PDA

View Full Version : Bucket

NEUSWEDE
12-02-2008, 08:55 PM
With adding the VTS I will need a bigger bucket for my Gehl 5640 just looking for peoples take on what would be a good option. The width will be 77" so I have looked at an 80" low pro dirt bucket for $1400 quick attach and I looked at an 78" quick attach 4in1 bucket. Is the 4in1 worth it? I want a grapple but not sure if the 4in1 will be an equal replacement for the grapple. The quick attach 4in1 was $3800
just looking for opinions

Junior M
12-02-2008, 09:15 PM
Why dont you go rent a 4n1 from a dealer and try it out before you drop the extra money for one..

For some things I like the 4n1 and then for the other things I just feel it aggravating, and in the way but for moving small amounts of brush it is pretty good because you can just keep crunching it up and then grab it, but it will never keep up with a grapple for things like that. I do like it for grading and backfilling in small areas because you can push all around and when you have that little bit left over you can just open up and grab it and be done, and it is nice for backdragging small areas because you can do the same thing, just pull it back and then open up and grab it..

P.Services
12-02-2008, 09:18 PM
i would get a dirt bucket and a grapple. dont get a quick attach get a Bradco, they are the best!! i have one and it is tuff as shat.

bobcat_ron
12-02-2008, 09:25 PM
A grapple is superior for brush and logs, a combo is good for light grabbing and dirt hogging.
My guess would be the grapple and combo, forget the regular buckets.

Dirtman2007
12-02-2008, 10:11 PM
If you get a grapple, I would recommend this type. I can't think of the name but it's got a big "S" logo on the side of it. I've tried other grapples and have bent/ broke them all, this one has taken a beating and still works great.
http://i228.photobucket.com/albums/ee145/Letsdig18/003-59.jpg
http://i228.photobucket.com/albums/ee145/Letsdig18/Picture164.jpg

Junior M
12-02-2008, 10:14 PM
Its Solesbee Dirtman..

Heres a link to there site-- http://www.solesbeesequipment.com/flash/index.htm

Dirtman2007
12-02-2008, 10:21 PM
Its Solesbee Dirtman..

Heres a link to there site-- http://www.solesbeesequipment.com/flash/index.htm

Thanks

I don't know who makes this bucket but it's a tak bucket as you can tell. I think it's an 80" one yard bucket. I've got over 600 hours or so on this bucket and have not even had to flip the cutting edge yet. It's been great bucket!

http://i228.photobucket.com/albums/ee145/Letsdig18/Picture146.jpg

P.Services
12-02-2008, 10:22 PM
thats a bradco bucket. last i heard bradco makes all the buckets for taki but cant put ther name on them.

Dirtman2007
12-02-2008, 10:27 PM
thats a bradco bucket. last i heard bradco makes all the buckets for taki but cant put ther name on them.

Huh, that interesting. It's a tough bucket, I've had 3000+lbs boulders in the bucket and it does not have the first dent in it.

Junior M
12-02-2008, 10:29 PM
Yeah, its a bradco, if you go to bradco's website and look at the pics for high capacity dirt buckets it looks exactly like that one, with BRADCO in the place of taki..

minimax
12-02-2008, 10:38 PM
I would get a 4 in 1 and not a dirt bucket. I have 4 in 1 on both my CTL and tractor.I paid $2500 for a 78" deere 4 in 1.Bradco stuff is good.I dont like the built the quick attach 4 in 1 the bottom is not flat.

minimax

stuvecorp
12-02-2008, 10:48 PM
With adding the VTS I will need a bigger bucket for my Gehl 5640 just looking for peoples take on what would be a good option. The width will be 77" so I have looked at an 80" low pro dirt bucket for $1400 quick attach and I looked at an 78" quick attach 4in1 bucket. Is the 4in1 worth it? I want a grapple but not sure if the 4in1 will be an equal replacement for the grapple. The quick attach 4in1 was $3800
just looking for opinions

My 70XT with Vts is right around the same width and I have a 80" bucket. It would depend what you are doing, if you are just loading a regular bucket is fine but if you are grading the 4n1 could be better. I would love to have a 4n1 with a rezloh and tilt tach built in but I make do with the regular bucket. I would think the grapple is for a whole different use than a 4n1. I have a Quick Attach grapple and it has been great but it is a different style than Dirtman's. I like it when doing brushing but it isn't as good when loading I think.

ksss
12-02-2008, 11:31 PM
Something to remember is that a 4 in 1 adds weight to the bucket which in turn decreases your available payload. You will gain ROC with the VTS but something to think about. One of the best buckets I have seen recently is the Allitec bucket. Outstanding build quality, I was priced about 1600. That is crazy I think. I bought a 78' Deere lowprofile extended lip bucket. I bought it at auction for 500 for my 440 with the VTS. I also have an 84" bucket that I have on my 465 that I can also use.

