PDA

View Full Version : labels

Mark B
12-03-2008, 12:10 PM
where are you guys getting your labels at? I'm looking for some to put on the trannys & irrigation controllers. What sizes are some of you using?

Mike M
12-03-2008, 03:29 PM
Do you mean for logo stickers, or for labeling wire runs?

I saw a really nice breaker panel while doing an install last year that struck a big impression on me because they had used a label maker for all the circuits. Very professional!

Mark B
12-03-2008, 03:33 PM
labels that you would put on the transformer with your business name and info on.

Mike M
12-03-2008, 05:09 PM
A good lighting design and good follow up service will probably make that label unnecessary. I'd rather put my printing/marketing money before sales rather than after. Just my cheap opinion.

But it is a cool idea for professionalism.

irrig8r
12-03-2008, 07:55 PM
A good lighting design and good follow up service will probably make that label unnecessary. I'd rather put my printing/marketing money before sales rather than after. Just my cheap opinion.

But it is a cool idea for professionalism.

Mike....

I found out long ago that they really help when people move and a new owner comes along. The best IMHO are a metallic/ mylar that are weatherproof. Been so long I have a hard time remembering where mine came from, but I think they were from NEBS.

I put them on sprinkler controllers, backflow preventers and lighting transformers.

We've done this thread once or twice before if you'll do a search....

Mark B
12-03-2008, 09:37 PM
Thanks Gregg. You see I really suck at following up. I get busy and it just goes by. I try to call to see if they need anything. For me a label would be great. Maybe not for everyone else.

Gregg did you use the same size or everything. Thanks Mark

TXNSLighting
12-03-2008, 10:05 PM
I had my print shop make me some weather proof labels. Has my Logo and phone number on it. I had them make 500 and it cost like 60 bucks. I stick it on every transformer. That way if the client moves and some one else moves in they know who to call if any issues arrise, or they want more lights!

irrig8r
12-03-2008, 11:04 PM
Here's the thread, from the Irrigation forum.

http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=203926&highlight=weatherproof+labels

And here's the one I currently use. I've noticed a couple in full sun have faded (still legible), but none have ever cracked or peeled on their own.

http://www.drawingboard.com/ItemOptions.aspx?coid=21&ItemName=SM8

The Lighting Geek
12-03-2008, 11:19 PM
I actually use 2 on every tf. One is just a name and phone number and the other is a warning: There are no serviceable components inside, tampering with this system will void your warranty. I also tell my customers the same thing, I doubt many of them even want to mess with it anyway.

INTEGRA Bespoke Lighting
12-04-2008, 12:12 AM
I use weather proof Avery Labels that I buy in pkg's of 50 sheets at at time from Staples/Business Depot. Just do a quick layout on Corel Draw or PageMaker and print them off thorugh the laser printer. (they make them for inkjet too I believe). Work great and not nearly as expensive.

Mark B
12-04-2008, 09:30 AM
James how does the ink hold up? Does you use a special ink? Thanks

NightScenes
12-12-2008, 03:21 PM
I use the matalic labels from NEBS. Their cheap and of good quality.