PDA

View Full Version : buckets on big ctl's/skids?

P.Services
12-03-2008, 12:37 AM
i didnt want to high jack the current bucket thread...

does anyone other then me have a problem with the lip on the backside of the bucket bending up?

im talking about the lip the the quick attach plate on the machine hooks under to attach the bucket. i welded gussets in mine and it still got bent to f*ck.

ksss
12-03-2008, 12:49 AM
i didnt want to high jack the current bucket thread...

does anyone other then me have a problem with the lip on the backside of the bucket bending up?

im talking about the lip the the quick attach plate on the machine hooks under to attach the bucket. i welded gussets in mine and it still got bent to f*ck.

Yes I have. I have not had the problem on the HD buckets that are boxed around the upper lip where the coupler slides into and above the area that the upper lip slides into. I have a bucket that is not boxed and I bend it. If your machine generates a significant amount of breakout, they will bend. Especially on concrete removal when using a corner of the bucket.

Dirt Digger2
12-03-2008, 03:26 AM
i broke the step welded onto our bucket when i hooked a chain to it to pull out a stuck roller.....:hammerhead:

BIGBEN2004
12-03-2008, 06:37 AM
That is why Takeuchi uses Bradco buckets. They (along with Deere) generate allot of bucket breakout force and where destroying other buckets as well untill they started using Bradco. The ones on the TL250 is truly amazing. They have allot of reinforcment on the quick attach plate and also have side cutters on the sides of the buckets like a track hoe bucket.I know a local man who had a bucket made for him with Cat 953 loader shanks and teeth and also bolt on replaceable cutting edges (or wear plates) between each shank for around $3,000.00.

bobcat_ron
12-03-2008, 11:04 AM
I bent the hell out of the wedge pin lips on the combo bucket on the T190, but not the upper lip as much. CWS has started building buckets now for skid steers, I wonder how good they are built up?

http://www.cwsindustries.com/html/products/skid_steers/buckets.html

ksss
12-03-2008, 07:22 PM
I bent the hell out of the wedge pin lips on the combo bucket on the T190, but not the upper lip as much. CWS has started building buckets now for skid steers, I wonder how good they are built up?

http://www.cwsindustries.com/html/products/skid_steers/buckets.html

Thats because with 3600 pounds of breakout the T-190 cant generate enough power to bend anything.

bobcat_ron
12-04-2008, 10:48 AM
Thats because with 3600 pounds of breakout the T-190 cant generate enough power to bend anything.

That and Bobcat buckets will tear out the bottom before anything else bends, weak, weak, weak.