I am not a believer that the 4 in 1 is a replacement for a good dirt bucket. I am a believer in the low pro extended lip bucket for grading. Great visibility and with the longer bottom they back drag nicely. 4 in 1 buckets are good if your on a site with light grappling duties and lighter grading duties. I usually bring a dedicated scrape grapple and a dirt bucket, but a scrape bucket can also do light duty grading.

RockSet N' Grade
12-02-2008, 11:36 PM
i went with an 80" low profile on my5640T.......its wide enough to cover the tracks.

NEUSWEDE
12-03-2008, 08:16 AM
I like that Takeuchi bucket the side cutters are a good idea and looks really durable.
The 4in1 I was on the fence but couldn't really see it handling the brush jobs I do. That solebees, there is a similar company up here MC Faulkner that makes the same thing I just know it is like 7k but I think it is one of those things you get what you pay for.

talus
12-03-2008, 06:00 PM
For what it's worth, I say go with the Solesbee's graple and Bradco bucket. You can probably buy both for what that 4 in 1 will cost. I've got a Solesbees' grapple and it is very well built. I got the grapple last year for under 2k delivered and shipping was 3 days. If you want detailed pics of the grapple I'll get them for you.

ksss
12-03-2008, 06:16 PM
I like that Takeuchi bucket the side cutters are a good idea and looks really durable.
The 4in1 I was on the fence but couldn't really see it handling the brush jobs I do. That solebees, there is a similar company up here MC Faulkner that makes the same thing I just know it is like 7k but I think it is one of those things you get what you pay for.

Quick Attach builds a nice grapple for larger machines. I bought a Saber Tooth grapple. Very heavy duty, works great for trees and brush. It was around 3600 when I bought it a couple of years ago.

http://www.quick-attach.com/attachments_catalog/?view=saber_tine&p=2

NEUSWEDE
12-03-2008, 06:46 PM
Definitely want a bradco bucket after doing some research and they are at the same price point as the competition.

Should I get the long floor or the standard? I am thinking standard for break out force reasons. Also anyone know any online suppliers. No one around me seems to have them or know anything about them. All the dealers in the area that bradco told me were dealers said they never order them or know anything about them and then tried to push me into there cheap model that doesn't have a cutting edge.

Below is the MC Faulkner grapple bit different but along the same lines. Not paying 7k for one though.

dozerman21
12-03-2008, 06:49 PM
Quick Attach builds a nice grapple for larger machines. I bought a Saber Tooth grapple. Very heavy duty, works great for trees and brush. It was around 3600 when I bought it a couple of years ago.

http://www.quick-attach.com/attachments_catalog/?view=saber_tine&p=2

How do you like the Virnig grapple you bought a while back? Have you used it much?

talus
12-03-2008, 07:03 PM
Have you tried Chadwick BaRoss in Bangor? They are a Takeuchi and Bradco dealer. I'm not a fan of the one grapple style. The set up that has two works better IMO. Where are you in Maine?

NEUSWEDE
12-03-2008, 07:08 PM
Have you tried Chadwick BaRoss in Bangor? They are a Takeuchi and Bradco dealer. I'm not a fan of the one grapple style. The set up that has two works better IMO. Where are you in Maine?

I'm in Gorham right outside Portland. There is a Chadwick Ba Ross in Westbrook but they are all big machine Volvos. Will have to take a poke to Bangor sometime. Beauragard can order me one they just didn't know anything about it and I don't know if the standard or high capacity or long floor will be the best.

I don't like the one ram and how the whole top comes down as one and the fact that it is green is a bit strange as well.

Dirtman2007
12-03-2008, 07:22 PM
Yeah I really don't like that one cylinder for the grapple, just does not look like it would have alot of grab force. I like the two grapple style with two cylinders. I personally think they grab better because you can grab at two points rather than just one highest point.

talus
12-03-2008, 07:30 PM
Gorham huh? I spent many many lovely weekends @ USM. Ahhhh the good ole days. Give Chadwick a call. If you don't get anywhere pm me and I'll make a call to the one in Chelmsford,MA and get things moving for you. They sell Volvo,Link Belt,Takeuchi, Terex and Kawasaki. Like I said the Solesbee is way cheaper than 7k. I guess you could say wicked cheaper.:laugh:

ksss
12-03-2008, 08:55 PM
How do you like the Virnig grapple you bought a while back? Have you used it much?

I like it. I have used it a day here and there. Very well built.