PDA

View Full Version : New ASV PT30

J. Peterson Grading
12-04-2008, 08:12 PM
I have been thinking of getting one of these this spring.

Here is the specs and some of the updates, More complete info after first of the year.

J.

4900bruce
12-04-2008, 09:28 PM
looked at specs from terrex, sorry besides from paint colours and new lettering whats changed.
would have thought new company (terrex)could have at least changed wheels to bolt ons and plantery drives as cat has done.

stuvecorp
12-04-2008, 10:40 PM
Looks like the boom has changed and the colors are different. The specs didn't look all that different. They probably didn't mess to much with it.

Hollowellreid
12-05-2008, 12:01 AM
It looks like the one real difference worth a mention is the lift height-

It looks as if pin height is now 95.5 inches vs. the old RC/PT height of ~80"

It would be nice, but I'm still not sure it's enough to make a big difference. Another 10" would be good, but I guess the 15" is a big improvement.

I wonder what the cost will be for the Terex unit? We need to upgrade units but were planning on looking at a low hour used one...

bobcat_ron
12-05-2008, 10:15 AM
Looks like the lower loader arms were moved forward to get the height.
95" ain't bad, the Bobcat S70 is 103".

Digdeep
12-05-2008, 02:26 PM
Looks like the lower loader arms were moved forward to get the height.
95" ain't bad, the Bobcat S70 is 103".

It looks like the height to the bucket pin is 101".

Strawbridge Lawn
12-12-2008, 02:45 PM
Looks like just cosmetic changes. Are you sure there is achange?
Does not make sense with all other factors remaining the same.

http://www.kellands.com/newspages/ASV%20Terex%20Compact%20Loaders%20PT30%20AFK.pdf

hansondirtman
12-12-2008, 04:33 PM
Loader arms are totally new, looks like my 80's, I like it.

Strawbridge Lawn
12-12-2008, 04:54 PM
I don't know.. Looks the same to me.. I thought the roller
wheels were going to be upgraded (forward/rear) as they wear more than the others. Hmm. Has anyone got one or seen one up close that can verify the changes noted?

Digdeep
12-12-2008, 06:41 PM
Looks like just cosmetic changes. Are you sure there is achange?
Does not make sense with all other factors remaining the same.

http://www.kellands.com/newspages/ASV%20Terex%20Compact%20Loaders%20PT30%20AFK.pdf

Those are pictures of the current machine. J Peterson Grading posted a link that has the brochure for the new machine. The loader arms are definitely new. I don't know if the rollers are different.

J. Peterson Grading
12-12-2008, 07:13 PM
In 2009 there is going to be an updated version of the PT30. Its going to have at least a new style loader arm so it will lift higher. (As can be seen in my original post)
New machine is also going to be White. (As in both links) But I think the white version of the old style is just an export version of the current model.

As for the 09 version. Its just to soon to tell. I have been told that they are still making "refinements". So whether its got improved wheels and sprokets, I couldn't tell you. But the loader is a for sure thing.

I was a bit disappointed in the fact that they didn't add a bit more power, or weight to it. But as far as I know, the link I posted was a preliminary spec list. So it could go either way.

J.

Strawbridge Lawn
12-12-2008, 07:23 PM
Thanks.. I didn't see the picture the first few times..
Does anyone know when thi will be available?
Good improvements up front, but most of my wear issues
were undercarriage related so I am interested as to what was done there. Adding more weight to the front roller wheels mean faster wear unless they are improved

Ausman
12-21-2008, 06:54 PM
If you feel you will have weight issues with the wheels did you realise you can cut out the old axle and fit an Rc50/60 axle and wheel with tapered rollers. Either the mid wheel or the rear 10 inch wheel fits on. You will need to screw the steel washer to the wheel still to stop the circlip groove getting damaged.

KRtraxx
12-21-2008, 09:05 PM
Ausman knows what hes doing when it comes to getting good life out of ASV undercarriages guys..listen up closely...........

KRtraxx
12-21-2008, 09:09 PM
If any of you are looking for a price on a new Terex ASV loader let me know how you want it equipped and I can PM you a general price..I dont think I can post pricing on these threads...

