PDA

View Full Version : New Series on Cable TV

ccstrebe
11-30-2008, 08:45 PM
Check out "Speed" channel on cable right now. They have a new series called "Factories". Right now they are showing how Peterbuilts are made and up next is John Deere and after that is Caterpiller. Looks intersting.

Junior M
11-30-2008, 08:47 PM
Check out "Speed" channel on cable right now. They have a new series called "Factories". Right now they are showing how Peterbuilts are made and up next is John Deere and after that is Caterpiller. Looks intersting.
I have watched the Caterpillar one before, it is built or sold at a Finning cat dealer, you can see the decal on the truck through out the show..

kreft
11-30-2008, 09:00 PM
what time does the show come on?

Junior M
11-30-2008, 09:02 PM
The john deere one just started if your on the east coast..

Bleed Green
11-30-2008, 09:16 PM
its 8 pm here and the john deere show just started.

Bleed Green
11-30-2008, 09:36 PM
It would be cool if they would have a show on loaders and skid steers maybe some other heavy equipment.

bobcat_ron
11-30-2008, 10:24 PM
The whole 8 episode series started here this morning at 10AM PST, the Deere, Cat and Pete's were the best of the bunch.

Junior M
11-30-2008, 10:26 PM
The whole 8 episode series started here this morning at 10AM PST, the Deere, Cat and Pete's were the best of the bunch.
They keep showing the shows until 4am here.. screw that, i am not staying up that early to watch them make cars, and motorcycles...

Mowingman
11-30-2008, 10:28 PM
This is a good series, however, these are reruns from last year. The Peterbilt factory is in our town. I know a lot of the people they showed building the trucks.

bobcat_ron
12-01-2008, 10:32 AM
I'll bet the Winnebago plant is hurting right now!

IA_James
12-01-2008, 11:10 AM
They've been laying off people, and closed one of their plants. Don't recall how many people affected right off hand. Saw the JD and Cat one, seemed pretty cool.

ccstrebe
12-01-2008, 12:08 PM

I agree. Being that I am in manufacturing I was really able to appreciate their processes. Every one of our machines/processes are computer controled. That plasma cutter that JD had for cutting out metal parts is basically the same thing we have for cutting out wood parts. Of course on a smaller scale and it uses a router and drill bits instead of fire.

Here is a video link from the manufacturer of my machine. http://www.delmac.com/video_CNCRouter_newloadunloaddevice.htm