PDA

View Full Version : Florida Sales Tax?

lawnmaniac883
12-01-2008, 12:59 PM
Just went to LLC and am trying to get everything together that I need to be 100% legitamate. Have everything worked out except for the sales tax. My company does mostly maintanance services but at times installations. Any Florida guys out there already figure this one out? There seems to be a big grey area on collecting sales tax for performing a service tried a search but came up empty handed? Thanks guys.

fool32696
12-01-2008, 02:13 PM
My accountant said that I don't need to collect tax for maintenance. On installs I just pay tax on the plants when I buy them so that I don't have to collect it from the customer.

tamadrummer
12-01-2008, 02:33 PM
. On installs I just pay tax on the plants when I buy them so that I don't have to collect it from the customer.

Yes, as long as the install is not itemized. You have to sell the install as a service and not list what you are selling them within the receipt. This is what both accountants that I use have advised me on anyway.

I don't collect tax and don't plan on it. Just mark up the materials to where you need them to be for the install and account for your time.

Waterit
12-01-2008, 05:52 PM
As long as you pay sales tax on your materials at the time of purchase and don't itemize the materials on your billing, you're good to go. Use "plant installation" rather than "install (3) viburnum".

And don't waste time applying for a resale number, you'll regret it in the long run (I own the T-shirt).

lawnmaniac883
12-01-2008, 06:29 PM
Thats exactly what I was looking for guys, thanks alot!