12-04-2008, 06:12 PM
Here's the reason why some people call bobcat "Bobcrap"

http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=F5gbXFxNXi8

4.3mudder
12-04-2008, 06:23 PM
Lol. Haha lol

Junior M
12-04-2008, 06:51 PM
Never had that problem out of the 335, or two 331's that we've used over the years. and havent had it out of any of the bobcat mini's we've rented these last couple years, only the darn 430, the only difference between what that one and ours was doing was ours would actually move the stick back and forth. The tracksticks would do just about the same thing, except they were unreactive, you either had to go fullbore or nothing, if you were inbetween the machine would jerk back and forth and start bouncing back and forth on the tracks like you had a bucket full of dirt, except moving alot faster...

Danscapes
12-04-2008, 08:39 PM
The only thing stupid about it was the operator standing outside the machine using the controls while a car drives by,LOL Whats OSHA's number again?

finegrade
12-04-2008, 08:41 PM
I saw this same type of joystick movement on a Krupp crane, its really strange,
look at the bigger picture, Bobcat us built in the USA, something that some people should appreciate more. I agree this is really weird, but all in all the 430ZHS is not a bad machine, definitely not the best in terms of performance!

Finegrade

Dirtman2007
12-04-2008, 08:51 PM
The only thing stupid about it was the operator standing outside the machine using the controls while a car drives by,LOL Whats OSHA's number again?

You've never moved the bucket while standing on the track? Everytime I grease the machine I just hop up on the track and curl the boom and bucket in while standing outside.

ksss
12-04-2008, 09:28 PM
Maybe its BC's new hand vibrator/massage option. Has anyone else had a BC excavator do that? I have never seen a machine do that.

I am sure BC Ron's girlfriend would be all over that excavator.:laugh:

Junior M
12-04-2008, 09:31 PM
Maybe its BC's new hand vibrator/massage option. Has anyone else had a BC excavator do that? I have never seen a machine do that.

I wonder what causes it...
Like I said before I've had it happen, kinda creepy the first time it happened...

mrsops
12-04-2008, 09:32 PM

That never happened to me with any of my bobcat excavators that i have owned

Dirt Digger2
12-04-2008, 09:34 PM
You've never moved the bucket while standing on the track? Everytime I grease the machine I just hop up on the track and curl the boom and bucket in while standing outside.

when i am greasing our 3-stick CASE backhoes i will grease what i can then stand either on the ground at the back of the machine or on the boom pivot to move the bucket to get to the other fittings...HAHA...efficiency at its finest

bobcatuser
12-04-2008, 09:46 PM
I donít see the problem, am I missing something? Most Bobcat excavators models have the same controls.

After spending the day at the Richie Brothers auction today, I could say all brands are crap looking at what was there.

Dirtman2007
12-04-2008, 09:47 PM
when i am greasing our 3-stick CASE backhoes i will grease what i can then stand either on the ground at the back of the machine or on the boom pivot to move the bucket to get to the other fittings...HAHA...efficiency at its finest

haha

I have you ever stood in the cab of the excavator while your head is sticking out the windsheild and your operating with your arms behind you? I've done that a few times while trying to dig a real deep trench where you cant see the bottom while sitting down. Just dont bump the track travel petals as it will try to throw you out the window. Experience is talking here lol

bobcat_ron
12-04-2008, 09:53 PM
That is really wild, those are RexRoth pilot controls, now that surprised me!

CAT powered
12-04-2008, 10:02 PM
You don't see a problem with sticks that move on their own? I would call that a problem. Maybe you're used to it since you just run Bobcrap.

bobcat_ron
12-04-2008, 10:07 PM
It's OK if they shake for a few seconds, but not like that, there's got to be an electrical glitch somewhere.

bobcatuser
12-04-2008, 11:19 PM
You don't see a problem with sticks that move on their own? I would call that a problem. Maybe you're used to it since you just run Bobcrap.

They don't move on their own, you have to hit the stick and release it for that reaction. It's a built in safety feature. No control input if you let go, same as lifting or lowering the control lockout.

What's wrong with that? It dose not effect how the machine works, unless you have nothing better to do.

Dirtman2007
12-04-2008, 11:34 PM
Maybe it's just me but I personally would not want a machine that did that everytime the control was bumped. Can you imagine geting in and out of the machine several times and bump the lever setting wiggle effect off. that would drive me insane! Every machine that I have been on, if you move the lever in may rock a couple times under it's own tension before it stops, but that is crazy!!

Bleed Green
12-04-2008, 11:59 PM
How is that a safety feature? What does it keep you safe from?

bobcatuser
12-05-2008, 12:01 AM
Maybe it's just me but I personally would not want a machine that did that everytime the control was bumped. Can you imagine geting in and out of the machine several times and bump the lever setting wiggle effect off. that would drive me insane! Every machine that I have been on, if you move the lever in may rock a couple times under it's own tension before it stops, but that is crazy!!

It wonít move like that if you just bump it.

Ok, next time you are running a excavator try this. With your left hand slap the control sideways (without stopping itís movement) let us know what happened.

Gravel Rat
12-05-2008, 04:05 AM
Those viberating controls is good for a woman operator that her batteries wore out the night before and she needs a fix :laugh:

Bobcat machines do have terrible wiring I have had to repair a bobcat mini's wiring and what a nightmare.

I do remember the 325 I used to operate the odd time the controls did that but not so violently.

