PDA

View Full Version : QuickBooks2001 Question

DMAN
02-19-2002, 05:04 PM
I am currently using Quickbooks 2001 and I am wondering if it is possible to assign "per cut" prices to each individual customer on my invoice. I want to be able to have that price come up every time i go to invoice that customer for the month so i don.t have to enter it in every time in the column that says "price". Does it have something to do with "price levels"" with a customer?? I tried this but then it lists the" per cut" prices in a drop-down list(when you click on the "0.00" in the price column) so you still have to choose the "appropriate" price for Mrs.Jones when you invoice her. I hope this is clearly explained at what I am trying to get at!! Any help would be greatly appreciated . Thanks for all replys.

DMAN

fshrdan
02-19-2002, 06:40 PM
dman, I don't think it can be done. I've fooled around with that idea too. Now I just keep the prices for customers in custom fields, so I can pull it up when I forget.

PAPS
02-19-2002, 08:49 PM
i also have quickbooks, what I do is just make an estimate for each customer with that per cut prive in there... then I click invoice, and it says something like "do you want to use the estimate as an invoice?" i hit yes, and then the price per cut pops up... hope that helps

lawnMaster5000
02-20-2002, 01:29 AM
i really like that estimate idea, but i just use memorized invioces and have a different item for each customer. ie. mr Goedeker's lawn is $35, so i create an item mowgoedeker @$35.

simple enough and tracks a per cut, then you can do 4 of those and memorize that for a month if you want or whatever combination that you choose. Actualy now i use statement charges tho, rather than invoices.

lamblawnscaping
02-20-2002, 11:30 AM
Good point lawnmaster5000,

Statement charges are much easier for recurring charges than invoices. I think it is easier to type in the price than to scroll through over a hundred items (one for each customer). We use statement charges for maintenance and invoices for jobs that require a detailed breakdown of costs involved. Hope this helps.