4900bruce
12-21-2008, 11:41 PM
A friend has a RC30 and a PT30 has been putting Rc50 wheels on his RC30 for awhile .He has told me that axle dimensions are the same but the RC50 wheel bearings are stronger than the Rc30 bearings .He is also buying cat 247b wheels which is same as RC50-RC30-PT30 wheels from the cat dealer for a lot less than the asv agent is charging.

stuvecorp
12-22-2008, 12:17 AM
A friend has a RC30 and a PT30 has been putting Rc50 wheels on his RC30 for awhile .He has told me that axle dimensions are the same but the RC50 wheel bearings are stronger than the Rc30 bearings .He is also buying cat 247b wheels which is same as RC50-RC30-PT30 wheels from the cat dealer for a lot less than the asv agent is charging.

Thanks for the heads up on that.

KRtraxx
12-22-2008, 08:53 AM

I ill check on this,but I dont think this is true in the U.S on the wheel prices..Maybe down there the pricing is different.I priced a replacement turbo from Cat to a guy in Aus. and the Aus. price was WAY below the U'S. price from Cat for the same part...

Hollowellreid
03-25-2009, 10:20 AM
time to bring this thread back from the dead....

We have been looking for a replacement for our aging RC-30.

We would buy new if the Terex would indeed lift higher and have different arms than the old unit- However, looking at the terex website, the model shown has the old style arms like the ASV built machines, not the newer ones as JP Grading showed.

http://www.terex.com/attachment.php?action=LAUNCH&nav=prod&id=dc3546b4d50fa7193e700314d78327db

Does anyone know when the new style arms might be available? If Terex has abandoned this plan, we'd probably look for a lightly used ASV instead.

KRtraxx
03-25-2009, 11:09 AM
time to bring this thread back from the dead....

We have been looking for a replacement for our aging RC-30.

We would buy new if the Terex would indeed lift higher and have different arms than the old unit- However, looking at the terex website, the model shown has the old style arms like the ASV built machines, not the newer ones as JP Grading showed.

http://www.terex.com/attachment.php?action=LAUNCH&nav=prod&id=dc3546b4d50fa7193e700314d78327db

Does anyone know when the new style arms might be available? If Terex has abandoned this plan, we'd probably look for a lightly used ASV instead.
The new style arms WILL be coming on the Terex version.There might be a few red and white ones with the old style arms till the arms are used up but after that the new ones are coming..As far as time frame all I was told was very soon..The arms will be way more beefy and look more like the 50 arms..And yes the lift height will be higher...If your interested give me a call or mail me..I can beat anyones price on ASVs..:)

Strawbridge Lawn
03-25-2009, 01:11 PM
I will be buying another PT-30 this year, and I am very interested in pricing and upgrades from Terex. I like the upgraded wheel ideas as I have had all my front/rears replaced at 800 hours. Machine has 1200 now.

I will be selling my ASL300 when Terex units are avail so if anyone is interested.

Yes, Lets keep this thread going..

stuvecorp
03-25-2009, 01:22 PM
When we got our Polaris, it was like $7,000 less than the RC 30 otherwise I don't think we ever would have bought one. Will probably have to keep it forever as I still won't pay what they want for the RC/PT 30.

stuvecorp
03-25-2009, 02:10 PM
Something I just thought of, I would like to have the 'big skid' quick tach instead of the odd ball one.

Strawbridge Lawn
03-25-2009, 05:43 PM
What is a PT30 going for? I figured 23-25K?

KRtraxx
03-25-2009, 06:50 PM
What is a PT30 going for? I figured 23-25K?

How do you want it equipped..bare bones or loaded up with cab and heat...?? Can figure up a general price..

Strawbridge Lawn
03-25-2009, 07:05 PM
Bucket, no cab.. More interested in the Terex upgraded unit, but a general price is good for now.

What is key for me is selling the ASL300 first, so any
assistance there would expedite something down th road
when a unit becomes avail.

KRtraxx
03-25-2009, 07:12 PM
Back window and sound insulation?? The sound insulation makes a huge diff in quietness to the operator.. My new price book shows a pic with the new arms..But I was told they wont be available till June..So the price could be different on that new arm version I would think.101" pin height now ..