Watch the other videos Al's You tube channel he is a well experienced hoe operator.

coopers
12-05-2008, 05:56 AM
That is the most annoying thing I've seen. I'd be pissed. I can't see how that is a safety feature. You can tap a controller all you want and machines just don't go wild. Come on, lame excuse.

Junior M
12-05-2008, 07:01 AM
I dont think its a safety feature when the machine is moving or doing its actions when its doing that, that just isnt right, we told the mechanic at bobcat and he said he would have a look at it before it went out the next time, well guess what that unpowered unbalanced 430 did before I even broke over onto the dovetail..

Dirtman2007
12-05-2008, 07:06 AM
It won’t move like that if you just bump it.

Ok, next time you are running a excavator try this. With your left hand slap the control sideways (without stopping it’s movement) let us know what happened.

I've got a 4 of my excavators on my jobsite. I will will take a video of all 4 of their controls when I fling the levers. they won't do that!

SellingIron
12-05-2008, 07:44 AM
If you want to support American products, buy bobcat. They are the only one's built here. If it's not hurting the hydraulics, who cares.... I have a new X430 on my trailer now. I will give it a try...

jmf
12-05-2008, 09:18 AM
Is that the way the engine is suppose to sound? It sounds like a cylinder or two took the day off.

jmf

bobcat_ron
12-05-2008, 10:17 AM
Our Hitachi will spring like that too, but it stops after a second, even my Dad got a good chuckle out of Al's video.

Duramax8832
12-05-2008, 01:20 PM
My new 430 does the same thing...Im having a hard time seeing what the big deal is. It's paid for it gets the work done. Junior i understand what your saying about " balance" but that comes with experience. A good operator can be smoothe on any peice of iron.

Junior M
12-05-2008, 02:01 PM
My new 430 does the same thing...Im having a hard time seeing what the big deal is. It's paid for it gets the work done. Junior i understand what your saying about " balance" but that comes with experience. A good operator can be smoothe on any peice of iron.
Yeah, they can, and once I got used to the machine I was smooth on it, just a hard machine to jump on and run, that and I dont like bouncing up and down when your trying to bail dirt out of an area when you fill a shallow 24in bucket with dirt..

Dirtman2007
12-05-2008, 04:47 PM
Alright here is the control test that I did on my 4 excavators.

The first one is a takeuchi 135 mini, the second is a yanmar Vio55 mini, third is a volvo 210, and forth is a Daewoo 220. None of my machines have controls that are posest.

You have to keep hitting play until is plays, for some reason it refreshes after 2 seconds. Or hit the refresh button on the movie
http://i228.photobucket.com/albums/ee145/Letsdig18/th_controltest.jpg (http://s228.photobucket.com/albums/ee145/Letsdig18/?action=view&current=controltest.flv)

Junior M
12-05-2008, 04:56 PM
Nice comment at the end, Bobcrap! :laugh: Whats funny is arent the controls in bobcat mini's the same brand as the ones in CAT skids?

SellingIron
12-05-2008, 05:28 PM
I tested the new X430 today and it would not do it...3.4 Hours

crab
12-05-2008, 05:42 PM
my old a$$ link belt doesn't do that.bad design ,that would drive me nuts!

Dirtman2007
12-05-2008, 06:18 PM
I tested the new X430 today and it would not do it...3.4 Hours

Was the machine running with the safety lever down so that the machine would move if the levers where pushed all the way?

bobcat_ron
12-05-2008, 07:31 PM
Wow, just wow, the last time I saw a man put his hand on that many joysticks just to give them a flick was while watching.................oh never mind, I shouldn't have typed that.

Dirtman2007
12-05-2008, 08:04 PM
Wow, just wow, the last time I saw a man put his hand on that many joysticks just to give them a flick was while watching.................oh never mind, I shouldn't have typed that.

Which joystick do your prefer Ron, the Skinny ones in the daewoo of the big fat ones on the volvo? :laugh::laugh::laugh:

GradeMan
12-05-2008, 08:17 PM
Wow, that's funny. Bobcat should come good for that
Or in Ron case get a room.... LOL

bobcat_ron
12-05-2008, 08:22 PM
Which joystick do your prefer Ron, the Skinny ones in the daewoo of the big fat ones on the volvo? :laugh::laugh::laugh:

I like them big fat ones, reminds me of ma-self. :laugh:

Dirtman2007
12-05-2008, 08:35 PM
I like them big fat ones, reminds me of ma-self. :laugh:

Ohhh like the ones on those little Toro Dingo's?! :laugh:

SellingIron
12-05-2008, 11:27 PM
Was the machine running with the safety lever down so that the machine would move if the levers where pushed all the way?

Yep,, I was sitting in the seat trying to get them to dance..Do you have to start with a certain side first? The Bucket curl would jiggle a little then stop once the joystick stopped.
:cool2:

Junior M
12-06-2008, 06:33 AM
The left joystick is what always did it on our rented one, once you were on it for a while the right would attempt to do it every once and a while..

bobcat_ron
12-06-2008, 08:17 PM
Here's what the Hitachi ZX27 will do:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DHNduL5-rnk

Junior M
12-06-2008, 09:16 PM
Ron, your Hitachi does the same thing the 335 does, just flicks back, I dont think its a full brand thing never seen it on any other bobcat mini just on the 430, the 430 itself has had alot of problems anyways..