forceamerica.com/

Might check them out.

Rock thanks for the offer ! Will get seat cover sometime here soon.The factory plastic ones never seem to last forever.Darn it!!!!!

Ron hopefully don't have to replace the seat right away,but who knows:confused::usflag:

Construct'O
12-06-2008, 10:33 AM
Here is a picture of the switch on the dash panel for the aux flow valve,plus one of the thumb and bucket.

They have beefed the thumb and buckets up from the early models.It is i believe quite heavy built.

Hard to see the bucket with the mud on ti,but that all we have to work with here.Altho it is turning hard from the cold weather:):usflag:

bobcat_ron
12-06-2008, 11:49 AM
Now that's a thumb, ours doesn't have quite the round shape to it, but it is saw toothed.

Junior M
12-06-2008, 06:23 PM
The contractor that is building the new gym for our school is doing all the grading and misc. crap with 2 50D's, they are some heavy machines, me and a couple buddies sat in the dugouts during gym and watched them grade, wow is all I can say, no not that there quality is spectacular, more like their quality sucks..

I would like to run a Deere mini, they look like some heavy built machines..

P.Services
12-06-2008, 06:25 PM
what did they whack you for that $? 60ish? i got a price for a loaded 80d thumb & three buckets for 110ish.

Dirtman2007
12-06-2008, 07:30 PM
what did they whack you for that $? 60ish? i got a price for a loaded 80d thumb & three buckets for 110ish.

Why would you spend that much for 80d size machine. I could buy a NEW 2008 Volvo 210CL excavator with 6 hours on it for $130,000 first thing monday if I wanted too at my volvo dealer. They are ready to wheel and deal.

P.Services
12-06-2008, 07:44 PM
oooooh trust me no way in hell im gona spend that on a MINI. just got a price. i cant see spending 60k on a 50d i could still get a low hour 200 class machine for that kind of $.

im looking at a 3,600hr pc78mr-6 for about 25k.

bobcat_ron
12-06-2008, 07:50 PM

Same here, the new Hitachi ZX75/80/85 Dash 5's were already over the $110,000 mark.

P.Services
12-06-2008, 07:57 PM
they are a little to proud of the new machines, i cant see to many selling now

ksss
12-06-2008, 08:56 PM
If your pricing a machine by the pound the more the machine weighs the less it costs per pound (to a certain point). The issue is if you could use a bigger machine you probably would. Thats not always possible, so you find yourself needing machines like an 80. I spent 60 on my 153, I could easily have bought a used 160 for that same money, but all that size does me no good for what I needed an this excavator to do. Saying that you could buy a 210 for about what a new 80 would cost is really irrevelent. The only differences between these machines is more steel and larger components, but what is needed to make an excavator is still present in both and so are the costs. Making them bigger costs a little more but it not proportional to the size of the machine. If it were, given an 80 costs 110 a 210 should cost about 240,000. That would likely make everyone feel better about a 110K 80 sized machine.

soopa
12-07-2008, 09:05 AM
Deere mini's are so damn sexy.

bobcat_ron
12-07-2008, 11:43 AM
Deere mini's are so damn sexy.

They just lack leg room and a large door entry for us big-n'-sexy crowd.

But they sure do beat a Bobcat!

soopa
12-07-2008, 11:49 AM
I haven't used one, I'm sure they have their flaws like anything else... I'm just going on looks alone. Mean machines!

AWJ Services
12-07-2008, 11:55 AM
But they sure do beat a Bobcat!

So does a Shovel.:drinkup:

Scag48
12-08-2008, 03:59 PM
So does a Shovel.:drinkup:

Oh ouch. Zing!