Strawbridge Lawn
03-25-2009, 07:32 PM
I use the ASL all the time, but for short periods usually less than
1 hour so.. I would consider a back window. Let me know either way.

mag360
03-26-2009, 03:06 PM
I'm curious if a retrofit will be possible to get the lift height out of the older machines. It would be nice if the new arms didn't bend so easily like they do on our '06 rc30.

KRtraxx
03-26-2009, 04:17 PM
Let me see if I can find that out for you.....:)

Strawbridge Lawn
03-26-2009, 05:11 PM
Any general numnbers yet?

KRtraxx
03-26-2009, 07:36 PM
Any general numnbers yet?

With a back window , insulation and a bucket you would be about at 23K for the current version.. But I am almost positive when I get these left over new or very low houred units I could be a bit below 20K.. I hope to have access to those within a week..

Strawbridge Lawn
03-26-2009, 07:42 PM
PT30 Plus (wish list)
i would like to see the RC/PT 30 beefed up to include:
Beefier Drive motors that reduce wear
Stronger roller wheels (maintainable)
More HP 36-40 range (turbo?)
More rear weight (300-400 lbs)
lift arm height increase/strengthen.
Wider track for better flotation (12")
Bring machine width to 50" width
Increase tipping to 2000 lbs
and 50% tip to 1,200 lbs
Higher aux Hyd flow rates

If lift arms are all that is getting addressed than
IMO more needs to be done.. This machine is
so close to being the total package.

Strawbridge Lawn
03-26-2009, 07:49 PM
18-22K is what rc-30 went for back in 2003 as i recall.

Strawbridge Lawn
03-26-2009, 07:55 PM
Many new 08's on this link:

http://www.machinerytrader.com/listings/list.aspx?ETID=1&catid=1055&Manu=ASV&Mdltxt=PT30&mdlx=exact

stuvecorp
03-26-2009, 07:59 PM
PT30 Plus (wish list)
i would like to see the RC/PT 30 beefed up to include:
Beefier Drive motors that reduce wear
Stronger roller wheels (maintainable)
More HP 36-40 range (turbo?)
More rear weight (300-400 lbs)
lift arm height increase/strengthen.
Wider track for better flotation (12")
Bring machine width to 50" width
Increase tipping to 2000 lbs
and 50% tip to 1,200 lbs
Higher aux Hyd flow rates

If lift arms are all that is getting addressed than
IMO more needs to be done.. This machine is
so close to being the total package.

I think those are good ideas. I would want to stay as close as possible to the current weight but would like to see more power(or hyd. flow). A little more lifting would be nice. How about a 'normal' quick tach? I would like to stay at 48" wide though.

Strawbridge Lawn
03-26-2009, 08:52 PM
I think with a slightly wider track floatation would offset
another 600-800 lbs of Op weight. AT 4K pounds it still
gets in/on virtually all the same places. An inch on either side I would like for stability.
Current machine not really effective (IMO) with larger quick Attach
implements. I notice it when digging with a 54" bucket. I have e a standard quick attach converter plate, but because of weitght/power have never "gone up" to biigger attachments. I think some would work OK though.

riverwalklandscaping
03-26-2009, 11:54 PM
Adding all that power then just buy an PT50 or 60. The point of the 30 is that its light and small. The lifting height is the only thing I agree on. Don't have to change much to get that extra bit. I can barely load my dump with the older style pt30. over 48 inch and you loose the ability to get in 4 foot gates

Strawbridge Lawn
03-27-2009, 07:30 AM
I hear you on the 4ft gate thing, but most of the time we remove fence panels anyway to expedite material moving/removal. The changes I suggested are not drastic, but they beef up the 30 yet keep it WELL below the stats of a 50 to keep it in its element.
IMO, A few enhancements like this and they could discontinue the 50 and just retain the 60 on up.
I have operated my ASL for 5 years and love it. I get the the lift arm issue and agree. CAT updated their drive motor designs for the 200 series B2 to diminish wear. After replacing two drive motors, and 10 roller wheels I think something could be done in this area to keep operating costs down. Heavier 50 wheels is agood.
Kind of scares me a bit when you add more weight to the front of a well balanced machine to add lift height without addressing other itmes. Adding weight to the front should (must IMO) be countered in the rear or tipping issues will become more relevant (forward and lateral). Lifting loads higher elevates this potential.
More HP? Really just to kep the machine efficient with the added weight from suggested mods. Higher Aux Flow could be optained from more power.. Perhaps up to 14 GPM increasing the fexibility/efficiency with implements.
I would do these mods in a heartbeat as it kepps the machine in its element yet increases capability and reduces maintenace. I just hopr it is a well thought out change if/when it comes.

