PDA

View Full Version : My new 32" stander

South Florida Lawns
12-04-2008, 11:45 PM
The first thing I noticed on my machine, is that my fuel tank looks like a defect one. There is a small hole at the top of the tank about the size of a pencil. Although no gas has come out of it yet, I only have a 1/2 tank in it. Also there are grind marks all over it from someone cleaning up the molding lines. When one of my employee's first saw it he mentioned that the tank looked different too. Should I take the machine in to my dealer or can I just remove the tank and save a trip with my trailer? I will get some pictures up tomorrow I don't even have an hour on it yet but that small hole is bugging me.

Thanks South Florida Lawns

WrightCommercial
12-05-2008, 09:32 AM
South Florida Lawns,

The tanks on the 32" Standers are different than the rest of the line. Due to the narrow deck the regular tank would prohibit the use of a grass catcher. Also due to the lower volume of the 32" it does not get the logo and the finished look of the regular tanks. For the tank to be done under warranty it will need to be replaced at the dealer, and it might be a good idea to call them so if they need to order it your time won't be wasted. Also if you have not verified that the hole truly goes all the way through the mold, sometimes it looks like a hole but is actually just a bubble in the mold, you may want to verify that it's completely through the material. If truly a hole definitely replace the tank to avoid any possible safety issue.

Best Regards
Wright Mfg. Service Dept.

South Florida Lawns
12-05-2008, 12:38 PM
Thanks for the quick response, I'll take it to my dealer monday and have them check it out.