PDA

View Full Version : Terrible Economy

Rufscape
11-30-2008, 12:39 PM
How are you guys dealing with this terrible economy and how do you think it will effect us? Steve

Springmeadows
11-30-2008, 02:02 PM
The bad economy has really hurt us here. Our unemployment is 9.25% and doesn't figure in the self employed, which most people here are either retired or self employed.

I am trying to figure out what next year is going to bring and how long to hang in there before closing up. It's a long time till Spring.

Grandview
11-30-2008, 04:56 PM
Its time to lower business taxes and get rid of regulations that encourage businesses to ship jobs overseas.

AintNoFun
11-30-2008, 05:11 PM
Its time to lower business taxes

guess you didn't hear about results of the recent election, lol...

Grandview
11-30-2008, 08:01 PM
guess you didn't hear about results of the recent election, lol...

Heard of them and did not like the results. But I stand by my statements. We need to let people keep more of the money they earn, especially the job creators and lower corporate taxes and get rid of excess regulations. But we were told by the President elect that 95% of the people would get a tax cut.

rcreech
11-30-2008, 09:42 PM
Unfortunatly...only time will tell! I was down in the dumps for a while, but now I am feeling pretty good as I think it will turn around!

Keep your head up...and remind all of us to!

A very good friend of mind on this site said something I will never forget:

"A man that is not afraid to work, will never go hungry".

Remember that and you are good to go! That is what I am living by anyway!

Marcos
11-30-2008, 10:02 PM
But we were told by the President elect that 95% of the people would get a tax cut.

This mathematically can NOT happen, without our country going into an impossible financial bankruptcy toward the nations of world that currently bankroll our capital reserves, (right now, principally communist China:cry:).

Marcos
11-30-2008, 10:04 PM
Unfortunatly...only time will tell! I was down in the dumps for a while, but now I am feeling pretty good as I think it will turn around!

Keep your head up...and remind all of us to!

A very good friend of mind on this site said something I will never forget:

"A man that is not afraid to work, will never go hungry".

Remember that and you are good to go! That is what I am living by anyway!

G'night John-boy!!

cod8825
12-01-2008, 10:34 AM
Look it is hard right now I won't deny that. When times get tough the tough get going. One of the things that we did this year when we thought and started to hear how rough the economy was going to go. We wen't out and bid a bunch of government contracts for mowing, cleanups, landscaping work. This has given us huge increases in work while the commercial side stagnated. Maybe you need to get out of residential into commercial. Maybe you should get into government contracts. Use your head think different offer a new service. 2009 will be an even better year for us. I know it is not easy but I believe we can all do it.

Matt

DA Quality Lawn & YS
12-01-2008, 12:24 PM
Economy's terrible?? Thats what the media pounds in our heads anyway....

I had a very solid year business wise, good growth, and interest for next year. No cancels so far on my existing contracts. Hopefully some of you all are having the same....

Personally, GREAT time to buy stocks...not all at once, but dollar cost avg in some companies with solid balance sheets and ride em out over the next 3 years or so (or longer). Gas prices are DOWN - this is a positive, albeit will probably be temporary.

Look at things as half full, not half empty.

lawn king
12-01-2008, 02:52 PM
Lots of companys here in the northeast are hoping for some serious snow revenue this winter, ourselves included.