riverwalklandscaping
03-27-2009, 12:05 PM
ya i don't get the point of the 50 and 60, they should just make the 60, or take some weight off the 50 and make it a 1500 lb machine

Ausman
03-30-2009, 08:05 PM
The 60 is 6 inches wider than the 60 and has 2 speed. There is supstancial differences when you drill down.

Strawbridge Lawn
04-30-2009, 06:32 PM
For those of you wondering whether a new PT30 is
being developed well I am sorry to say there is nothing in the works that anyone will see for a few years. For those of you like me wanting a beefier unit.. FORGET IT!.
Get yourself a PT30 now while prices/rates are low due to the economy as there is nothing out there to wait for.

Digdeep
05-03-2009, 10:20 AM
For those of you wondering whether a new PT30 is
being developed well I am sorry to say there is nothing in the works that anyone will see for a few years. For those of you like me wanting a beefier unit.. FORGET IT!.
Get yourself a PT30 now while prices/rates are low due to the economy as there is nothing out there to wait for.

Not so fast....I had a salesman that I know go to an ASV auction they had this weekend up by their factory. He was told point blank that they were 100% positive that they were going to be releasing the new PT30 sometime later this fall possibly around November. The guy at the auction told him that it had much higher lift (over 100"), big improvements to the undercarriage and drive motors and improvements to the cab.

Strawbridge Lawn
05-03-2009, 01:07 PM
Great News, and I hope true, but I am PO'd people that should know are so ignorant. I will use your e-mail and continue digging

freddyc
05-03-2009, 08:32 PM
Bobcat has the new 110 model out. It looks like a 5100 operating weight, about 41 hp and a somewhat steel drive system.

How does thatcompare to the asv unit? It sounds like its beefier --no idea on cost though.

Might be something to compare. I like the specs on the Bobcat overall.

Digdeep
05-03-2009, 10:04 PM
Bobcat has the new 110 model out. It looks like a 5100 operating weight, about 41 hp and a somewhat steel drive system.

How does thatcompare to the asv unit? It sounds like its beefier --no idea on cost though.

Might be something to compare. I like the specs on the Bobcat overall.

That T110 is almost a ton heavier than the ASV (it should be beefier) and each of it's tracks are two inches narrower than the RC30 as well. I wouldn't trust it on any of the turf I worked on with the rented RC30 I used.

Strawbridge Lawn
05-05-2009, 11:06 AM
I think he is blowing smoke. I just got another e-mail back saying
nothing is planned for this year. Not to say next year we won't see the rumoirs revealed. I would not be surprised if these improvements are on the boards just nothing production wise
this year.

Digdeep
05-05-2009, 10:50 PM
I think he is blowing smoke. I just got another e-mail back saying
nothing is planned for this year. Not to say next year we won't see the rumoirs revealed. I would not be surprised if these improvements are on the boards just nothing production wise
this year.

Someone is blowing smoke for sure :nono: I stand by my information about the machine coming out this fall. He was told to expect it to be launched at the dealer meeting. let's hope I'm right since you're looking for a new machine and I just like to see new equipment.

I have to beleive this salesman since he has been 100% right so far regarding ASV or Loegering. He also found out at the auction that the Loegering factory in ND has been shut down and all VTS product is now being built at the ASV factory.

KRtraxx
05-06-2009, 12:57 AM
Someone is blowing smoke for sure :nono: I stand by my information about the machine coming out this fall. He was told to expect it to be launched at the dealer meeting. let's hope I'm right since you're looking for a new machine and I just like to see new equipment.

I have to beleive this salesman since he has been 100% right so far regarding ASV or Loegering. He also found out at the auction that the Loegering factory in ND has been shut down and all VTS product is now being built at the ASV factory.

I am not sure about the new 30 this fall..Lets hope so.. I DO know that your info on the VTS being built in Grand Rapids is 100% correct..Have been to the factory 4 times in the last 2 weeks and saw the VTS stuff there first hand.